SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    US drops 40 tons of bombs on ISIS-infested island along Tigris River
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

US drops 40 tons of bombs on ISIS-infested island along Tigris River Login/Join 
Chilihead and Barbeque Aficionado
Picture of 2Adefender
posted Hide Post
Light ‘em up, boys.

The Second Amendment is not about hunting or sport shooting.

Posts: 10489 | Location: FL | Registered: December 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In Heaven, Curtis LeMay is smiling.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16059 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
Impressive and hopefully very successful.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Good. And I hope it fuckin' hurt.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I suspect that the timing of these 40 tons of bombs dropping has something to do with the recent attack in Kabul, that killed a "Great, great American soldier". Hopefully the Taliban think about this from time to time.

-c1steve

Posts: 4052 | Location: West coast | Registered: March 31, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Can people hide in bushes from FLIR equipped aircraft?

Posts: 26891 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I don't think so, as this video so magnificently demonstrates. GET SOME!!!

And this one...

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
In Heaven, Curtis LeMay is smiling.
Probably "Bomber" Harris, too.

Good job, troops! On this day (and every day) we need to give those jihadists Hell.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was a little disappointed. Would have liked to have seen more bombs. My OCD kept telling me they missed a spot.

...that I will support
and defend...

Posts: 871 | Location: Northern VA | Registered: July 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
'We're denying Daesh the ability to hide on Qanus Island,' said Maj Gen Eric T. Hill, Special Operations Joint Task Force - Operation Inherent Resolve, commander.

Quite the opposite, in my opinion. No way anyone could find all the pieces, they were sent to permanent hiding.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20803 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
Hope there were a few Mark 77 incendiaries in the mix.

Posts: 4009 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
Sounds like some expensive bombs. What ever happened to good old Napalm?

Posts: 9491 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SevenPlusOne
posted Hide Post
Almost as satisfying as an Arc light strike, almost.

"Ninja kick the damn rabbit"

Posts: 4617 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: October 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of arabiancowboy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Strambo:
quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember:
nice to watch

will be interesting to see if there is a BDA flight and report in the next day or so

No flight, the Iraqi SF dudes on the ground moved in to assess. I'd like to know the BDA as well (if any).

You think there’s no flight BDA? I assure you there most certainly is 24/7 coverage watching in HD.

Posts: 2397 | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arfmel:

You can see someone hiding in a bush with the basic FLIR camera. It shows heat. I would expect a military grade flir to have no problems seeing it.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jimmy123x:
quote:
Originally posted by arfmel:

You can see someone hiding in a bush with the basic FLIR camera. It shows heat. I would expect a military grade flir to have no problems seeing it.

Yep.

“You can run…but you'll only die tired.”

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43859 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Corgis Rock
Picture of Icabod
posted Hide Post
quote:
And no virgins for them either.

Why virgins? The Daesh fear comparison, and for good reason.

“ The work of destruction is quick, easy and exhilarating; the work of creation is slow, laborious and dull.

Posts: 6060 | Location: Outside Seattle | Registered: November 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post