SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    KARMA for the Viet Nam vets - ** P228 ** ---->>> WiNNER = bryan11 <<<----
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

KARMA for the Viet Nam vets - ** P228 ** ---->>> WiNNER = bryan11 <<<---- Login/Join 
Do the next
right thing
Picture of bobtheelf
posted Hide Post
My uncle flew for the 7/17th Cav. in 67/68.

Posts: 3657 | Location: Nashville | Registered: July 23, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My grandfather completed 3 tours, would love a chance at this one.

Posts: 2679 | Location: The Low Country | Registered: October 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Please count me in. My father served in Vietnam while in the Navy. I'd love to suprise him with this.

Posts: 2750 | Registered: March 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you for this. 1972-1973 for me. Served with HMM-165, 1st MAW.

USMC (Ret) 1970-1990
Recovering 1911 Addict
NRA Benefactor Member

Posts: 173 | Location: Manassas, VA | Registered: May 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cynic
Picture of charlie12
posted Hide Post
Don't enter me I don't quality I was only a Vietnam Era Vet. Q just wanted to thank you for thinking of our Nam Vets.

Posts: 13014 | Location: Pride, Louisiana | Registered: August 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ride the lightning
Picture of Killer Instincts
posted Hide Post
What a generous karma, please put my name in for my dad's sake - '69-'70, attached to 4th ID, pair of Bronze Stars for his time.

He would absolutely hate me putting his name in for this but he would certainly love the Sig considering how much he enjoys the WG P226 I sold him awhile back.

I haven't digitized his pictures or I'd post one. Thanks for the reminder to do so.

Posts: 2167 | Location: Underway | Registered: March 17, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shoots Flies
at Fifty Yards!
Picture of SuhlShooter
posted Hide Post
I joined up just after the war ended, but my Uncle flew O-2's marking targets for F4's. I would like to enter in honor of him.

Posts: 3028 | Location: Hit the ground running in Moultrie, GA | Registered: July 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fatmanspencer
posted Hide Post
My old landlord, awesome dude, was an engineer in nam I believe. I know he is treated for agent orange, and has some stories from the time, but otherwise he doesnt talk on it. I'd like to gift it to him, as he is an awesome dude. If he doesnt want/ can't own it, I'll send it back in.

Used guns deserve a home too

Posts: 783 | Location: North Ga | Registered: August 06, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Don't enter me. I was a Viet Nam era vet but stationed in Europe.

Thanks to all Nam Vets!

Posts: 921 | Registered: June 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My father was in the navy during Viet Nam and my father in law was drafted into the Army. My dad served and came home safely, my father in law got lucky and stayed stateside during his two year stint in the Army.

My father passed away much too soon 23 years ago, but I've carried on his military tradition, serving in the Army for these last sixteen years with four combat deployments to Iraq and Afghanistan. I don't think any of my deployments were nearly as bad as what I've been told and read about Viet Nam.

Good luck to all and thanks to those who served and those who paid the ultimate price. Also, 30 April is my shoulder surgery date so I hope that's a good day for me regardless.

Posts: 2014 | Registered: April 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Unishot
posted Hide Post
I'd love a chance to gift this to my brother. He was a captain and served in combat in Vietnam. He does not own a handgun, and this would serve him very well!

Insert your favorite gun-related witticism here!

Posts: 651 | Location: TX | Registered: March 30, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of aparoche
posted Hide Post
My dad served in Vietnam. Thank you for your generous Karma.

Posts: 524 | Registered: November 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My Dad did a tour in 68-69. Thanks for the chance.

NRA Life Member

Posts: 813 | Location: Tuscaloosa, AL | Registered: May 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
My dad started out in the Navy on the USS America as a Navy Corpsman. Next thing he New he was doing Marine training and was now a corpsman in Vietnam.

He has few stories he shares from Vietnam but did give me shit for “not knowing what tired is” and talking about Puff The Magic Dragon.

One time however he did make the comment (and you have to understand my dad is a fairly laid back funny guy) that and I quote “Those VC were pussies, now the NVA, they were no joke and scared the hell out of me”. Or something to that effect.

If I should win this Karma I honor of my dad who is not a shooter please pass this on to one of the respondents who were there and deserve this wonderful karma.

Chris

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7631 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not eligible for the Karma, but wanted to say thanks to all those who served in Viet Nam and Q for his continued generosity and appreciation of the military folks.

Posts: 1121 | Registered: July 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bushpilot
posted Hide Post
I have a great video made from my 8mm films is shot with the camera attached to my flight helmet and it looks through the gun sight of the UH-1C Huey. How do I post it to this forum?

****************************************************W5SCM
"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution" - Abraham Lincoln

"I have been driven many times upon my knees by the overwhelming conviction that I had nowhere else to go" - Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 1143 | Location: Little Rock, AR | Registered: January 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bryan11:
Thank you for this generous karma. My dad flew KC-135s in Vietnam until he was killed on a mission in 1968.

bryan11, you are the winner. This P228 is dedicated to your father, who is probably smiling from above. Congratulations! Sent you an email.

Thank you to all who have served and sacrificed in Viet Nam.

Q

Posts: 26205 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost, but making
good time
posted Hide Post
Another very generous an fantastic karma.
Thank you for honoring and remembering those vets that are the most overlooked.

You Sir, are what helps make this one of the best forum communities on the net.

Bye for a while, guard the fort. - My Dad

Posts: 10446 | Location: St Augustine | Registered: March 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
Congratulations to byran11.

Thank you Q for the excellent karma and opportunity!

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
bryan11 needs to get in touch with me to claim his prize. Three emails have been sent to him. And so far, nothing but crickets.

Another winner will be chosen, if I don't hear from him by this week's end.

Q

Posts: 26205 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post