SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    KARMA for the Viet Nam vets - ** P228 ** ---->>> WiNNER = bryan11 <<<----
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

KARMA for the Viet Nam vets - ** P228 ** ---->>> WiNNER = bryan11 <<<---- Login/Join 
The Main Thing Is
Not To Get Excited
Picture of wishfull thinker
posted Hide Post
What a generous Karma and please count me in.

This is my 50th anniversary, count 'em, 50 years, wholly crap, since sunny South East Asia.

9th Marine Amphibious Brigade, 5th Anti-tank Battallion, A co. 1st platoon attached to second Bn 7th Matine Rifle Regiment until somewhere in July and then rolled to 3rd Bn 26th Marines.

To Yanici: what ship(s) were you on. I was on the USS Ogden and then the Alamo, actually made an honest to goodness across-the-beach amphibious landing from the Alamo, no incoming though, that was later.

Warmest regards to brothers-in-arms from that shitty little war.

Posts: 6354 | Location: Washington | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Set out once to become the world's greatest procrastinator, but never got around to it
Picture of Fdan
posted Hide Post
12131 - thank you for the very generous Karma. Please do not include me (RVN 1970-71, 101st Airborne/Airmobile) but I want to acknowledge your generosity and your appreciation for those that served.

My best to you!

Posts: 1983 | Location: Southern California | Registered: January 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have not yet begun
to procrastinate
posted Hide Post
I don't qualify to enter but Q, your Karmas are AWESOME.

Congratulations to the lucky winner.

--------
After the game, the King and the pawn go into the same box.

Posts: 3771 | Location: Central AZ | Registered: October 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Spent my year moving around III CTZ with 54th Artillery Group. 155 self-propelled howitzers, later with a battery of 8 inch and 175 SP guns. Thanks for the thoughtful karma.

Posts: 1638 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: June 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
On a Wing
and a Prayer
Picture of Pilken
posted Hide Post
My Pops was there. He got this published just a few years back.

https://www.amazon.com/No-Plac...ll-Sly/dp/1532003048

-------------------------
“I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind. Some come from ahead and some come from behind. But I've bought a big bat. I'm all ready you see. Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me!”
- Dr. Seuss

Posts: 2624 | Location: FINALLY just outside of Chicagoland | Registered: April 24, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Please do not enter me. I lost a cousin there; I will tell his family of your kind gesture.

Posts: 985 | Location: Nashville | Registered: October 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Please enter my stepfather Dave.

He flew RC-4's over Laos in 70-71. While he doesn't talk much about the time to my mother, he did successfully complete 200 photo recon missions w/o loss of plane or personnel.

He recently escaped from the People Democratic Republic of Kalifonia, and would most certainly be thrilled to earn such a karma!

Posts: 363 | Location: North Coast | Registered: October 31, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was lucky enough to have two(2) paid vacations to Vietnam. Please include me, and thanx!!

Posts: 6601 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Living my life my way
Picture of molachi
posted Hide Post
Thank you for this great karma. I was at Danang AB, from 68 to 69. Sorry can't post pics from there as the slides got wet and destroyed.

Posts: 1756 | Location: The Backyard of Nowhere | Registered: August 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Yellow Jacket
posted Hide Post
Your generosity is amazing!

Thank you for this opportunity!

Served at Bien Hoa, AFB 1969-1970.
3rd Field Maintenance Squadron, PACAF

God's mercy: NOT getting what we deserve!
God's grace: Getting what we DON'T deserve!

"If the enemy is in range, so are you." - Infantry Journal

Bob
P239 40 S&W
Endowment NRA
Viet Nam '69-'70

Posts: 1099 | Location: Fayette County, GA | Registered: April 14, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative Behind
Enemy Lines
Picture of synthplayer
posted Hide Post
I didn't serve, but I wanted to say I think what you're doing is GREAT, 12131! Thanks to all of our vets!

I found what you said riveting.

Posts: 10696 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Fusternc
posted Hide Post
Please Don't include me. What an amazingly generous gesture to those who served in this war!
Great looking P228!

Posts: 1373 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Common sense is genius dressed in its working clothes
Picture of sandman76
posted Hide Post
My Dad's only brother, my Uncle Jack did a tour in Vietnam in what was probably 1970 or 71.

I was just a kid and don't remember exactly.

I would ask him but he was killed in 1979 while assisting a stranded motorist in a snowstorm. Some drunk ass ran over him on Parker Rd.

It would be an honor to be included in this amazing and generous Karma.

Posts: 1956 | Location: Douglas County, Colorado | Registered: July 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Main Thing Is
Not To Get Excited
Picture of wishfull thinker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pilken:
No-Place-Hide-Bill-Sly

You posted this before and I got it and read it. Pretty cool memoir, pretty uncool day at work. thank your dad for me.

Posts: 6354 | Location: Washington | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Flying Sergeant
posted Hide Post
I'm not a Vietnam vet, almost every conflict since, but I just want to say that you are a very generous man. It is amazing that you do this. Good luck to all you Vietnam vets, you deserve this!

Posts: 1673 | Location: Waukesha,WI | Registered: December 19, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pilken:

https://www.amazon.com/No-Plac...ll-Sly/dp/1532003048

I just bought the book, please thank him for his service, and thank all of you that served.

Amazing Karma.

Posts: 12915 | Registered: June 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My dad’s unit was activated to go to Vietnam. While his unit was sent overseas his assignment took him to Kennedy to work on the Apollo rockets.

Yes, he did “technically” serve for Vietnam era and was in the VFW and got the bene’s for ‘Nam but,I would say, as I am sure he would, this is for the guys and girls that went over there.

Let me close by saying I will pass but, that is a great generously awesome Karma.

Posts: 4024 | Registered: January 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Awesome Karma. Please do not include me as I serviced & monitored satellite communications during the Persian Gulf War. Just wanted to say thank you for your generosity and thanks to all who served.

Posts: 9112 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you for this generous karma. My dad flew KC-135s in Vietnam until he was killed on a mission in 1968.

Posts: 2358 | Registered: October 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
3° that never cooled
Picture of rock185
posted Hide Post
Thanks Q, this one I've got to enter. It's a 228 after allWink Central Highlands RVN, 1969. TC 1/69 Armor.

NRA Life

Posts: 1561 | Location: Under the Tonto Rim | Registered: August 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post