SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    KARMA for the Viet Nam vets - ** P228 ** ---->>> WiNNER = bryan11 <<<----
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

KARMA for the Viet Nam vets - ** P228 ** ---->>> WiNNER = bryan11 <<<---- Login/Join 
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted
If you are a Viet Nam vet, or if you have family members who were, you are eligible to enter this P228 Karma. Winner will be picked on 4/30/18. Thank you!

Any Viet Nam related pics you care to post to share would be appreciated.

The P228 - KJ date code (1998)
Bought in 2011 from previous owner who had the entire gun refinished in Cera-Hide Balck by CCR and Meprolight TRU DOT installed. I replaced the stock plastic grips with the Hogue Chainlink grips. Put 100 rounds through it, no problems.

---->>> WiNNER = bryan11 <<<----

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 12131,

Q

Posts: 26381 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
teacher of history
Picture of maxwayne
posted Hide Post
1969 and 1970. I want to thank you for doing such a wonderful thing. I greatly appreciate you doing this.

Posts: 5619 | Location: Central Illinois | Registered: March 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
1965-1969 service time. 1967-1968 in country. This is a better deal than getting spit upon on arriving back to the US. Thank you for your generosity.

Posts: 1616 | Location: Simpsonville SC | Registered: April 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HayesGreener
posted Hide Post
71-72, 73-74. Thanks for doing this

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)

Posts: 4358 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My uncle served in Nam then did 30 yrs in law enforcement. Thank you for the chance!

Posts: 735 | Registered: February 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Life's too short to
live by the rules
posted Hide Post
Thanks for providing such a nice Karma. My dad served in Vietnam back around 1965.

Posts: 1696 | Location: Richmond, VA | Registered: August 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
I was in Viet Nam twice, first tour with 2/2 Infantry, 1st Infantry Division. 2nd tour with 1/70 Armor, 5th Mech Division. I would be pleased to enter this extremely generous Karma.

Pictures later, I'm patched up from cataract surgery yesterday.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Johnny 3eagles,

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
I had x2 Uncles that served. One of them never came home. If that allows me in. I'd be honored to be entered.

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8849 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Resident Knuckledragger
Picture of IndyRob
posted Hide Post
My Dad served in the USAF from 1965-1967 came home in time to create me :P

Thank you for this generous gift.

Posts: 7358 | Location: Greater Indianapolis Area | Registered: October 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
I would love a chance! One of my favorite Uncles spent his time in Vietnam.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25420 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of craigcpa
posted Hide Post
My father was in Cam Ranh Bay in the late 60's. Please add me. I'll try to locate pics, but not sure I have any.

==========================================
Just my 2¢

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right ♫♫♫

Posts: 7731 | Location: Raleighwood | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Vote the
BASTIDS OUT!
Picture of yanici
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the great KARMA. I'm a Vietnam Era Vet, 1965-1968 if that qualifies. In the amphib forces and met a lot of brave Marines that endured many tours. God bless 'em.

John

"Building a wall will violate the rights of millions of illegals." [Nancy Pelosi]

Posts: 2409 | Location: N.E. Massachusetts | Registered: June 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've got several relatives who served there. Please do not enter me, I just wanted to thank you for all you do.

Jim

Posts: 1338 | Location: Northern Michigan | Registered: September 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sig sailor
posted Hide Post
Navy vet during Viet Nam war, but never went to Nam. Please do not enter me. I just wanted to say thank you. Great karma!
Rod

"Do not approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear, or a fool from any direction." John Deacon, Author

I asked myself if I was crazy, and we all said no.

Posts: 1683 | Location: Between Rock & Hard Place (Pontiac & Detroit) | Registered: December 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
I served in the USN during the Veit Nam war at Fleet Operations Control Center, Pacific Fleet, Kunia HI.

Please don't enter me in the drawing, but thank you sir for your recognition of a group of brave men and women that got in the trenches during that god-awful war.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Don't know if I qualify, Z, but thanks for another unbelievably generous karma, either way.

I'm a Vietnam era vet: U.S. Army, 1971-1974, if that qualifies. Closest I came was getting orders for Vietnam when I was 11 months short. My MOS was no longer critical so they couldn't send me. (Which, quite honestly, was fine by me.)

I have no photos at all of those times. Never used to be much of a picture-taker. My mom probably took some photos when she and my wife at the time came down to Ft. Knox for my graduation from Basic Training, but my brother would have all of those, now.

That sure does look like a sweet P228 Smile

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Free men do not ask
permission to bear arms
Picture of George43
posted Hide Post
1965-1966. Soc Trang and Dalat. I'm in.

A gun in the hand is worth more than ten policemen on the phone.
The American Revolution was carried out by a group of gun toting religious zealots.

Posts: 3808 | Location: Spring, Texas | Registered: June 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mr. Peteroniman
posted Hide Post
do not enter me,

my uncle (mechanic) flew out of Okinawa on B-52's

but, I am blown away by the generosity of the members on this forum

good on ya...

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed.
For after all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog.”
― Charles M. Schulz

Posts: 2012 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: June 25, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post
Great Karma! Please don't enter me. Like Sigfreund I like these threads and love reading about the units and people who served. My father was a helicopter pilot with the 240th AHC at Bearcat. The 240th named their slicks the "Greyhounds" for their ability to transport people quickly. They wrote Greyhound and the bus line sent them a bunch of Greyhound decals which they proudly used on their helicopters. The gunships were the "Mad dogs". The maintenance folks were known as the kennel keepers. I guess later at a reunion we, the kids of the 240th, became known as the pound puppies. Roll Eyes

Posts: 7724 | Location: West Jordan, Utah | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you for offering this Karma. My wife's cousin just passed from aggressive liver CA at 66. He spent some time in country, sorry I don't know any details. He was a heck of a guy who did his part and is missed. Don't enroll me, just wanted to say thank you and to all the vets on here.

"The days are stacked against what we think we are." Jim Harrison

Posts: 1120 | Location: Ann Arbor | Registered: September 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post