SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Root Beer Float, oh how I love thee.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Root Beer Float, oh how I love thee. Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
If you have an A&W close to you go in and get the root beer out of the tap with the frosted glass mug. Enjoy. Good root beer. You can also fill up a big jug to go as well and make your float own with your own ice cream.

They will also make you a good float there as well.

Posts: 4055 | Registered: January 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of UTsig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FiveFiveSixFan:
quote:
Originally posted by konata88:
I’ve got some good ice cream. Strauss.

What’s a good root beer?

There was a small chain of drive-in root beer stands called Stewart's Root Beer which I loved when I was growing up in NJ. They had great hot dogs and excellent root beer which was served in frosted mugs. The drive-ins were scattered along the east coast but when I was talking to a relative recently, I learned that you can order the root beer from jet.com

I remember Stewarts, that's what came to mind with this title. One in Clark, one in Morganville that we frequented. Carhop service, too.

"Nature scares me" a quote by my friend Bob after a rough day at sea.

Posts: 3397 | Location: Utah's Dixie | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cne32507
posted Hide Post

This is the drug store counter where I drank real fountain root beer and coke floats in the '50's. Syrup, carbonated water: no premix. We have a member whose mother worked there. Excuse the photo: got it off their Facebook site.

Posts: 2520 | Location: High Sierra & Low Desert | Registered: February 03, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by adobesig:
At this stage of my life it's a diet root beer float, but hell yeah.

At this stage of my life it's NO root beer floats. But I did love the A&W root beer floats delivered by a cute car hop, and hung on my car window on a hot evening.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Pipe Smoker,

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8945 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Birch Beer makes a great alternative. Or even Cream Soda. Big Grin

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16208 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ChuckWall
posted Hide Post

Posts: 5689 | Registered: February 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ChuckWall
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 357fuzz:
If you have an A&W close to you go in and get the root beer out of the tap with the frosted glass mug. Enjoy. Good root beer. You can also fill up a big jug to go as well and make your float own with your own ice cream.

Papa Single

MAGA

Posts: 5689 | Registered: February 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
chickenshit
Picture of rsbolo
posted Hide Post
I agree. I enjoy a rooter float over even a bowl of ice cream.

Wonderful.

Posts: 8000 | Location: East Central FL | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victim of Life's
Circumstances
Picture of doublesharp
posted Hide Post
Big Red and vanilla ice cream makes a great float.

Posts: 4697 | Location: Sunnyside of Louisville | Registered: July 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ChuckWall:
quote:
Originally posted by 357fuzz:

Papa Single

There you go Chuck!!!!!

Posts: 4055 | Registered: January 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We call them brown cows in Chicago. Barqs root beer here on the Gulf Coast.

Posts: 17234 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
Barq's is too bitter, methinks. I would be afraid to ruin some ice cream trying to concoct a float with Barq's.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You're going to feel
a little pressure...
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by konata88:
I’ve got some good ice cream. Strauss.

What’s a good root beer?

Try this:

Not Your Father's Root Beer. Good root beer with an alcoholic kick.

Bruce

"The designer of the gun had clearly not been instructed to beat about the bush. 'Make it evil,' he'd been told. 'Make it totally clear that this gun has a right end and a wrong end. Make it totally clear to anyone standing at the wrong end that things are going badly for them. If that means sticking all sort of spikes and prongs and blackened bits all over it then so be it. This is not a gun for hanging over the fireplace or sticking in the umbrella stand, it is a gun for going out and making people miserable with." -Douglas Adams

“It is just as difficult and dangerous to try to free a people that wants to remain servile as it is to try to enslave a people that wants to remain free."
-Niccolo Machiavelli

The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all. -Mencken

Posts: 4245 | Location: AK-49 | Registered: October 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIG's 'n Surefires
Picture of M-11
posted Hide Post
If you come to/go through St Louis, stop at Fitz's. You won't be disappointed.

https://fitzsrootbeer.com/

"Common sense is wisdom with its sleeves rolled up." -Kyle Farnsworth
"Freedom of Speech does not guarantee freedom from consequences." -Mike Rowe
"Democracies aren't overthrown, they're given away." -George Lucas

Posts: 6880 | Location: IL, due south of the Arch | Registered: April 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post