SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Bad singing. Really bad singing. Sooooooo very, very bad....
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bad singing. Really bad singing. Sooooooo very, very bad.... Login/Join 
Good enough is neither
good, nor enough
posted Hide Post
Such confidence. I will have a glass of whatever he is drinking.

There are 3 kinds of people, those that understand numbers and those that don't.

Posts: 2034 | Location: Liberty, MO | Registered: November 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
Lookin' for a City gets periodic play on a local radio station, because it's so amazing.

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Hawgster,

"Shoot lower, Sheriff, They're ridin' shetlands"
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?

Posts: 1360 | Location: S.E. Wi. | Registered: October 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43810 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rev. A. J. Forsyth
posted Hide Post
That Sonseed video is amazing.

Posts: 1639 | Location: Winston-Salem  | Registered: April 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
What am I missing, Rev? You seem to like all this off-key catterwalling.

Posts: 107254 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sig sailor
posted Hide Post
I have been a music director for 40 years, and I thought I had heard it all. I was wrong! So very wrong!
Rod

"Do not approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear, or a fool from any direction." John Deacon, Author

Posts: 1673 | Location: Between Rock & Hard Place (Pontiac & Detroit) | Registered: December 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DrDan:
quote:
Originally posted by Sig2340:
I've said it before but I'll say it again:

TAIN'T NO WAY IN TARNATION I'MA CLICKING ON THEM LINKS!

They're worse than getting rick-rolled.

Rick could carry a tune.

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted Hide Post

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
Say what you will, but at least he isn’t trying to accompany himself on the accordion.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rev. A. J. Forsyth
posted Hide Post
quote:
What am I missing, Rev? You seem to like all this off-key catterwalling.

Hey now! That Sonseed video really gets the feet to stompin'.

I laughed until the tears were rolling. Combination of the dude wailing on the guitar like he's in an AC/DC video, and the creepy dude with the mustache.

Posts: 1639 | Location: Winston-Salem  | Registered: April 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
You might want to look up Florence Foster Jenkins.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGT61_KbXms
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ifu1Q-vGOwQ

People actually bought tickets to hear her sing at Carnegie Hall! She was a rich socialite and I think she rented the hall with her own money so she could perform.

From Wikipedia:
quote:
Florence Foster Jenkins (born Narcissa Florence Foster; July 19, 1868 – November 26, 1944) was an American socialite and amateur soprano who was known and mocked for her flamboyant performance costumes and notably poor singing ability. The historian Stephen Pile ranked her "the world's worst opera singer ... No one, before or since, has succeeded in liberating themselves quite so completely from the shackles of musical notation."[1]

Despite (or perhaps because of) her technical incompetence, she became a prominent musical cult figure in New York City during the 1920s, 1930s, and 1940s. Cole Porter, Gian Carlo Menotti, Lily Pons, Sir Thomas Beecham, and other celebrities were fans.[2][3] Enrico Caruso is said to have "regarded her with affection and respect".[4] The poet William Meredith wrote that what Jenkins provided "... was never exactly an aesthetic experience, or only to the degree that an early Christian among the lions provided aesthetic experience; it was chiefly immolatory, and Madame Jenkins was always eaten, in the end."[5]

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 1474 | Location: Washington | Registered: August 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
I was going to post the Eddie Murphy character Randy Watson (Coming to America) singing, but I just can't bring myself to do it...

well, OK...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?...inue=2&v=KzANAr1V82c

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53085 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
I have been told by a recording engineer friend of mine that many of the modern "pop stars" in music are terrible singers, their fame based first on looks and then doctored music. At least David Cassidy had to sing well. This short video gives a glimpse of how modern vocal music is created.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RF67YxdCJdk

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16612 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
Listening to those singers is like looking at the sun. Just get a sense of it then look away and hope there's no permanent damage...

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29607 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conductor in Residence
Picture of Maestro
posted Hide Post
I showed this video to my voice students for years. It was a right of passage.

Posts: 3674 | Location: Tampa Bay, FL | Registered: July 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My sides HURT !!!! Big Grin

Posts: 779 | Location: Colorado | Registered: October 11, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do---or do not.
There is no try.
posted Hide Post
Read the comments on the Brian Free YouTube. I died laughing again!

Posts: 4493 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post