SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Police Take Out Shooter The Fast & Efficient Way
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Police Take Out Shooter The Fast & Efficient Way Login/Join 
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted
We have seen a few of these videos posted in the past, and they rank up there on my list of favorites.

This one happened a few weeks ago in Grand Rapids.

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15692 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
Grand Rapids is the 2nd largest city in Michigan, population near 200K. It can be an awesome fun city, a bit crazy, and areas of down right scary.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37931 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of FiveFiveSixFan
posted Hide Post

Posts: 7301 | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
High mass/Low velocity.

Posts: 958 | Registered: October 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
Well, at least he only hit him once. That's what they want, right?

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12348 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rightwire:
Grand Rapids is the 2nd largest city in Michigan, population near 200K. It can be an awesome fun city, a bit crazy, and areas of down right scary.
Metropolitan area is over 1,000,000. It becomes a numbers game in a big city when you consider x% are criminals and y% are cookoo for cocoa puffs.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23098 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Im surprised this asshole survived that, looked like the cop nailed him pretty good. Too bad the cop wasn’t driving a steam roller

Posts: 3369 | Registered: December 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 229DAK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FiveFiveSixFan:
Suspect in chase and shootout now charged with murder

Looks like he suffered a little road rash. Too bad.

Posts: 9001 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
CAPT Obvious
Picture of Spiff_P239
posted Hide Post
Not sure if that’s officially endorsed police procedure, but I’m okay with that ending. Guy killed his girlfriend and then shot at pursuing officers? Got what he deserved.

Posts: 3518 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HayesGreener
posted Hide Post
When deadly force is called for anything goes. Saves on ammo.

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)

Posts: 4358 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
All the time
Picture of Gear.Up
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Georgeair:
Well, at least he only hit him once. That's what they want, right?

And in the leg, so it's a win, win!! Big Grin

Posts: 2320 | Location: East TN | Registered: July 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
The officer deployed an ISGM (Idiot Seeking Guided Missile) to end the confrontation.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37931 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
For you USPSA guys, that's around a 2041166 grain projectile at 73 FPS... like 149 power factor, not even making major. Wink

Posts: 21052 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
Good for the cops. Very effective takedown.

Reminds of something from years ago.

When I first started driving, I knew an older truck driver. A SUV pulled up beside him with the passenger pointing a 12ga shotgun out the window at his cab. Probably for some road rage incident, IIRC.

Anyway, he steered hard left into the SUV, sent it into the median where it went over front to back half a dozen times. Killed both of the occupants DRT.

After a short investigation, Tennessee authorities basically said you gotta do what you gotta do when a gun is pointed at you. A large vehicle is preferable to a handgun in my book. Whats the power factor of 80 tons at 65mph?

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8200 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Stylishly done, GRPD!
My BMW dealership is in GR. When I get close, I just shut off the engine. The suction just pulls me into town.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16004 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
I hope they hosed off the paint so the blood doesn't corrode it

paint is expensive

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53085 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Grand Rapids guy survived, this girl in Tulsa(March 2017)wasn't as lucky:

Posts: 1474 | Location: Washington | Registered: August 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of xl_target
posted Hide Post
There is a photo fof him in this article.
...a bit of road rash.

https://fox17online.com/2018/0...ng-homicide-suspect/

Posts: 2322 | Registered: January 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
"Oh, he's definitely dead" Razz...that he is still breathing air DOES surprise me Eek

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10580 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
Methinks the officer needs to work on his tire placement. Center mass or cranio-ocular cavity. None of this “hit ‘em In the leg nonsense.”

This message has been edited. Last edited by: slosig,

Posts: 6872 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post