SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Jesse Ventura appeal denied by SCOTUS in Chris Kyle suit.
Page 1 2 3 4 5 

Moderators: Chris Orndorff, LDD
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Jesse Ventura appeal denied by SCOTUS in Chris Kyle suit. Login/Join 
Picture of spunk639
posted
Jesse you dragged a hero through the mud and then his widow.

https://sofrep.com/71970/jesse...illion-kyle-verdict/

Proud to be deplorable.

Posts: 675 | Location: Boston, Mass | Registered: December 02, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doubtful...
Picture of toms
posted Hide Post
Suck it asshole.

Best regards,

Tom

I have no comment at this time

Posts: 2457 | Location: Texas | Registered: April 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So did he or didnt he punch him.

Posts: 2439 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
fugitive from reality
posted Hide Post
I haven't been following this since Ventura won his initial suit. I'm assuming the first verdict was overturned on appeal?

Posts: 4799 | Location: Newyorkistan | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
Cripes, would you just go away already, Jesse? Asshat.

Proudly deplorable

Posts: 7313 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gearhounds:

+1

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." -- C.S. Lewis

Posts: 3941 | Location: District 12 | Registered: June 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ChuckFinley:
quote:
Originally posted by gearhounds:

+1

Right? He sued because his reputation suffered from the book... ironic considering this trashed whatever reputation he had left.

Posts: 17 | Location: DFW | Registered: January 04, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Scumbag!

Posts: 296 | Location: Maryland | Registered: February 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
They're after my Lucky Charms!
Picture of IrishWind
posted Hide Post

Lord, your ocean is so very large and my divos are so very f****d-up
Dirt Sailors Unite!

Posts: 23932 | Location: NoVa | Registered: May 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
JV hurt his own reputation in the NSW community more so than anything written in the Kyle' book.

Posts: 8999 | Location: Carolina but Texas in my mind | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good! Now maybe he will finally go away!

Officers lives matter!

Posts: 2436 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: February 12, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now in Florida
Picture of ChicagoSigMan
posted Hide Post
The 8th Cir. Court of Appeals decision that vacated the $1.8million judgment sent the case back for retrial. Now that Ventura has lost at the Supreme Court, he indicated he is going to go forward with the retrial. Looks like we haven't heard the last of this scum.

Posts: 3859 | Location: FL | Registered: March 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Low Speed, High Drag
Picture of navyshooter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ArLEOret:
Good! Now maybe he will finally go away!

Don't count on it.....the asshat is strong with this one.

The case could return to Minnesota for a new trial.

"Blessed is he who when facing his own demise, thinks only of his front sight.”

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem

Montani Semper Liberi

Posts: 9444 | Location: The Temecula Valley | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CQB60:
JV hurt his own reputation in the NSW community more so than anything written in the Kyle' book.

This is very often the result of these cases.

I have recounted here the case of a San Diego lawyer who sued an accountant for calling him an asshole in a bar and pouring a beer on him. The case became somewhat prominent in the San Diego legal community, not the least for the number of lawyers who volunteered to be witneses for the defense.

Truth is a defense, of course and plaintiff was awarded the cost of dry cleaning his suit and a finding that, "in truth and in fact, Plaintiff is an asshole." In our world, that makes it res adjudicata.

Many years later, the plaintiff became a customer, and on one occasion in a telephone call when he started acting up, I gleefully admonished him, "Gee, Mike, no need to be as asshole!" I'm not ashamed to say I enjoyed that.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 39318 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
He has 15 seconds left from his 15 minutes. He's trying to make the best of it.

Posts: 10819 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
Reputation? Really...

Time for Jesse to throw off that mortal coil and see where he can go in the afterlife to ruin others lives.

-----------------------------
The first lesson of economics is scarcity: there is never enough of anything to fully satisfy all those who want it. The first lesson of politics is to disregard the first lesson of economics. - Thomas Sowell

Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself. - Milton Friedman

Posts: 23872 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:
plaintiff was awarded the cost of dry cleaning his suit and a finding that, "in truth and in fact, Plaintiff is an asshole."

Posts: 16929 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 12915 | Location: N. Houston, TX | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
He has 15 seconds left from his 15 minutes. He's trying to make the best of it.

Maybe if Daddy had bought him an icecream cone...

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" I could explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Posts: 33903 | Location: My Happy Little Tire Swing | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
" Jesse Ventura – the Navy SEAL turned pro wrestler, pro wrestler turned actor, actor turned governor, and governor turned crackpot. ..."
Accurate career summation in a short sentence!

Jim

Posts: 488 | Location: Southeastern Iowa | Registered: September 14, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post