SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Who Remembers These? (Electrical Related)
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Who Remembers These? (Electrical Related) Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Here in WNY there are many houses that still use them. No remembrance needed.

"Once abolish the God, and the Government becomes the God." --- G.K. Chesterton

Posts: 3856 | Location: WNY | Registered: April 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sure. Grew up with them. What are these "breaker" things people are talking about? When they're broken, you just screw in a new one. Big Grin Razz

Posts: 2692 | Registered: November 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
I still see them frequently at the switch by furnaces

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8214 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
My FIL's house was built around 1950 with 2+ feet thick stone walls and several big fuse boxes, he had an electrician come a few years ago to check it all out to possibly put in a circuit breaker panel and he was told it was so well-engineered and solid that he should never get rid of them and just stock up on fuses instead!

Posts: 33769 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Run into them on a regular basis...

Posts: 10052 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SeaCliff
posted Hide Post
Grew up with them in the hood (projects).

Posts: 1894 | Location: San Diego | Registered: October 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post