SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    2 dead when off-duty Chicago officer flees traffic stop
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

2 dead when off-duty Chicago officer flees traffic stop Login/Join 
Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted
https://www.policeone.com/off-...olice-dies-in-crash/

Jeeze...what a shit show...I wonder why the off-duty officer decided running was a good idea? I'd hate to have any involvement in that, and hope our CPD members weren't affected.

quote:
By PoliceOne Staff

CHICAGO — An off-duty officer and a woman were killed in a fiery crash after the officer fled from police who attempted to pull him over.

Supt. Eddie Johnson said officers in an unmarked SUV matched the off-duty officer’s car to a description of one that was used in a carjacking on Tuesday, CBS Chicago reported. The car was not the right one, but the off-duty officer fled.

The off-duty officer then collided with Chequita Adams, 27. According to ABC 7, both drivers were pinned in their vehicles as they caught fire. They were pronounced dead on the scene.

More at article...

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones

Posts: 11448 | Location: NC | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Team Apathy
posted Hide Post
I'm no detective but I suspect they will find evidence of some "shenanigans" in the deceased officers history in short order.

Bet there are probably a few other officers feeling a bit nervous too.

Posts: 6363 | Location: Modesto, CA | Registered: January 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by thumperfbc:
I'm no detective but I suspect they will find evidence of some "shenanigans" in the deceased officers history in short order.

Bet there are probably a few other officers feeling a bit nervous too.

Short of having weed in the car, or getting a BJ from a known hooker, or having said hooker dead in the passenger seat, or being drunk (maybe in Chicago), it's hard to imagine a situation where an off duty officer would be in full-screwed mode by being pulled over.

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones

Posts: 11448 | Location: NC | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of spunk639
posted Hide Post
Maybe he was unarmed and thought it was a hit by bogus cops.

Posts: 2774 | Location: Boston, Mass | Registered: December 02, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yew got a spider
on yo head
Picture of DoctorSolo
posted Hide Post
It's distasteful to speculate.

But I wager drunk.

Posts: 5134 | Location: Colorado Springs | Registered: April 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
A lot of people are idiots. Some of them become cops.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17460 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fenris:

And with lower hiring standards that number is going to grow...

-JALLEN

posted Hide Post
Spunk may have something here. The key words are "unmarked SUV".

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16088 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chongosuerte:
quote:
Originally posted by Fenris:

And with lower hiring standards that number is going to grow...

Don't even get me started.... have I got stories for you....

But in this case, what a fucking idiot. A sheer embarrassment to the badge.

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 33287 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post