SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    stimulus payment by credit card?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

stimulus payment by credit card? Login/Join 
Picture of az4783054
posted
We received a credit card stimulus payment that needs to be activated. Last time it was via check.

Is this how the payment is being made this go around?

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do the next
right thing
Picture of bobtheelf
posted Hide Post
Mine was direct deposit. What is being asked of you in order to activate it?

Posts: 3660 | Location: Nashville | Registered: July 23, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Short. Fat. Bald.
Costanzaesque.

Picture of TexasScrub
posted Hide Post
It will look like this:

Posts: 1986 | Location: Victoria, TX | Registered: February 11, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
Yes, that's it. We've never provided our direct deposit information, hence a check and apparently this time the debit card. My wife thought it was a scam but it's been activated and to the bank it goes.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Twist
posted Hide Post
The Feds have our account info so our $5.15 was deposited a couple of weeks ago. It was good for a laugh anyway.

Posts: 1931 | Location: NOT Houston, Tx (Thank God), but in the area. | Registered: May 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
I just found this online: direct deposit, check and debit cards for the payment. I'd rather have ammunition...maybe toilet paper.

https://www.nj.com/coronavirus...-get-my-payment.html

Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by az4783054:
Yes, that's it. We've never provided our direct deposit information, hence a check and apparently this time the debit card. My wife thought it was a scam but it's been activated and to the bank it goes.

Mine was a mailed check both times.

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4128 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mine was direct deposit like the one last spring. This time It was $15. No joke.

Posts: 4760 | Location: Florida Panhandle  | Registered: November 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
Direct deposit. We got it so long ago it's already been spent.

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5038 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SevenPlusOne
posted Hide Post
Just stop in the middle of the fucking street and ask any mailman, cause he'll know.

And, the reason they're impeaching Trump, is because the ain't got "they" check yet.

These people vote.

"Ninja kick the damn rabbit"

Posts: 4618 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: October 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
we got our 'prepaid card' with considerable surprise & disbelief; Mr. Accountant asked pertinent questions & sent us to the bank, who was unsure of 'when' etc but familiar with what to do;

You gotta 'activate' by calling # on card & provide "6 special digits" which your .gov & financial institutions all have already, THEN you get the $Bux.

Attached document advises 'first transaction is no charge' while there is a considerable list of typical fees if you use it more than once.

Our plan was to withdraw ALL of the duly credited balance in ONE swoop, zeroing out that account, and depositing elsewhere. It seemed to have worked perfectly.

Now, I'm going to advise my grandkids to get to work so they can pay it off eventually.

**************~~~~~~~~~~
"I've been on this rock too long to bother with these liars any more."
~SIGforum advisor~
"When the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of change, then change will come."~~sigmonkey

Posts: 9854 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
First one was a card. Went to bank and they transferred the full 2400 at one time.

Posts: 655 | Location: South Texas | Registered: February 27, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My first one was a bank card, second one was a check. No idea why, they have my direct deposit info from filing every year.

Posts: 174 | Registered: February 12, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
There doesn't seem to be any consistency in manner of payment. Wonder if 'the big guy' gets the fees when using the card incrementally? Roll Eyes