SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What is your hobby?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What is your hobby? Login/Join 
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
Working out. I go to the gym more days than not. It's social as much as good for the body.

Photography, although I don't put as much effort into this as I would like to.

Tinkering. I always feel the need to have some small project in the works, be it house and yard related, car/truck, or home electronics etc.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Valpo Fz:
quote:
Originally posted by 6guns:
Guitar/singing/open mic and watercolor painting. Motorcycling on occasion and I really need to make it more often.

We need to go for a ride sometime!

I'm up for it, Ed.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38647 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 71 TRUCK
posted Hide Post
Home brewing beer, however we have not brewed in a while.

The Second Amendment to the United States Constitution.

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State

NRA Life Member

Posts: 2571 | Location: Central Florida, south of the mouse | Registered: March 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
Motorcycles, small engine/equipment repair, welding/metal fabrication, woodworking, flower gardening.

Dub around a little bit with Arduino programming in the winter, used to be big into model building, need to get back into that.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15210 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted Hide Post
Sleeping.

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones

Posts: 11448 | Location: NC | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by toms:
Sex

Drugs

Rock & Roll

?? Big Grin

Is that all your brain and body need?

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

Posts: 14036 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of msfzoe
posted Hide Post
I enjoy growing my own food.
2500 square foot vegetable garden produces enough food for almost a year.
Nothing like going to the garden with a salt shaker and harvesting a luscious tomato or two.

Posts: 2422 | Location: newyorkistan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
Motorcycle riding
Gardening
Cooking
Photography

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 8668 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Buy high and sell "low"
Picture of archerman
posted Hide Post
Archery, Archery hunting (I will be leaving for my Nevada Mule Deer Archery hunt in 9 more days), camping and growing peppers to make salsa, and smoking meat and other goodies on the Kamado Joe...

Archerman

Posts: 2484 | Location: N. Idaho | Registered: February 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LS1 GTO:
quote:
Originally posted by toms:
Sex

Drugs

Rock & Roll

?? Big Grin

Is that all your brain and body need?

You blockhead! Wink

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38647 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of aileron
posted Hide Post
Old English motorcycles, experimental amateur built airplanes, hunting.

Posts: 1480 | Location: Montana - bear country | Registered: March 20, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My hypocrisy goes only so far
Picture of GrumpyBiker
posted Hide Post
I believe I have entirely too many hobbies.
I just love learning how to do new things.

But these are the ones that take up most of my time.

I like motorcycles but it's Harley's for me.

Love traveling in our motorhome

Woodworking, I replaced all the furniture in our home with pieces I made, except for the chairs... I don't do chairs !!

Metalworking (blacksmithing would be a stretch)
New hobby, just starting.

</a>

Carving , great winter hobby & also for when I'm away in the motorhome.

U.S.M.C.
VFW-8054
III%

"Never let a Wishbone grow where a Backbone should be "

Posts: 6932 | Location: Central,Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Hookers and blow.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53121 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SigSentry
posted Hide Post
Flipping/building bicycles..not as much these days. Sheldon Brown was the Man.

Posts: 3508 | Registered: May 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chilihead and Barbeque Aficionado
Picture of 2Adefender
posted Hide Post
I love to cook, grill, and smoke meats. I'm also a watch enthusiast, and occasionally dabble in photography.

I love 50's and 60's classic cars and truck, and could easily go off the deep end with them. But the hobby is way too expensive for me.

I rode motorcycles for many years, but decided to retire from that while I still had all my body parts firmly attached Smile

Less time and money for motors = more time and money for the shooting sports!

The Second Amendment is not about hunting or sport shooting.

Posts: 10489 | Location: FL | Registered: December 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
Photography, but I do not put enough time nor effort into it. Spend way to much time on the internet.

Posts: 13678 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
Guitars, Travel, Photography, Auto sports, Wimmin.

Not necessarily in that order.

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nojoy
posted Hide Post
jousting

Posts: 1292 | Location: Marysville, WA 98271 | Registered: March 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Browndrake
posted Hide Post
Fly fishing and hunting. When the finances free up in the next 5 years or so I would like to get back into flying. I may go the ultralight route this time.

Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be men of courage; be strong. Do everything in love.
- 1 Corinthians 16:13-14

Posts: 888 | Location: Southwest Michigan | Registered: March 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Woodworking
Bread baking
Don't make enough time for either;(

Bill Gullette

Posts: 1526 | Location: Behind the Pine Curtain  | Registered: March 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post