SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Here I am, in need of cheering up
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Here I am, in need of cheering up Login/Join 
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post

Here is some more beat down, up-close and personal.

Hope you feel better soon Tac! Big Grin

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
More persistent
than capable
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear you are not up to speed, and you know it is temporary. Your post reminds me of:

Daddy! Daddy! Momma got hit by a bus

Son, you know my lips are chapped and it hurts to smile.

Feel better soon.

Lick the lollipop of mediocrity once and you suck forever.

Posts: 1087 | Location: North | Registered: August 27, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Get better soon!

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dirty Boat Guy
Picture of parallel
posted Hide Post
Here's to hoping you get well soon.

Nice video.

A penny saved is a government oversight.

Posts: 6708 | Location: New Orleans Area | Registered: January 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
At least you have the excuse of surgery. Some of us are ugly as shiite and have no excuse. Big Grin

Posts: 17144 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bald1:
Damn Tac, sorry to hear this. Trust the mending process is expeditious and pain free.

As an aside, were you ever able to locate a vintage Heuer 510.503 Lemania 5100 chrono?

Nossir, I never did. But I DID find a nice Ebel Sport Wave 200m that was really looking lonely on the shelf.

Posts: 11322 | Location: UK, OR, ONT | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sunburn:
Sorry to hear you are not up to speed, and you know it is temporary. Your post reminds me of:

Daddy! Daddy! Momma got hit by a bus

Son, you know my lips are chapped and it hurts to smile.

Feel better soon.

Big Grin

Posts: 11322 | Location: UK, OR, ONT | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Wins
Picture of Micropterus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:

Here is some more beat down, up-close and personal.

Hope you feel better soon Tac! Big Grin

Obviously, I've never been shot at by an Apache. These videos make it seem so close to the targets. Can these guys not hear the Apache out in the distance. They act as if they have no idea there's a helicopter out there in the darkness. Are Apaches that quite, or does a 30mm cannon have a range beyond the sound of the helicopter?

Posts: 4285 | Location: In The Swamp | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
I’d tell people, “Bet that bear regrets messing with me now! Can’t wait til my rug is ready.”

Posts: 13742 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Micropterus:
Obviously, I've never been shot at by an Apache. These videos make it seem so close to the targets. Can these guys not hear the Apache out in the distance. They act as if they have no idea there's a helicopter out there in the darkness. Are Apaches that quite, or does a 30mm cannon have a range beyond the sound of the helicopter?
I'm sure they heard it flying around, but likely thought it wasn't after them, until it was.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rawny
posted Hide Post
Looks like they can see it as well. At 1:50, one of them decided to go "Rambo" and pointed his weapon right at the camera. So at least they can see a silhouette in the dark.

That gun sight on the Apache needs re-calibrating.

Posts: 2660 | Location: San Hozay, KA | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live long
and prosper
Picture of 0-0
posted Hide Post
My dearest tac, been thinking what to tell you and sort of leaned towards Monty Python humor.

Almost ready to link you "Always look at the bright side of life" when I thought a more martial music would be better.
Here's something that always makes my day.
Hope you enjoy it.

https://youtu.be/Dax_tnZRExc

0-0 Big Grin

"OP is a troll" - Flashlightboy, 12/18/20

Posts: 12108 | Location: BsAs, Argentina | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post
That hurt.

Stitches are not meant to come out till Thursday.

Thank you!!!

posted Hide Post
Then we'll just have to find another way to "keep you in stitches" . . . .

The organization we travelled with for the reunion in 2014 is planning another one in 2019. The other reunion here in the US we normally attend is planned for St. Louis in 2019 - we were just there in 2016, so Dad has been thinking about skipping it.

His big concern about travel that far is his age now. He turned 100 last month. He is still mobile, just a little slower. If we do decide to come over, I'll let you know.

Now, get out of those darned stitches!!

Posts: 2771 | Location: Northern California | Registered: December 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sleepla8er
posted Hide Post

Tac ~ All the best to you & wishing you a very fast recovery!!!

This is the funnest thing I've ever watched, but since your stitches don't come out until Thursday ~ I think you should wait before you watch it!!!

Mrs. Brown gets a bikini wax
(Not Safe For Work)

Direct Link:
https://dai.ly/xjxo4b

Posts: 2856 | Location: San Diego, CA  | Registered: July 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
... some pretty drastic facial surgery left me looking like a badly-made quilt.

So it's a big improvement?

< ducks behind cover >

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31440 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
chickenshit
Picture of rsbolo
posted Hide Post
Here's to you feeling better soon Tac. Heal quickly.

Posts: 8000 | Location: East Central FL | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
You should spend more time in your favorite pub, sipping at a glass of bitter, and watching the weird and wonderful people pass by.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31440 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
Prayers for healing Tac. God Bless. orc

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19186 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post
Thank you all for your good wishes - they really matter to me. Even joshing is good - you can only do that with friends, right?

SAC, please give your dad all our very best wishes. We'd love to see you both again!