SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Here I am, in need of cheering up
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Here I am, in need of cheering up Login/Join 
half-genius,
half-wit
posted
a week after some pretty drastic facial surgery left me looking like a badly-made quilt. And would you believe it, but the boys in blue have done it for me!

There they are, somewhere in Helmand, practicing their Kung Al-Fu, when all of a sudden, a selection of USAF explosive devices arrive at their precise location.

https://www.liveleak.com/view?t=sDsas_1544155326

If it didn't hurt so much I'd be smiling my face off, but I'm too afraid of bits falling off, so I'll just mentalise it.

Posts: 11316 | Location: UK, OR, ONT | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I hope you're feeling better soon.

That was a good video, looked like the primary set off an even bigger secondary.

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Throwin sparks
makin knives
Picture of sybo
posted Hide Post
Prayers and thoughts Brother

Posts: 6203 | Location: Nashville Tn | Registered: October 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
Nice!! Get well soon!

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20320 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the kind comments - you guys are the BEST!

Posts: 11316 | Location: UK, OR, ONT | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
That was a most enjoyable video. I’m on light duty myself, more so of the common cold. All the best on recovery.

Posts: 6156 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eye on the
Silver Lining
posted Hide Post
Hoping you feel better soon. And remember -beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

"Trust, but verify."

Posts: 5309 | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gone but Together Again.
Dad & Uncle
Picture of h2oys
posted Hide Post
Get well soon. Smile

Posts: 3718 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: November 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’ll Add my get well soon to those above. Hope the pain fades quick.

Officers lives matter!

Posts: 3265 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: February 12, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
Sorry about your pain, Tac. Get better soon!

And thanks for the video. Made me smile for the first time in a couple days.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25643 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
Hiya tac! Hope you mend well, and feel better soon.

Remember, when ever someone comments that you look beat up, the proper response is, "Yeah, well, you should see the other guy!"

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12768 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
nice secondaries!

hope you mend well

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11270 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Get well soon tac.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20815 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Heal up quick. Don’t stop smiling

Posts: 13240 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Facts are stubborn things
Picture of armedprof
posted Hide Post
I hope you mend well but no so well you miss out on good stories to tell.

That video was Awesome. "We'll put a boot in your ass. Its the American Way"

Do, Or do not. There is no try.

Posts: 1786 | Location: Just South of Charlotte, NC | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tacfoley:
a week after some pretty drastic facial surgery left me looking like a badly-made quilt.
It adds character! Think of the stories that you can tell at the local pub.

Hoping that you mend well, and quickly. As my grandmother would have said, "Zei gesundt."

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30650 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
That blowed up good. Real good. Wink

Heal up quick Tac.

Posts: 26895 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The first thing you need to do is to make up some outrageous stories, say, “I saw a You Tube video that said I could actually shave using a running lawnmower and the rest is history.”

Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Posts: 987 | Location: Nashville | Registered: October 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Everything will work out just fine Tac. Hang in there!!!

Posts: 4043 | Registered: January 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Flying Sergeant
posted Hide Post
I’m sure you’re as pretty as always tac, sweet video! I hope you feel better soon!

Posts: 1673 | Location: Waukesha,WI | Registered: December 19, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post