SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Corvette C8 finally revealed
Page 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Corvette C8 finally revealed Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by trapper189:
quote:
Originally posted by RobC2:

The 83 Corvette was the best, and my personal favorite.

But it only came in white with a light blue interior.

1983 Corvette

Isn't it still at Epcot? It was there before 1984 models came out.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BigSwede:
Until they come up with better battery technology, I consider all hybrid and electric cars terds.

So the LaFerrari, McLaren P1, and Porche 918 are terds? Or the Porsche 919 Hybrid that's breaking track records around the world? Roll Eyes

And it's been rumored the "frunk" is where the electric motors would go for the AWD Hybrid.

Posts: 4130 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My Time is Yours
Picture of davetruong
posted Hide Post
C2 and C8 are my favorites

God, Family, Country.

Posts: 6005 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: October 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leave the gun.
Take the cannoli.
posted Hide Post
Saw the new 2020 C8 at MacMulkin Chevrolet in New Hampshire this morning. Their allocation will be around 1100 and they already sold 500. You had to wait in line to make a deposit. The place was mobbed. Displays set up for all the available seats, wheels, steering wheels, colors, etc. Chevy could have been way more organized. Perhaps they didn’t expect this crowd.

The car is unlike anything I’ve ever seen from an American manufacturer. It really does look like a Ferrari. Interior is gorgeous with one caveat. Your favorite passenger better be a slender wife or girlfriend. It looks very narrow and uncomfortable. The passenger seat is like an economy airline seat. As if it was an afterthought. Definitely a drivers car.

First delivery expected to be January or February

Posts: 6634 | Location: New England | Registered: January 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Your favorite passenger better be a slender wife or girlfriend.

Isn't that the reason you buy one?

Posts: 23244 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leave the gun.
Take the cannoli.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
quote:
Your favorite passenger better be a slender wife or girlfriend.

Isn't that the reason you buy one?

Big Grin

Posts: 6634 | Location: New England | Registered: January 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PD:
Saw the new 2020 C8 at MacMulkin Chevrolet in New Hampshire this morning. Their allocation will be around 1100 and they already sold 500. You had to wait in line to make a deposit. The place was mobbed. Displays set up for all the available seats, wheels, steering wheels, colors, etc. Chevy could have been way more organized. Perhaps they didn’t expect this crowd.

The car is unlike anything I’ve ever seen from an American manufacturer. It really does look like a Ferrari. Interior is gorgeous with one caveat. Your favorite passenger better be a slender wife or girlfriend. It looks very narrow and uncomfortable. The passenger seat is like an economy airline seat. As if it was an afterthought. Definitely a drivers car.

First delivery expected to be January or February

Awesome! My friend saw it in Jersey and said it looks even better in person. I can't wait to see one on the road, which shouldn't take long considering the demand is through the roof. I know a handful of C3, C5, and C6 guys are already listing their cars for sale to buy a C8.

I just pray to God that GM doesn't screw this up with some major engineering flaw that kills its reputation.

Posts: 2690 | Location: Baltimore | Registered: October 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leave the gun.
Take the cannoli.
posted Hide Post
MacMulkin is also dumping the 19s at incredible prices including Z06.

The Constable
posted Hide Post
Here's the best info I have...

Next week on 8/15 the PRICES will be released and theoretically, actually PLACING ORDERS with the FACTORY may start.

It's been reported that September 20th is the last day for production of the C-7. Which amazes me as there are hundreds of them sitting on lots NOW looking very dated. Great time to buy a C-7 Folks.

Production at the Factory of the C-8 is supposed to begin right at the first of the new year. May be earlier.

The consensus of opinion among those IN the biz is that the earliest anyone will see their new C-8 is late February. They will build the first cars, then stockpile them for a few weeks hoping there are no production flaws found. If QC appears OK , they will then get released and shipped.

The Corvette Forum going bonkers looking for anything NEW to post and rave/complain about. NO doubt about it GM has REALLY gotten the attention of every car nut in the world with this one.

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leave the gun.
Take the cannoli.
posted Hide Post
^^^^^
That’s strange because I thought the last 2019 already came off the line and got auctioned off at the famous car auction at Foxwoods. A charity thing. Car went for crazy money.

half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post
This wonder-wagon is being VERY eagerly-awaited over here, even in the UK, where the steering wheel will be on the, uh, less-convenient-for-some side [not me, we always have one each left and right].

However, the elephant in the woodpile [to mix metaphors] is that so far there has been no mention of it coming over here.......hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...

Posts: 11305 | Location: UK, OR, ONT | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leave the gun.
Take the cannoli.
posted Hide Post
Here you go, Tac.
From Car & Driver

Headline: For the First Time, Chevy Corvette Can Be Left- or Right-Hand Drive from the Factory

Link

I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
I wonder what this will do the prices of used C7 Corvettes. Already stated dealers are discounting them but what about ones people already have and want to sell to buy a C8?

Also wonder how this will affect prices on C6, if it will at all. I would still love to get a C6 Z06 with the Z07 package one day.

Posts: 13050 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leave the gun.
Take the cannoli.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Edmond:
I wonder what this will do the prices of used C7 Corvettes. Already stated dealers are discounting them but what about ones people already have and want to sell to buy a C8?

Also wonder how this will affect prices on C6, if it will at all. I would still love to get a C6 Z06 with the Z07 package one day.

Go price shopping. I’d love a 2020 or even a 2019 but I simply can’t afford it right now. Vettes depreciate just like everything else. The newness will wear off and the customer lines will wane. Someone will get tired of their new toy, some will divorce, some will face financial difficulty and deals will be had.

My fully-loaded C5 still looks the same as the day it drove off the dealers lot and is still fun to drive. However, I’m not the one who drove it off the lot. I came across a deal and jumped on it. I’m an old guy who drives like an old guy who purchased a C5 from an old guy. I haven’t gone full-throttle since the test ride.

Edmond, find one you like with low miles in mint condition at a fair price. They’re out there.

thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PD:
^^^^^
That’s strange because I thought the last 2019 already came off the line and got auctioned off at the famous car auction at Foxwoods. A charity thing. Car went for crazy money.

A lot of time those first or last VINS are being auctioned off in advance of production, they just roll an example across the block as auction takes place.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12351 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm why SigForum can't
have nice things
Picture of Thayer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
Welcome to the party, pal." Razz

WOW! The antenna on that thing sucks!

Posts: 9817 | Location: Heart of the Ozarks  | Registered: June 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PD:
Here you go, Tac.
From Car & Driver

Headline: For the First Time, Chevy Corvette Can Be Left- or Right-Hand Drive from the Factory

Link

Many thanks, even though it's a purely pointless wish.

Not sure what they mean by this though -

This move enables factory Corvettes to be sold in wrong-side-of-the-road markets such as the U.K., Japan, and Australia.

'Wrong side', eh?

Population of India versus population of USA says that you is outnumbered by those who'd like it right-hand drive....

Posts: 11305 | Location: UK, OR, ONT | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tacfoley:
'Wrong side', eh?

Population of India versus population of USA says that you is outnumbered by those who'd like it right-hand drive....

But to the 4 or 5 nations that drive on the wrong side of the road are outnumbered by the rest of the world that drives on the correct side of the road.

Posts: 4130 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
JOIN, or DIE
posted Hide Post
Dealership I work at was taking $1,000 deposits on our allotment, selling at $5,000 above sticker. All spoken for within two days. This car is going to be a winner.

Posts: 3569 | Registered: February 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DanH:
quote:
Originally posted by tacfoley:
'Wrong side', eh?

But to the 4 or 5 nations that drive on the wrong side of the road are outnumbered by the rest of the world that drives on the correct side of the road.

No no that's not it at all. They are doing this to deliver the Priority Mail faster. Big Grin

Posts: 9112 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post