SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Corvette C8 finally revealed
Page 1 ... 9 10 11 12
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Corvette C8 finally revealed Login/Join 
Leave the gun.
Take the cannoli.
posted Hide Post
The C8 May look like a Ferrari but it’s not a Ferrari. It’s a production automobile and GM is ramping up for production that will fill all the projected orders. I don’t believe there are many Vette fans who will pay over MSRP. The hype is high but will eventually die down just as it does with every other “special new model.”

The biggest dealers with seperate Corvette departments are charging list at the moment. I’m willing to bet that next year at this time buying a new Vette will be no different than buying a new Chevy pick-up.

Posts: 6634 | Location: New England | Registered: January 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FN in MT:
bigdeal,

You really want to put a negative spin on this don't You?
Not at all. I think the new C8 is incredibly interesting in lieu of what GM has produced in the past, and even at $100k (assuming GM's numbers hold and build quality is good) it would be a very enticing option if one was in the market for a car like this. However, I've personally seen dealerships (at least where I live in Central Florida) absolutely go nuts marking up Shelby Cobras, Ford Raptor trucks, Chevy ZL Camaros, and the like. Paying MSRP generally scores the dealership a very nice profit on anything they sell. I just have a very bad attitude with dealerships that gouge big time on high demand products because they can. Kinda like the guys who gouged on ammo sales a few years back because they could get away with it. I'm very glad you have dealers available to you that appear to be more ethical in their business practices.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
I just read that the C8 8-speed dual clutch transmission allows you to select neutral by pulling both shift paddles simultaneously.

I’m going to try that with my Hyundai Sonata, which also has an 8-speed dual clutch transmission and shift paddles. Smile

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8934 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
First shipment

Posts: 5317 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have heard and read that you can get excellent deals on a new C7 Corvette; since many are just sitting in dealer lots. Anyone getting one of these instead and if so how much were you able to get one for ??? Please let us know. God Bless Smile

"Always legally conceal carry. At the right place and time, one person can make a positive difference."

Posts: 3067 | Location: Sector 001 | Registered: October 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
C8s just arrived at the Chevy dealer near my house. First 20 were pre-sold but they are getting 20 more in the next few months. They look better in-person IMO.

Posts: 2690 | Location: Baltimore | Registered: October 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by VBVAGUY:
I have heard and read that you can get excellent deals on a new C7 Corvette; since many are just sitting in dealer lots. Anyone getting one of these instead and if so how much were you able to get one for ??? Please let us know. God Bless Smile

I toyed with this idea, but even a couple months ago the inventory was pretty well picked over at the major volume dealers and it wasn't worth the pursuit to start hunting around. No chance for a Z06 or LT3, lots of LT1 trim left on the lots some with sketchy colors/combos.

Waiting to see more pics from Swede of smoky burnouts in the lot!

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12402 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have lived the
greatest adventure
Picture of AUTiger89
posted Hide Post
I saw a red one up close this week. What a beautiful car.

Phone's ringing, Dude.

Posts: 6038 | Location: Upstate SC | Registered: April 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
YouTube is absolutely inundated with C8's with people modding the heck out of them and some folks detonating motors and axles in them. Coronavirus keeping production of them down coupled with crazy demand and all these YouTubers do all sorts of things with them, has done wonders for driving the prices up even higher on these cars. When GM can finally get back to full production, they should be able to sell all the C8's they can build.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
I have seen several but just not digging them yet, could be the color/wheel combos not doing it for me. We have two Silver ones right now with, in my opinion, ugly wheels. Suppose to be sold to some NBA dudes

I know I absolutely hate the grey, colors on that car need to be loud

Posts: 5317 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
Journalists I trust say it’s a bit numb, and the motor has little character. Looking forward to the flat plane crank Z06 version and hope they do something about the steering.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12622 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Republican in training
Picture of DonDraper
posted Hide Post
Here's Cleetus McFarland picking up his new C8
https://youtu.be/cGePwY-t0fY

(you might fast forward a bit until he gets to his friends shop with the car)

He had it ceramic coated and upgraded the rear axles from the get go.

--------------------
I like Sigs and HK's, and maybe Glocks

Posts: 2268 | Location: SC | Registered: March 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
lol Just happened to watch that last night. Never been impressed by Corvette looks, but that one is different. I like what she said about the steering wheel, not as annoying as expected.

Posts: 21097 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post