SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Corvette C8 finally revealed
Page 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Corvette C8 finally revealed Login/Join 
half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post
I'm old - if I look hard over my shoulder I can see 70 disappearing fast behind me. But don't rope me in with the 'old fart brigade'.

My fun drive is a Porsche Boxster, and my daily drive is a a M-B AMG-series station wagon.

I'd take one of these new Corvettes in either blue with the off-white interior, or torch red with tan, and be VERY happy.

I figure that a trunk that can hold a couple of bags of golf bats can also hold a bunch of rifles, and while I have no golf bats, I've got nineteen rifles.

Count me in!

Well, in my dreams, anyhow.............

Posts: 11320 | Location: UK, OR, ONT | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AirmanJeff:

It looks like the engineers sacrificed engine compartment accessibility for that huge trunk that will hardly get any use. Oh it can fit two golf bags? Big deal. A trunk half that size could probably do the same. From the pictures it looks like a really big trunk.

That trunk is just the right shape and size for a folded up convertible top.

Posts: 830 | Location: STL | Registered: January 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1gkek:
quote:
Originally posted by AirmanJeff:

It looks like the engineers sacrificed engine compartment accessibility for that huge trunk that will hardly get any use. Oh it can fit two golf bags? Big deal. A trunk half that size could probably do the same. From the pictures it looks like a really big trunk.

That trunk is just the right shape and size for a folded up convertible top.

Uh, it has a removable roof section. Is that good enough?

Posts: 11320 | Location: UK, OR, ONT | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tacfoley

For me, sure. But it seems like a ragtop is coming:

https://www.motor1.com/news/36...nvertible-previewed/

Posts: 830 | Location: STL | Registered: January 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of LimaCharlie
posted Hide Post
Corvettes are the best bargain in new world-class sports cars. I have owned a C3 and a C5. I currently own a 2011 C6 convertible. I buy one used that is two to three years old with low miles for an even better bargain in a world-class sports car. Now that the C8 is out, I am looking for a C7 convertible with low miles. I would never buy a first year new model of any vehicle.

U.S. Army, Retired

Posts: 3725 | Location: Northwest Oregon | Registered: June 12, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
Come on now, the 84 1/2 C4 wasn't that bad.

Posts: 10938 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back in Black
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by trapper189:
Come on now, the 84 1/2 C4 wasn't that bad.

The 83 Corvette was the best, and my personal favorite.

Posts: 1147 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: January 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^
I see what you did there! LOL

The “POLICE"
Their job Is To Save Your Ass,
Not Kiss It

The muzzle end of a .45 pretty much says "go away" in any language - Clint Smith

Posts: 2890 | Location: See der Rabbits, Iowa | Registered: June 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Looks like the I8 convertible

Posts: 23439 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RobC2:

The 83 Corvette was the best, and my personal favorite.

But it only came in white with a light blue interior.

1983 Corvette

Posts: 10938 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
That was the color scheme of my 1986 Mazda RX-7 GXL. Did that 'vette survive the sink hole from some years back?? I knew it was the only one in existence, but can't remember if it survived.

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
It did survive. The 1,000,000th Corvette, also a white C4, was not so lucky.

So when do the road and track tests of the C8 come out?

Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Never saw the point with the T-top. You get the best of both worlds that way.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12630 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
Not a ragtop? A hardtop convertible.

Now I’m interested!!

Love my current hardtop convertible.

https://www.autoblog.com/2019/...ble-roof-spy-photos/

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8020 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
Wasn’t there supposed to be a hybrid all wheel drive version?

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
^^^ I hope not, what a terd. Where would they put the batteries?

Posts: 5318 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leave the gun.
Take the cannoli.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smithnsig:

From what I’ve read it’s supposed to be in the lineup.
1000HP all-wheel drive hybrid.
Hardly a turd.

Posts: 6634 | Location: New England | Registered: January 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PD:
quote:
Originally posted by smithnsig:

From what I’ve read it’s supposed to be in the lineup.
1000HP all-wheel drive hybrid.
Hardly a turd.

Until they come up with better battery technology, I consider all hybrid and electric cars terds.

Posts: 5318 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Prefontaine:
quote:
quote:

Never saw the point with the T-top. You get the best of both worlds that way.

T-Tops or Targa tops for sure. I have zero desire for a rag top.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20821 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
Well.....WHO took the leap of Faith and reserved an allocation.

1. ME

Most likely wont get it until March of 2021 , probably more like June, going to be a long wait.

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post