SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Corvette C8 finally revealed
Page 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Corvette C8 finally revealed Login/Join 
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
This new Stingray is awesome.

A lot of folks like to pound on GM but I will tell you that my 2019 Colorado is the nicest truck I have ever owned and I have owned a bunch over the years. Their new LGZ V-6 engine is amazing. It has more HP and more torque than my 2005 F150 5.4 liter engine did and gives me 23 mpg all day long.

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5040 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Lenos Garage on the C8

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?...aAg&feature=youtu.be

Posts: 23453 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bassamatic:
This new Stingray is awesome.

A lot of folks like to pound on GM but I will tell you that my 2019 Colorado is the nicest truck I have ever owned and I have owned a bunch over the years. Their new LGZ V-6 engine is amazing. It has more HP and more torque than my 2005 F150 5.4 liter engine did and gives me 23 mpg all day long.

Negative. 2005 5.4 Ford V8: 365 ft/lbs torque
2019 Colorado 3.6 V6: 275 ft/lbs torque. Huge difference. Especially the RPM’s where max torque is produced.

And towing is no comparison, etc.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3968 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ducatista
Picture of rainman64
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PowerSurge:

Negative. 2005 5.4 Ford V8: 365 ft/lbs torque
2019 Colorado 3.6 V6: 275 ft/lbs torque. Huge difference. Especially the RPM’s where max torque is produced.

And towing is no comparison, etc.

Ford was also almost a 1000 lbs heavier

Posts: 5028 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: April 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leave the gun.
Take the cannoli.
posted Hide Post
What happened? I came looking for the Corvette thread and it turned into a truck thread.

Posts: 6634 | Location: New England | Registered: January 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
Over on the Corvette forums it's MAYHEM over WHEN they will be available, WHO is selling at MSRP, how quickly can I GET ONE , etc.

Most love the new C8, a few are whining over small issues. Many are looking for answers to questions that only time will give a reply. How easy/difficult will maintenance be in the new ME design? Wheres the oil drain plug at?

Lots of questions.

I'm surprised at the sheer amount of Corvette Faithful putting down one or two thousand dollars with a dealer and actually ORDERING a car , sight unseen, without even sitting in one!

Dealers can pay a fee to GM and have the new C8's at their Dealership , that list seems to be growing. Yet GM doesn't have the list of C8 showings an ywhere on their site. Possibly they have been overwhelmed by the positive response to the new car.

No matter what, LOTS of interest in this new car.

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leave the gun.
Take the cannoli.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FN in MT:
Yet GM doesn't have the list of C8 showings an ywhere on their site. Possibly they have been overwhelmed by the positive response to the new car.

I wrongly assumed that Chevy would have a published schedule for their upcoming road show. Next, I correctly assumed the largest Corvette dealer in New England would make onto the schedule and post it on the dealers website. I reserved a spot and head to New Hampshire in a couple of weeks to check it out.

Posts: 6634 | Location: New England | Registered: January 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
Lenos Garage on the C8

Previously posted, middle of page 5.

Posts: 10940 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

I'm surprised at the sheer amount of Corvette Faithful putting down one or two thousand dollars with a dealer and actually ORDERING a car , sight unseen, without even sitting in one!

I'm actually considering it. I'm definitely not tall, and have no problem fitting in my C6, so doubt the C8 would be much different.

I know the conventional wisdom about not ordering the first year, but have not experienced a bad one. I ordered each generation of Tahoe/Yukon when they were introduced without incident. I've got the feeling that this redesign has undergone some pretty extensive testing to get it right.

Posts: 8955 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
I think their engineering is fine. I have had the 2017 Camro SS for 2+ years now with ZERO issues and I'm running it 0-120 about every entrance onto my I-15 onramp.

I'm SO tempted on a 2020 Corvette. I think I'd take the leap of faith as well.

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The more that I look at the pictures, the more I like it!! Can't wait to see one up close.

Posts: 6618 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
Saw one in town the other day. Awesome looking car. But I'd wait 1 year before buying one. Let them find the bugs and issues.

Posts: 1396 | Registered: August 25, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kramden:
Saw one in town the other day. Awesome looking car. But I'd wait 1 year before buying one. Let them find the bugs and issues.

More than that, in a year or three, all of the guys that had to have the base car now are going to have to have the Z06 and ZR1 and whatever. Folks are going to lose sight of this being the base car (because it's sweet). I bet the used 2020 Stingray market is pretty solid in a year or two.

Posts: 5164 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

How easy/difficult will maintenance be in the new ME design?

From the pictures I have seen, and with the way the engine is tucked down in there and surrounded by huge sections of the frame, a total pain in the ass.

I've wrenched on enough Fieros to know they are a pain too, but that's a small V6 and a very simple design compared to this beast.

It looks like the engineers sacrificed engine compartment accessibility for that huge trunk that will hardly get any use. Oh it can fit two golf bags? Big deal. A trunk half that size could probably do the same. From the pictures it looks like a really big trunk.

They should have done what the Fiero did with its rather large removable sunroof - store it up front when removed. But come to think of it, that may be why the trunk is so big, because that's where the roof panel is stored when removed. Who knows.

I am still trying to figure out where the gas tank was placed. It seems like a massive frame rail (?) runs right through the middle of the car, and I can't imagine they would stuff it between the engine and the cabin, so I am guessing somewhere in the front? Or is it under that section of the frame?

I doubt this car will be easy to fix. Engineers usually don't give two shits about the hassle of repairing and replacing anything.

Posts: 2690 | Location: Baltimore | Registered: October 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
Airman Jeff,

Here's some good info....
https://www.topspeed.com/cars/...ingray-ar186096.html

posted Hide Post
quote:
Airman Jeff,

Here's some good info....
https://www.topspeed.com/cars/...ingray-ar186096.html

Thank you. After reading that I am definitely ready to sell a kidney for this car. Quite the engineering masterpiece.

I think the author hit the nail on the head when he said that this Corvette could invite a younger audience that is sorely lacking in the Corvette ownership group.

edit: I found this from a Car and Driver article "and the C8 is the first production Corvette with dual fuel tanks, riding almost as saddlebags just inboard from the side scoops."

um, interesting location?

https://www.caranddriver.com/n...-engine-photos-info/

Posts: 2690 | Location: Baltimore | Registered: October 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My C7 also has dual fuel tanks. They are behind passengers and suspended on the frame backbone. If I recall correctly, the C 6 also has dual tanks. Someone did not do their homework before penning that article.

The “POLICE"
Their job Is To Save Your Ass,
Not Kiss It

The muzzle end of a .45 pretty much says "go away" in any language - Clint Smith

Posts: 2890 | Location: See der Rabbits, Iowa | Registered: June 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PD:
I correctly assumed the largest Corvette dealer in New England would make onto the schedule and post it on the dealers website. I reserved a spot and head to New Hampshire in a couple of weeks to check it out.

Which NH dealer are you talking about here, and when will the C8 be there? Inquiring minds want to know.... Wink

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8886 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leave the gun.
Take the cannoli.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhracecraft:
quote:
Originally posted by PD:
I correctly assumed the largest Corvette dealer in New England would make onto the schedule and post it on the dealers website. I reserved a spot and head to New Hampshire in a couple of weeks to check it out.

Which NH dealer are you talking about here, and when will the C8 be there? Inquiring minds want to know.... Wink

http://www.macmulkincorvette.com/

Nashua, Aug 7th

Picture of smlsig
posted Hide Post
PD i’m going to be in Nashua the following week. I think i’ll Stop by and see if it’s still there.
Thanks.

------------------
Eddie

Our Founding Fathers were men who understood that the right thing is not necessarily the written thing. -kkina

Posts: 6317 | Location: In transit | Registered: February 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post