SIGforum
Corvette C8 finally revealed

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/320601935/m/2480080954

August 10, 2019, 09:12 AM
FN in MT
Corvette C8 finally revealed
There are a LOT of Dealers selling at MSRP.

I'm still interested exactly WHAT the prices will be on OPTIONS. I fear they will raise the package prices substantially considering the insane interest. We shall see come this next Thursday.

Some options are also termed "For late release". So anyone opting for say Rapid Blue on a bare 1LT car MAY have an early allotment, and be #1 in line at his Dealer. But that car will not get put into production until much later in the build cycle. Heres current info on that:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?...inue=8&v=-y9A5g5YQ0Y

I still feel the earliest we will see any privately owned cars will be February 2020.

And....One of the test mules was involved in a minor accident yesterday. On a sharp curve one of the C8s and an SUV hit each other. Left frt damage to both it appears.
August 12, 2019, 09:17 PM
bigdeal
And you knew somebody would have to be the 'first'. Funny it was a GM engineer. Razz Big Grin

Someone has already crashed a 2020 Chevy C8 Corvette

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter
August 12, 2019, 10:15 PM
Russ59
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
And you knew somebody would have to be the 'first'. Funny it was a GM engineer. Razz Big Grin

I just drove that stretch of highway four weeks ago. It’s an 8 mile climb and it was a blast in my old Civic Si. I can’t imagine how crazy it would be in a new Corvette.

P229
August 13, 2019, 02:43 PM
MattW
quote:
Originally posted by Russ59:
quote:

I just drove that stretch of highway four weeks ago. It’s an 8 mile climb and it was a blast in my old Civic Si. I can’t imagine how crazy it would be in a new Corvette.

Apparently it wasn't too much fun...
August 13, 2019, 02:46 PM
Balzé Halzé
quote:
Originally posted by MattW:
quote:
Originally posted by Russ59:
quote:

Apparently it wasn't too much fun...

Yeah, but if it were a proper manual...

Smile

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle
August 13, 2019, 06:33 PM
Orthogonal
Without more information, such as a video of the accident occurring or a reconstruction thereof, I want to speculate a bit, which is at least entertaining, if of little scientific value.

I note, as is plainly evident to all, that the C8 is facing the wrong way for the traffic lane it is settled in in the photo/video while the other two involved vehicles are yet facing in their presumed direction of travel.

What this may imply is that the C8 was somehow, likely forcefully, rotated around 150 degrees(clockwise) from its original direction of travel, following either a driver action or as a consequence of the collision. Such a rotation is fully consistent with a collision, although not at all yet demonstrated to be so, and the C8 being mid-engine'd with a rather low 2nd moment about its central CG.

As mentioned previously, low 2nd moment autos facilitate or ease the (sought or unsought) rotation of the auto with significantly lesser forces required than autos with higher 2nd moments(as is likely the case with the other two involved front engine'd vehicles). I'm just speculatin', based on a few previous first hand experiences, as well as serious discussions with professional race car designers in long past years, and well understood mechanics/physics. Certainly there are plenty of other rational explanations for the final positioning of this C8 that are deserving of investigation and consideration, but one might not ought be surprised if such orientations become a slightly more familiar sight.
August 13, 2019, 06:48 PM
cparktd
Is that a go pro mount on its roof? Might be some interesting footage.

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.
August 13, 2019, 06:51 PM
Chowser
It could be a camera. I know they hook up all sorts of cameras and sensors to the cars while driving them around.

Not minority enough!
August 15, 2019, 10:17 AM
FN in MT
https://www.chevrolet.com/cont...s/C8_Pricing_PDF.pdf

Here's the new price list. Overall not too bad compared to the C7 prices.
August 15, 2019, 11:07 AM
Pipe Smoker
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
<snip>
Yeah, but if it were a proper manual...

Smile

The days of fully manual transmissions in high performance cars are numbered. Not even found in F1 cars nowadays. I love the 8-speed dual clutch transmission in my Hyundai Sonata. Fully automatic, but with optional manual control.

“Modern formula 1 cars use highly automated sequential gearbox system which allows them to shift seamlessly with ease. The steering wheel on a F1 car has two gear levers, one for the upshift and the other for the downshift alongwith two clutch levers.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/w...ion-system-explained

Serious about crackers
August 15, 2019, 11:14 AM
trapper189
That's nice and all, but I don't drive Formula 1 and last I checked, the C8 doesn't either.
August 15, 2019, 12:46 PM
FN in MT
So many folks here NEVER satisfied with anything it seems. What a way to go through life.
August 15, 2019, 12:49 PM
PD
quote:
Originally posted by FN in MT:
https://www.chevrolet.com/cont...s/C8_Pricing_PDF.pdf

Here's the new price list. Overall not too bad compared to the C7 prices.

Thanks for posting. I knew the price list was due any day now. Just gotta figure out a way to afford this Big Grin

The days of the manual tranny are coming to an end. Some of you have to get over this.
August 15, 2019, 01:06 PM
MNSIG
My "Under 60,000" Corvette pretty quickly went to 85 when I priced out the options I'd want. I still want it!
August 15, 2019, 01:10 PM
bigdeal
quote:
Originally posted by MNSIG:
My "Under 60,000" Corvette pretty quickly went to 85 when I priced out the options I'd want. I still want it!
Wait until the dealer adds to that a nice big dealer markup and you'll likely be in the realm of $100k.

Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter
August 15, 2019, 01:46 PM
FN in MT
FWIW...There are probably more dealers at MSRP than those gouging with ADP.

I intend to order a 2LT, blade Silver, Natural interior, red brake calipers; $68,885

Or basically the same save for the addition of Z51 Perf package, front end lift and Mag Ride; $76,080

Either one would be a hell of a car for the money...especially compared to Toyots Supra, GT500, and of course the expensive exotics.

I wonder how many, after seeing the prices will cancel plans to go C8?
August 15, 2019, 01:54 PM
MNSIG
^^^^^^

The high markup dealers are being called out and blasted on the Corvette forums.
August 15, 2019, 02:59 PM
bigdeal
quote:
Originally posted by MNSIG:
^^^^^^

The high markup dealers are being called out and blasted on the Corvette forums.
And I doubt that will change a thing given the crazy demand and limited supply of these cars. They're going to be expensive any way you cut it.

August 15, 2019, 03:11 PM
FN in MT
bigdeal,

You really want to put a negative spin on this don't You?

MANY dealers are at MSRP. I had NO issues, easily finding SEVERAL dealers who were upfront with MSRP pricing and any additional fee's like Doc fee or other add ons.

Yes there is a big demand now but the Plant is also upgraded with a 2nd shift. They can produce these quicker than previously. The paint shop is upgraded as well.

No , ragging on gouging dealers on a forum may not do much. But unless a guy is a fool, there's no need to resort to excessive ADP pricing.
August 15, 2019, 03:14 PM
a1abdj
quote:

Over on the dealer forums they are calling out and blasting cheap wannabe Corvette owners. Many are suggesting they order one off Amazon if they don't want to buy from a dealership. Wink

www.zykansafe.com