SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Anyone Heard of Dwolla?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone Heard of Dwolla? Login/Join 
Picture of wingspar
posted
Has anyone ever heard of or used Dwolla? I was told I had to sign up there to get money I earned on another site that is closing down. (It was a photography site). I’ve never heard of Dwolla and am very skeptical of signing up for something and giving out my bank account number to an unknown site. I’ve searched on Google, and it seems to be a legit company, but I need to know more.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: wingspar,

---------------
Gary
Will Fly for Food... and more Ammo
Mosquito Lubrication Video

If Guns Cause Crime, Mine Are Defective.... Ted Nugent

Posts: 2505 | Location: Oregon | Registered: January 15, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
quote:
am very skeptical of signing up for something and giving out my bank account number to an unknown site.

is this a trick post?

**************~~~~~~~~~~
"I've been on this rock too long to bother with these liars any more."
~SIGforum advisor~
"When the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of change, then change will come."~~sigmonkey

Posts: 9849 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
All kinds of information about it on the google...

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wingspar
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by signewt:
quote:
am very skeptical of signing up for something and giving out my bank account number to an unknown site.

is this a trick post?

Of course not. Google it. You sound like someone who reads the title of a post and replies without reading it.

quote:
Originally posted by RAMIUS:

If you read my OP you would have read that I Have Done That Already! I want feedback from those that have used it.

---------------
Gary

Posts: 2505 | Location: Oregon | Registered: January 15, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wingspar:
quote:
Originally posted by signewt:
quote:

is this a trick post?

Of course not. Google it. You sound like someone who reads the title of a post and replies without reading it.

quote:

If you read my OP you would have read that I Have Done That Already! I want feedback from those that have used it.

Lotsa reviews on the google.

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
I think he robbed a convenience store...

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43810 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They are a legit company. A home grown IOWA tech company! (Yes, we have tech companies in the midwest) They are set up with polkcounty.gov and I have the option to use them to pay my real estate taxes online. I doubt that Iowa counties would be set up with them of they were not legit.

That said, i wouldnt give them my bank info either. Best thing to do is just set up a separate account with your bank to receive the money.

Posts: 581 | Registered: September 30, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wingspar
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ranger312:
They are a legit company. A home grown IOWA tech company! (Yes, we have tech companies in the midwest) They are set up with polkcounty.gov and I have the option to use them to pay my real estate taxes online. I doubt that Iowa counties would be set up with them of they were not legit.

That said, i wouldnt give them my bank info either. Best thing to do is just set up a separate account with your bank to receive the money.

The problem with that is the photography place that owes me money says going thru Dwalla is the Only way I can get my money.

Thanks for that info. I’m looking for feedback from SF users. The reason I started this thread.

---------------
Gary

It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
I probably actually use it twice per month. It’s good to go. It’s just their preferred method of transferring funds.

Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:

Naw, he would be D'walla

Posts: 23241 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Has anyone ever heard of or used Dwalla?

Dwolla, with an "o", perhaps?

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
quote:

The Festival of Lights celebrated by Hindus, Buddhists, Jains and Sikhs? Sure, it was a question on Jeopardy two days ago.

Posts: 10821 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wingspar
posted Hide Post
quote:
I probably actually use it twice per month. It’s good to go. It’s just their preferred method of transferring funds.

Thank you.

---------------
Gary

Picture of wingspar
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
quote:

Dwolla, with an "o", perhaps?

Had to look at my email from the photography place, and yes it would be Dwolla. I fixed my OP. Thanks. Smile

---------------
Gary

Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Before sharing anything of a sensitive nature with Dwolla, type "Dwolla security" (w/o the quotes) into your favorite search engine.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wingspar
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
Before sharing anything of a sensitive nature with Dwolla, type "Dwolla security" (w/o the quotes) into your favorite search engine.

That lead me to the BBB site. Plenty of complaints about Dwolla, tho most are old but some as recent as 3 months ago. A total of 17 complaints with the BBB out of 650,000 customers doesn’t seem like much. Still, I’ve never shared my bank account with anyone, and I don’t feel like starting now.

I did open an account there following instructions from the photography site, but stopped when they wanted my bank account number. I tried to find a way to delete my account, and could not find a way to do it. The photography site says there is no other way to get me my money. Guess I need to sleep on this before corresponding with the photography company.

---------------
Gary

half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:

Nope, that was LaDwolla.

tac

Posts: 11305 | Location: UK, OR, ONT | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post