SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What Was Your Breakfast Today?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What Was Your Breakfast Today? Login/Join 
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
I really have no clue what steel cut oatmeal is.

See the difference?

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16208 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
legendary_lawman
Picture of prairieviper
posted Hide Post
A whey protein drink.

"In God We Trust"

Posts: 1992 | Location: Central USA - Cornfields & Cows | Registered: May 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live for today.
Tomorrow will
cost more
Picture of motor59
posted Hide Post
Sesame bagel with a shmear, and a large coffee w/ half-n-half.

suaviter in modo, fortiter in re

Posts: 3142 | Location: Exit 7 NJ | Registered: March 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
I really have no clue what steel cut oatmeal is.
bald1 posted a photo.

There is a YUUGE difference in taste. The steel cut oatmeal has a much more robust flavor. It also takes longer to cook. Some people soak it overnight before cooking, some do it in a crockpot on low overnight, or you can use a rice cooker, as I do. Some rice cookers have an "oatmeal" setting; mine does not, so I use the brown rice setting, and set the timer to start cooking about an hour or so before I wake up. Cook and shift to "hold warm."

My wife likes hers with sweetner. Some add fruit, blue berries, banana, etc. I prefer mine with butter, a touch of salt, and if it's too thick I blend in some half & half.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30659 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
I had left over pizza today.

Posts: 13680 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
I've got an egg salad sandwich I made last night that I'm going to get into soon.

Posts: 17122 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Two farm fresh eggs scrambled. One sausage link. English muffin with huckleberry jam. Milk and coffee.

Posts: 13255 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
Girl Scout Thin Mint cookies. Big Grin

Posts: 13109 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of msfzoe
posted Hide Post
Jeff Yarchin:
email your address and I'll send you some steel cut oats.
Mark

Posts: 2422 | Location: newyorkistan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post
Thanks Mark, I have them but it's not on my diet.

Posts: 12920 | Registered: June 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Large bowl of shredded wheat, nonfat milk, small cup of coffee, black.

Officers lives matter!

Posts: 3265 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: February 12, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post