SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    How do you sleep?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How do you sleep? Login/Join 
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
Like a log. Smile

Wish the wife wasn’t such a light sleeper. I’d prefer the cold air from an open window or two, but when the song dogs crank up she’s startled wide awake and not happy about it.

Unless the wind or the coyotes are howling, it is normally pretty quiet. Sometimes in summer it gets hot enough to make ceiling fans necessary, and every once in a while we get rain on the roof, but other than one of those my snoring is probably the loudest thing going on. Smile

Posts: 6914 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
I have tinnitus. If I don't have a documentary or lecture streaming I can't sleep.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29682 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 0-0:
Our TV evolves around the TNT Series channel playing the CSI franchises over and over most of the day.
So basically, we can sleep through Roger Daltrey´s screams with little trouble. We are slightly annoyed by the CSI Miami intro and almost hate Horatio Caine with passion but otherwise I´ve been a huge fan of the Who in younger days. We won´t get fooled again, Baba O´riley and Who are you? are my sleeping lullabys Big Grin

0-0
I do the same thing, but with me it's the NCIS shows (all 3) and the Stargates. My TV is never turned off.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
In the summer our bedroom fan is always on and that is about it for me as far as any noise goes.

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5035 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
I like a little background noise and not completely dark, the latter so I can find my way to the bathroom more easily.

Posts: 27925 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Velvet Voicebox
posted Hide Post
CPAP machine,fan,2 dogs who snore like a grown man. I sleep like a baby even when I have to get up to pee.

"All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope."

--Sir Winston Churchill

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

--James Earl Jones

Posts: 7655 | Location: KCMO | Registered: August 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not sure why but the wifey and I always put on a 1960s comedy show. Usually Andy Griffith. I know, very weird?

Posts: 7546 | Registered: October 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
I like complete silence and complete darkness the best.

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16509 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
So let it be written,
so let it be done...
Picture of Dzozer
posted Hide Post
With my eyes closed?

Big Grin

'Live long and prosper'

Posts: 3921 | Location: The Prairie | Registered: April 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
quote:
Gripping your pillow tight?

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
No my loaded pistola.

And that went right over your head...

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20810 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

I've slept with a fan for 50 years now. I've come to like the Air King brand, good motors, well built. I have several besides the sleeper, including a ceiling mounted 30" in the garage.

When in doubt, mumble

Posts: 10782 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:
I have tinnitus.

Me too. I guess that’s the white noise I have in our bedroom Wink

Posts: 13231 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The loudest one in the room is the weakest one in the room
Picture of Rigby470
posted Hide Post
Ceiling fan on low--for light noise and keeping air circulating. A/C set on 71.

========================

NRA Basic Pistol Instructor
NRA Home Firearm Safety Instructor
NRA Range Officer
NRA Life Member

Arkansas Concealed Carry Instructor #13-943

Posts: 1103 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of redleg2/9
posted Hide Post
Last night I slept like a baby - cried all night long.

“Leave the Artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot. . .”
– Napoleon Bonaparte

http://poundsstudio.com/

Posts: 2273 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: January 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Experienced Slacker
posted Hide Post
White noise app until the heat of summer mandates a fan.
regarding the app, I prefer the amazon (as in the rain forest area) setting.

Posts: 7495 | Registered: May 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
King Nothing
Picture of SigSauerP226
posted Hide Post
I chose complete silence as that is my acceptable way to sleep with my wife. She likes the TV on without the noise which is the opposite of what I prefer. I like quiet noise (music) and no light, but she can't sleep with noise and likes a little bit of light. So usually once she is asleep I turn off the tv and sleep in complete silence.

...Then it comes to be that the soothing light at the end of your tunnel, is just a freight train coming your way...

Posts: 2440 | Location: Simi Valley, CA | Registered: September 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jim Shugart:
I couldn't find 'Poodle snoring' on you list. Smile

Nor Rottweiler snoring in conjunction with wife.

Beware of a man whose only pistol is a 1911, he's probably very good with it.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
I run the fan on the central air as white noise to cover up the sounds of the train horns, gaggles of tourists on loud pipe Harleys, hotrod enthusiasts, ambulance sirens, and semi trucks running through town a couple blocks away. And the loud music from the beer joint nearby.

Jerkwater is a hoppin place.

Posts: 26892 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post
AC, 2 fans, CPAP & a cat.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 16120 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
quote:
Gripping your pillow tight?

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
No my loaded pistola.

And that went right over your head...

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Not a Virginia Tech fan.

Posts: 17222 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post