SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Sooo, are all pregnant women this emotional?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sooo, are all pregnant women this emotional? Login/Join 
Grandiosity is a sign
of mental illness
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by k5blazer:
Yup. They don't come with a manual and you can't return them. Lot of time spent watching them sleep and wondering what to do next.

Getting to watch them sleep is the first installment of your reward. Enjoy it.

Posts: 2453 | Location: MO | Registered: March 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eye on the
Silver Lining
posted Hide Post
No.
Tell her you love her and find a moment to tell her how beautiful she is to you. Every day.
Everything is changing on her. And she's got to house and feed another being for ~nine months. It's uncomfortable, and she's watching her body change from what she knew to something she doesn't. Wait til the babe quickens, lol. I'm pretty sure I popped a few ribs, had heartburn every damn day when I never used to. Ended up with a rash the doc refused to treat for the last few weeks(for the health of the baby. I thought I'd tear my skin off). Pulled muscles in my back when I've never had trouble before. Then found out my scheduled c-section was put off because his lungs hadn't developed enough. I was furious. And then I was terrified, because I realized he was so much safer in me than out (no better NICU than your own bod). Be supportive and as loving as you can. She shouldn't feel alone with this (and whether you're right there or not, it can happen).
And don't forget to watch carefully after the babe is born. Post partum depresssion is a real thing, and with her hormones askew, be ready to assist. It can be a roller coaster! Congrats and best of luck!

"Trust, but verify."

Posts: 5319 | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sgalczyn
posted Hide Post
Live it brother.....

https://scotchwhisky.com/

"No matter where you go - there you are"

Posts: 4577 | Location: Eastern PA-Berks/Lehigh Valley | Registered: January 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post