SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Sooo, are all pregnant women this emotional?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sooo, are all pregnant women this emotional? Login/Join 
No Comment
posted Hide Post
No matter what you do it will be wrong. So go buy a new gun at least one of you will be happy. Roll Eyes

Posts: 35 | Location: Springfield MO | Registered: January 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 229DAK
posted Hide Post
Invest in pickles and ice cream.

Posts: 9041 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cparktd:
My wife got even more horny than normal when she was pregnant. I hear it's not uncommon, maybe you'll get lucky that way. Or not...

This only happened once out of my wife's five pregnancies. Don't take it for granted if it happens Wink

"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson

"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is that good men have insurance." JALLEN

Posts: 961 | Location: Shadow of St. Helens | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Smarter than the
average bear
posted Hide Post
quote:
Sooo, are all pregnant women this emotional?

Not all, but always treat every gun as if its loaded!

Posts: 3435 | Location: Baton Rouge, Louisiana | Registered: June 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I tried to get to as many Dr's appointments as I could.

Even wearing a vest and armed, I felt unsafe in a room full of pregnant women.

They looked at me like "Which limb are we going to rip off and beat him with."

Posts: 7019 | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I got lucky my wife had zero changes with all three of ours. No cravings, no morning sickness, no mood swings, nothing. She even worked until she was at 6cm and no one at her work knew she was in labor. Dang trooper she is.

Good luck, congrats!

Posts: 79 | Registered: February 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
6 weeks in? LOL!

Wait until about 6 days before your due date! You ain't seen nothing yet. Eek

Posts: 33808 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Fusternc
posted Hide Post
Very normal. Hang on tight and think very carefully before you say ANYTHING!

Posts: 1373 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
sick puppy
posted Hide Post
My wife suffers from hyper emesis gravaderum the whole 9 months with her pregnancies. Severe morning sickness near to the point of needing hospitalization for fluids. Antinauseas worked some of the time. So other than always being hungry and never being able to eat, she was okay with mood stuffs. More just depressed than ever angry or anything.

Good luck.

Posts: 7546 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
quote:
Originally posted by RAMIUS:
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
Smile

Oh God. What's that mean??

The creature that is replacing your wife is important, but temporary.

So much good advise from you guys. I'm feeling better already!

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stoney180:
No matter what you do it will be wrong. So go buy a new gun at least one of you will be happy. Roll Eyes

Yes! I'm about to get a P320 and a few lowers.

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fusternc:
Very normal. Hang on tight and think very carefully before you say ANYTHING!

I'm learning this is THE MOST important thing now.

Picture of 10-7 leo
posted Hide Post
Around the 8th month, nothing will be satisfactory. Ready to kill anything and everything.

This is just a precursor to the real show in 30 years. That show lasts years!

Sic Semper Tyrannis
If you beat your swords into plowshares, you will become farmers for those who didn't!
Political Correctness is fascism pretending to be Manners-George Carlin

Posts: 2038 | Location: Central FL | Registered: September 03, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
We only have one kid. A girl who is rapidly approaching 60 years old.

Decided to stop at 1 because we were in the army and being shipped/transferred all over.

Have to admit that we/she never got moody, nasty , etc. Had a pretty easy pregnancy, birth and having a baby girl around. Never had any problems when that baby girl grew up.

Good luck to the OP and his wife and oncoming baby.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25643 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 10-7 leo:

This is just a precursor to the real show in 30 years. That show lasts years!

So my buddy's wife was going thru the change, aka blue rage. He had 2 daughters, late teens. And on a normal calm evening his wife explodes into screaming. They'd all seen it before. This time the oldest daughter, while getting screamed at, got up, picked up her purse and keys and walked out the front door! The wife following, standing on the front porch yelling all manner of impolite things. About an hour later the daughter returns, all was normal as it gets.

A few days later, it starts over again. This cycle the younger daughter followed her out the door. More screaming. So a few days pass and it starts over. Everyone gets up and walks out.

Girls didn't realize dad was along. He got in the back seat, telling them he was never going to take that again. They understood. They got home a couple of hours later. The rage hadn't gone away completely. She yelled some, then they broke it to her. She needed to go to a doctor and get happy pills. If she didn't, she was moving out because it would be easier for her to move than for all 3 of them. She had no idea that she was unreasonable. So then they showed her the video of one of her episodes. She tried to deny it was her, or that she'd gone crazy.

For the OP here...don't do it. Take a video of her whilst she's acting out. It won't go good for you if caught, or when you try to use reason and show it to her. Death won't come quickly or painlessly.

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18388 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rburg:
For the OP here...don't do it. Take a video of her whilst she's acting out. It won't go good for you if caught, or when you try to use reason and show it to her. Death won't come quickly or painlessly.

The objective is not to confront a pregnant woman with incontrovertible proof that she's being unreasonable, it's to help make sure momma and baby survive the pregnanacy. The one pretty much just doesn't jibe with the other. If you're far enough down the timeline that you're quicker to reminisce about snarky shit guys have had to do to survive their wive's menopause rather than pregnancy, maybe pump the brakes with the "advice" lol. I mean, the objective is to help our fellow forum member, yes? Smile

Posts: 17129 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My best advice, keep her fed and keep snacks in your car just in case. Pregnant hangry is a beast you don't want to go up against. Best of luck!

Posts: 3118 | Location: Germantown, TN | Registered: June 28, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hunter62:
My best advice, keep her fed and keep snacks in your car just in case. Pregnant hangry is a beast you don't want to go up against. Best of luck!

Thanks! Man she hungry!

Picture of cjevans
posted Hide Post
... you've got a shed in the yard, you know, just in case a quiet withdrawal is required?

Remember, if you reply to a question from SWMBO that in turn illicits a 'What?" SWMBO response, you have been given an opportunity to rephrase your answer.

+1 with hunter.

Snacks. Everywhere. Anytime.

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~ Benjamin Franklin.

"If anyone in this country doesn't minimise their tax, they want their head read, because as a government, you are not spending it that well, that we should be donating extra...:
Kerry Packer

SIGForum: the island of reality in an ocean of diarrhoea.

Posts: 1886 | Location: Altona Beach | Registered: February 20, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
Let us know how things are going in about six months. Best advice we got about 8 months in, when it seemed to last forever:
"That baby will never be as easy to take care of as it is now."
Big Grin

Posts: 18068 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post