SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Sooo, are all pregnant women this emotional?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sooo, are all pregnant women this emotional? Login/Join 
Grandiosity is a sign
of mental illness
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by XLT:
Tell her not to eat to much and put on excess weight Big Grin Big Grin sleep all you can all you can trust me, it will be years before you make it thru the night. Wink

The sleep is important. Get it now, while you can.

I have a 6 and an 8 year old. The sleep deprivation years are past but recent enough that I remember them well. (Still have the odd barely-slept night when one of them is sick, but that hardly counts.)

Posts: 2453 | Location: MO | Registered: March 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JSB3
posted Hide Post
I must have lucked out.
My wife had a dream pregnancy.
No weird mood swings, food cravings, sickness, nothing.
Good Luck.
Nothing more exciting and scary than the feeling of the nurse handing you a perfectly blanketed baby, saying congratulations Dad, and walking away.
You realize at that moment, oh shit, there is no manual with this thing.

Blaming the crime on the gun, is like blaming a bad story on the pencil.

Posts: 1068 | Location: Saint Charles Missouri | Registered: November 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Grandiosity is a sign
of mental illness
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JSB3:
I must have lucked out.
Good Luck.
Nothing more exciting and scary than the feeling of the nurse handing you a perfectly blanketed baby, saying congratulations Dad, and walking away.

That 'no manual' thing is for real. The first few weeks after our first was born were nonstop mortal terror, from the combination of the overwhelming responsibility and not knowing what to do.

If you have family or friends with child rearing experience, talk to them. Ask questions. Listen. The only family and friends we had nearby were all childless so no help/experience/advice there. Ugh.

Posts: 2453 | Location: MO | Registered: March 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JSB3:
I must have lucked out.
Good Luck.

Mine too. Though she had a pretty rough delivery so I guess it was a trade off.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30401 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cogito Ergo Sum
posted Hide Post
Yup. They don't come with a manual and you can't return them. Lot of time spent watching them sleep and wondering what to do next.

Posts: 5694 | Registered: August 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RAMIUS:
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
Smile

Oh God. What's that mean??

Run Forrest, run.

Posts: 7017 | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Wife is pregnant with our first...only a month and a half in.

Normally, she's a very chill, beautiful, relaxed person. Now she's like Godzilla on steroids.

She's got a hair trigger and gets set off with the slightest thing.

I'm. So. Scared.

Hahahaha. It could get worse or it could get better. Time will tell.
Hopefully after your child is born, she isn't the hormonal, crying mess that some are. Whoops, I'm spoiling the fun.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mrs. was preggers and a charge nurse in the ER.

A patient was being a pain in the ass and she grabbed a long needle.

"I'm pregnant and not in a good mood. Sit you ass down, shut the hell up or I will use this on you."

Guess he was a model citizen after that.

Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
DO NOT

1- ask them how long they will be throwing up in the morning, even if you only have a 1 bathroom house and are starting to be very late for work and need to get ready and you have been supportive and very delicate through 8 months of morning sickness... (Some women get lucky and have it the WHOLE time)

2- when she is very far along, do not ever complain about being uncomfortable or being in an uncomfortable chair, etc. Especially if it's a crappy hospital chair after a few hours of labor...

3- stop to get yourself some McDonald's on your way to the delivery because "it could be a while before I get to eat again" This also counts when it's a scheduled C section and she isn't in actual labor or anything

4- be prepared to love that kid more than you could ever understand, and be prepared to understand your parents more than you thought possible. and yes all of the jokes are true, you won't recognize your parents when they go into grandparent mode, it's half hilarious and half shocking.

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10722 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Be prepared to stop at the bathroom every 100 yards.

If she says "You know what sounds good to eat?" Immediately find the place that serves that food. Lights and sirens on.

Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by k5blazer:
Yup. They don't come with a manual and you can't return them. Lot of time spent watching them sleep and wondering what to do next.

The baby or the wife?

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10722 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Facts are stubborn things
Picture of armedprof
posted Hide Post
Just don't comment about how much toilet paper she uses...

Do, Or do not. There is no try.

Posts: 1786 | Location: Just South of Charlotte, NC | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Everyone has a story. None of them the same. Everyone will have some different experience. Remain calm and roll with it, billions of Dads have so you can too.

--
I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.

JALLEN 10/18/18
https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...610094844#7610094844

Posts: 2363 | Location: Roswell, GA | Registered: March 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Ohh my God the pregnancy vest thing!!!!!

I leaned over and VERY quietly whispered to the guy next to me. "Geez no big deal I thought this would be way heavier."

Important lesson. Pregnant women have the hearing of an exceptional bat. I know this because 14 angry pregnant women looked at me like I was the "Star" in a Lifetime movie. I swear I heard one of them say "get a rope!"

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7675 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
She's got a hair trigger and gets set off with the slightest thing.
I joke with my wife that the nine months she was pregnant was the most normal, enjoyable, period of her life. My advise, don't do this.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
...Though she had a pretty rough delivery so I guess it was a trade off.

I had a couple sisters. One called me at work to describe the other's experience delivering her first kid: "...and she finally delivered after 36 hours' labor!!!"

I said, "So, they screwed it in too tight?"

Posts: 9145 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bone 4 Tuna
Picture of jjkroll32
posted Hide Post
Don't forget about the increased propensity towards forgetfulness and rapidly switching tasks, and loss of focus.

NRA Life Member

Long Live the Super Thirty-Eight

Posts: 11144 | Location: Mid-Michigan | Registered: October 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cslinger:
Ohh my God the pregnancy vest thing!!!!!

I leaned over and VERY quietly whispered to the guy next to me. "Geez no big deal I thought this would be way heavier."

Important lesson. Pregnant women have the hearing of an exceptional bat. I know this because 14 angry pregnant women looked at me like I was the "Star" in a Lifetime movie. I swear I heard one of them say "get a rope!"

My wife asked me if I was willing to wear one when she was preggo. I responded that I'd be willing to sign on if she'd be willing to shove a potato slicer up her rectum when I got prostate surgery later in life. For whatever reason, she couldn't see a reasonable correlation. Go figure.

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6389 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Remember - It's all your fault and it always will be.

Now man up and begin your journey.

Big Grin

Posts: 1349 | Location: WI | Registered: July 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
Smile

Oh God. What's that mean??

I see many other, more experienced husbands and fathers have had a chance to explain it for me. But I'll add my own special qualifier story anyhow.

The short version is, my wife was on the happy end of the emotional scale. But she also developed an extremely sensitive nose. There was a night she sent me out to get Dairy Queen (the one thing she craved while pregnant was a Blizzard), and when I returned with it and she got down to business, I... uh... inadvertently passed some gas. In the next room. I didn't think it was all that bad. In truth, it was about a 3.5 out of ten on the scale of what I'm capable of. But it was more than enough to make her physically sick to her stomach, go heave what little she had eaten, and then cry about it. I tried to apologize and offered whatever I could think to make it better, but the one time I cracked with a suppressed giggle, she uh, kinda lost it. I don't even remember what all she raved about, it was completely beyond either of our control at that point.

The creature that is replacing your wife is important, but temporary.

Posts: 17114 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post