SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Sooo, are all pregnant women this emotional?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sooo, are all pregnant women this emotional? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Copefree:

I should add that I love my wife dearly.

She told you to say that, didn't she? Eek

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9127 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
I'd say work lots of overtime, but she'll get pissed about that, too. You can't win, brother...embrace the suck. Big Grin

Honestly, my wife had a rough time with the first, but realized it and was a lot better with the other three. And to her credit, she was miserably sick for the whole 9 months with all 4.

Posts: 8417 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Copefree:
I've got a two year old and a six month old.

You're still in the car on the way to the movie theatre. The previews haven't even started. You're currently experiencing the preview to the previews.

I should add that I love my wife dearly.

Great summation.

Posts: 3580 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
My wife was pretty level with both kids, but then again I have never been able to tell when she had her period either. Her hormones have always been pretty even.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15249 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
As stated YOU AIN'T SEEN NOTHING YET!!!!!!!!

What till she can't sleep and is still pregenant.

Then just wait till the baby arrives and you both are sleep deprived! That is when it gets real!!
Especially if she solely breast feeds and that first few months you can't even really help during the night!!! I am there now as our 3rd just turned 1 month.

Sleep deprivation causes you to do and say some crazy and I mean CRAZY stuff. A lot of it you won't remember and she'll do some crazy stuff that she won't remember.
She'll be so tired you take the baby downstairs to let her get some sleep and when she wakes up she'll start screaming bloody murder because she is so used to the baby being snuggled on her chest yet she is so tired she completely forgot you have it.

I could go on and on! But it is so worth it. Our boys are awesome and watching your wife become the greatest mother on the planet is so cool.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25354 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
With our first my wife was so nauseous that she had a real hard time keeping anything down, so not real emotional. With our second she was just wore out from keeping up with kid number 1 while pregnant. Both were trying times, but we survived.

Posts: 1833 | Location: central Alabama | Registered: July 31, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Edge seeking
Sharp blade!
posted Hide Post
My analysis is this: The demeanor and personality of a woman is different for acquiring a mate than for mothering. Becoming a parent is a life changing event for both parents, but more so for women.

Men's motivations and personality can be altered by making them more serious about providing and responsibility, but their fundamental personality is little altered.

A woman is transformed by becoming a mother, and they usually have some form of an obsession with the care of their offspring. This obsession changes their personality and back burners some previous aspects. My opinion is they lose some of their carefree nature and become more serious, and may smile and laugh less.

Men think of things like budgeting and how to mount the car seat. Women more think of it as the world is out to get their baby and they'll take on all challengers.

Posts: 7437 | Location: Over the hills and far away | Registered: January 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
The woman goes through some discomfort, pain and changes. This simply equates to the man going through 9 months of Hell.

When the ex was pregnant, every day after work. I would consider not stopping and just driving to another town or country or off a bridge. The only thing keeping me in the torture was my responsibility to the child.

Posts: 45331 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RAMIUS:
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
Smile

Oh God. What's that mean??

Month and a half in, he says. Smile

Wait till the real hormone surges kick in. You'll recall these as being the halcyon days. Wink

Posts: 15001 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No, they're not.

I've watched my wife through pregnancy and now into menopause. In neither case did she get crazy. I'm sure she feels it, but realizes what's going on.

It's like that day at work where everyone is getting under your skin. Time to step back and wonder why that might be. They probably didn't ALL turn into a-holes since yesterday.

Posts: 8944 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RAMIUS:
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
Smile

Oh God. What's that mean??

I believe this is an appropriate place for the "I'm not going to say it's aliens, but it's ALIENS!" guy.

Posts: 10823 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post
Bless your heart. Big Grin

Posts: 12915 | Registered: June 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
You

Are

Doooooooooomed

Smile

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11246 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
When she gets really stressed out and acting crazy just tell her she's being irrational and to calm down, it will really help the situation and she will appreciate it.

Wink Eek Big Grin

Here's a list of things NOT to say:
https://www.buzzfeed.com/mikes...xfDEBBngl#.xdObOOGxa

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Edge seeking
Sharp blade!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BamaJeepster:
When she gets really stressed out and acting crazy just tell her she's being irrational and to calm down, it will really help the situation and she will appreciate it.

Wink Eek Big Grin

Here's a list of things NOT to say:
https://www.buzzfeed.com/mikes...xfDEBBngl#.xdObOOGxa

Suggesting if they are cranky or asking if they are cranky works well also

Posts: 7437 | Location: Over the hills and far away | Registered: January 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
Wow, it's not all doom and gloom...

Ok, well yea most of it is but....

My wife got even more horny than normal when she was pregnant. I hear it's not uncommon, maybe you'll get lucky that way. Or not...

And then there is the titty fairy. She will visit one night and Bam! It was too long ago to remember how far along that happened, pretty late in the game IIRC, maybe someone can refresh my memory.

Do not EVER dismiss or downplay her condition, for the rest of your natural life.

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4118 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
For your benefit, a list of subjects not to discuss with your pregnant and grumpy/hair trigger wife:

1) politics
2) women's suffrage
3) molecular physics
4) religion
5) hem length related to fall fashion as a trend
6) weaning techniques for guinea fowl
7) anything having to do with furniture selection or placement
8) art, music, literature, etc, to include current selections of available television channels (including the 42 channels of Messican Jesus on your new antenna, if applicable)
9) taxes
10) cars, mopeds, or other modes of transportation, including maintenance related thereof
11) anything not covered by 1-10 above.

Hope that helps, and have a pleasant day. Just kidding, have a pleasant 2-6 minute window until she finds you again. It'll all be better once you have the screaming, puking, pooping machine in the house that is waaaay more important than you are. But hey, that'll only last 18-20 years, then you're set!

Smile

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6389 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
You've just entered.......the twilight zone.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29607 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cogito Ergo Sum
posted Hide Post
I always enjoyed being shaken awake at 3:00 am and being told it was my fault, that I did this to her. Yes, dear. It got worse when her sisters and mother visited. Yet it was all worth it. My son and daughter are our lives. When my son's wife became pregnant, I told my son to shrug the changes off and just go with the flow.

Posts: 5691 | Registered: August 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
If you go with her to some sort of pregnancy class and are asked to put on the pregnancy vest thing, do not, I repeat, do NOT, proceed to do 20 push ups and say "What's the big deal?"

Posts: 10823 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post