SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    “In God we trust“ motto under protest in Brevard Florida
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

“In God we trust“ motto under protest in Brevard Florida Login/Join 
posted
A group called “Freedom from Religion” is protesting those words on Brevard police cruisers.

“In God we Trust” is the Florida state motto as well as US currency.

The Sheriff has said he will fight any effort to remove the motto.

Reference:Spectrum News 13 Orlando;

https://www.theepochtimes.com/...ruisers_3140285.html

Good for the Sheriff!

No quarter
.308/.223

Posts: 2081 | Location: Central Florida.  | Registered: March 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
Good for that sheriff. The fascist movement is aiming at Christianity as much as it is aiming against conservatism.

Posts: 8602 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Our sheriff here in Hendry county Florida let the deputies decide if they wanted In God We Trust on their cars. Most of them did.

Posts: 4 | Location: Southwest Florida  | Registered: November 01, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
There is an outright attack on Christianity in this country if not the entire world. If someone suggested “In Allahs Name”, or “For the Love of Gaia” leftists wouldn’t care one way or another.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15501 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wrightd
posted Hide Post
If a democrat proposed religious cleansing of christians by outlawing its practice or mention no doubt some in congress would support it.

Lover of the US Constitution
Wile E. Coyote School of DIY Disaster

Posts: 8634 | Location: Nowhere the constitution is not honored | Registered: February 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do the next
right thing
Picture of bobtheelf
posted Hide Post
Coming from an agnostic, the Freedom From Religion foundation can go fuck itself.

Posts: 3655 | Location: Nashville | Registered: July 23, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Isn’t this the group that nut-job Reagan is tied to?

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11052 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
St. Vitus
Dance Instructor
Picture of blueye
posted Hide Post
Heathens.

Posts: 5298 | Location: basement | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post

Crosses and Nativity scenes (creches), for example. And I'm not religious or even particularly spiritual.

Posts: 27834 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
I am proud of our Sheriff.

Posts: 15841 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's good to see Sheriffs like Sheriff Ivey and Sheriff Grady Judd over in Polk County. No nonsense men that know what time it is and are willing to do the hard work that needs to be done to make their respective counties as safe as they possibly can for the people and not bowing down to the misfits in society. Has me toying with the idea of moving down to Florida.

Posts: 5731 | Location: Chicago | Registered: August 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post
I'll just mention the 1st amendment, and leave it at that.

Oh, wait, I forgot to mention the very latest amendment - yet to go through Congress, though.

It's the one that basically states that 'You have a right to feel offended, but it falls short of forcing any other person to change their way of life or force them to act in a conformal manner in response to your feelings'.

Posts: 11305 | Location: UK, OR, ONT | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Asked how the motto’s presence on police cruisers deprives citizens of equal justice under the law, Line said, “When the police are coming to help you and you see right on their vehicle or on their uniforms or wherever they are placing the motto, they are placing this religious promotion over the secular duties of the office.”
One of the all time dumbest comments I've ever read. And this moron attorney is supposedly educated.

Sheriff Ivey is no Grady Judd, but I think he wants to be. Congrats to him for making the right decision in this instance.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Another indicator of “snowflakiness”

Methinks he will not fare well at the Pearly Gates...

quote:
Asked how the motto’s presence on police cruisers deprives citizens of equal justice under the law, Line said, “When the police are coming to help you and you see right on their vehicle or on their uniforms or wherever they are placing the motto, they are placing this religious promotion over the secular duties of the office.”

No quarter
.308/.223

Posts: 2081 | Location: Central Florida.  | Registered: March 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lizardman:
Our sheriff here in Hendry county Florida let the deputies decide if they wanted In God We Trust on their cars. Most of them did.
After re-reading this thread, this comment really bothers me. Is this the sheriff? Sheriff Stephen Whidden

What kinda chicken shit call is that? He runs the department, not the rank and file. As such, it is 'his' decision to make. Pawning it off on the deputies was a real cop out move.

Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Snapping Twig
posted Hide Post
Makes sense. Trump said that in a recent rally.

Anything he says is bad so...

Some broke dick NPC's reacted to Trump's temerity
to invoke God and just can't help themselves.

So...

IN GOD WE TRUST

Deal with it.

Posts: 2831 | Registered: May 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
Coming from an atheist, there are soooo many more productive things these folks could be doing with their time.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17244 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flesheatingvirus:
Coming from an atheist, there are soooo many more productive things these folks could be doing with their time.
Maybe like pursuing self-immolation for the cause.