SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Can't cash out my Kentucky Lottery win because it's too late in the evening.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Can't cash out my Kentucky Lottery win because it's too late in the evening. Login/Join 
7.62mm Crusader
posted
I didn't know it gets shut down after 11:00 PM. How is a guy to feel like a big shot with a win if you can't collect your dough? Looks like I will wait untill morning now. Oh well.

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
$4 will still be $4 in the morning... Big Grin

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43867 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
40 MILLION MAYBE Wink

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19159 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
Well, I mean I spent 6 dollars to win. They got 2 kinds of free plastic scratch off tools and I like them both. One resembles a round guitar pic on a key ring and, the other is a miniature ice scraper. I used the guitar pic scraper tonight as you gotta work a little longer to scratch off the ticket. I suppose were I in a hurry, the little ice scraper scratcher would cut a much wider swath. But who's in a hurry? So I won after 6 tries and they shut it down for the night.

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
I will wire you Western Union this evening $3.00 so you can grab a cup of coffee in the morning if you promise to mail me your ticket Smile

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53165 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
Consider it done nh. Do you have a Speedway gas station near you? I had thought about a karma for this ticket. It cost me 6 dollars to win 1. A win is a win and I'm on a roll... Big Grin

posted Hide Post
And now you turn the 1 into 3. Smile

Posts: 10052 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unknown
Stuntman
Picture of bionic218
posted Hide Post
You do know the lottery is a tax for people who suck at math, right?

Big Grin

Posts: 10740 | Location: missouri | Registered: October 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
I gotta figure in the Forever stamped envelope and the stamp. Does Western Union charge a fee to collect?

7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bionic218:

Big Grin
I do now. LOL

posted Hide Post
But look at the improvements to our kids education and out lower property taxes... not!

P226 9mm CT
Springfield custom 1911 hardball
Glock 21
Les Baer Special Tactical AR-15

Posts: 1126 | Location: Vermont | Registered: March 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Striker in waiting
Picture of BurtonRW
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David Lee:
quote:
Originally posted by bionic218:

Big Grin
I do now. LOL

In college, I decided to try a little experiment (figuring I might win big if I was lucky). I played a few dollars in scratch offs any time I went to the grocery store or gas station and kept careful track of my winnings.

My rate of return was somewhere around 60% (or -40% in traditional ROR terms).

Never did win the "Cash for Life" game, which at $1K/wk. for life wouldn't have been retirement money, but it sure as hell would have made things more comfortable.

Now, I've set my sights on Powerball and MegaMillions. Yessir, the multi-state lotteries are my retirement plan. I prefer Powerball, but I'd take either. And since I'm happy to win the base jackpot ($40M / $15M, respectively), I figure my chances should be better since fewer people are buying tickets at that level. Yep, I've got it all worked out. Big Grin

-Rob

I predict that there will be many suggestions and statements about the law made here, and some of them will be spectacularly wrong. - jhe888

A=A

Posts: 16268 | Location: Maryland, AA Co. | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post