SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    iPhone X — 11/3 Launch Day
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

iPhone X — 11/3 Launch Day Login/Join 
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
Bought a new pair of Sennheiser PXC 550 Bluetooth headphones to accompany to "X" today. Never had this brand, they sound like well made headphones with great noise cancelling and controls on the headphone cups for volume, change music tracks, and answer phone calls. Looking forward to listening thru them..

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
I bought an iPhone X a couple of days ago, after availability improved to the point that I could just walk into an Apple store and buy one. Wonderful phone! What I especially like:
* Large ratio of screen size to phone size – it’s all screen.
* OLED screen – high contrast & color saturation.
* Facial recognition to unlock & Apple Pay – VERY convenient.
* 60 - 70 Mbps download in my home – Sprint network.
* Gestures replace physical home button.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8935 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pipe Smoker:
I bought an iPhone X a couple of days ago, after availability improved to the point that I could just walk into an Apple store and buy one. Wonderful phone! What I especially like:

Are they still currently holding their price tag at 1k?

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
I picked up a 64 gig from Costco. It was $1,000 but gave me a $100 Costco Rebate. Rebate was mail in.

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4223 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stop Talking, Start Doing
posted Hide Post
I’ve had the phone for a couple months now and it’s great. Best iPhone to date, no doubt about it.

Posts: 5071 | Location: The (R)ight side of Washington State | Registered: August 31, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
Many here probably already know this but, since the battery % can be viewed by a quick swipe down from the top of the screen, if you swipe right from the home screen, hit the edit button and you can enable the battery as a widget from the menu, and after that a quick swipe to the right will show the battery % as a widget in much larger numbers/% for those who my be a it far-sided like me Big Grin

Oh, and the camera is fantastic. I downloaded the Halide app for it and it will allow you great adjustments for tweakers, plus allows you to shoot in RAW mode for expanded editing capabilities.

Regards, Will G.

Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by just1tym:
quote:

Yes, ~$1K list for the 64 GB model. As a former Qualcomm employee, I received a small discount.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8935 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of aileron
posted Hide Post
I received one from as supplier as a gift yesterday - it's a 256K Space Gray model. What's the chances this thing will work in the US on Verizon?

Ah, I'm in Taiwan now, so I presume it's Taiwanese market. When I turned it on it said ¡Hola! so it seems correct and not in Chinese. P/N MQAF2TA/A

thanks!

Posts: 1480 | Location: Montana - bear country | Registered: March 20, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post

Posts: 22898 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of aileron
posted Hide Post
My supplier, who is a subcontractor to Foxconn who builds these things, told me the facial recognition feature rarely works on females, as slight changes in make-up fools it. Few Taiwanese women will pony up for the iPX when one of major "features" isn't fully functional for them

Posts: 1480 | Location: Montana - bear country | Registered: March 20, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of FlyingScot
posted Hide Post
My wife and I have had ours since December. We both think it is the best we have had and compares better than the Note8we trialed. No facial recognition issues, but I don’t wear makeup Wink. My wife wears very little but no issues.

“Forigive your enemy, but remember the bastard’s name.”

-Scottish proverb

Posts: 1999 | Location: South Florida | Registered: December 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by aileron:
My supplier, who is a subcontractor to Foxconn who builds these things, told me the facial recognition feature rarely works on females, as slight changes in make-up fools it. Few Taiwanese women will pony up for the iPX when one of major "features" isn't fully functional for them

Kinda surprising, though I don't wear make-up Razz , I have tried it in extremely low light at night time wearing a dark blue hoodie, a baseball cap and sunglasses and it works immediately at activation, no problems whatsoever so far. I could see perhaps Japanese geisha women who traditionally wear what appears to be painted on make up, but not normal applications.

My purchase wasn't heavily weighted on the stuff like the facial recognition but was more interested in the camera features and quality, which I'm very happy with.

Regards, Will G.

Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
I love the easy-on-the-eyes screen of my iPhone X.

And I’m really loving its face recognition feature. To unlock the phone of course, but also to log in to accounts. The excellent MyChart app already had that capability when I bought the phone. More recently my bank, Wells Fargo, implemented it. I expect more apps will soon have it too.

Serious about crackers

If you see me running
try to keep up
Picture of mrvmax
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by just1tym:
quote:

I spent time with AT&T customer retention (or whatever it’s called) complaining about being a long time customer (home and cell) and lack of deals on replacement phones blah blah blah. All the deals were to add new lines. I had to agree to a 2 year contract but I got the X for $549. Still high but more reasonable. The only problem I see is with autocorrect. This phone makes the oddest autocorrect choices and if I don’t proofread I will always have mistakes.

Posts: 4101 | Location: Friendswood Texas | Registered: August 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

I squirreled away money from our income tax refund just so I could purchase the X successor, coming this fall. Last year, I bought the 8+, for my first ever "jumbo" phone. I think I would prefer the X, which is the same physical size as the 8 (not +), because it is all screen. And I generally want to wait a year or so with a bunch of new technology introduced (Face ID, OLED screen, etc). Will wait it out for the Sim free model, then sell the 8+ here. Almost all the reports I am seeing on the current X model are positive.

Posts: 10784 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post