SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    iPhone X — 11/3 Launch Day
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

iPhone X — 11/3 Launch Day Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Hmm, let's see-a X or a Legion? Ok, SE still works. Problem solved.

Posts: 17144 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mark123:
Anyone that's upgrading want to give me a good price on your old 6s or 6s+? ATT SIM card version. Big Grin
Refurbs direct from Apple. 6s Plus, $469.00 for 32 GB memory, $509.00 for 64 GB. Refurbs purchased from Apple are basically indistinguishable from new Apple retail. Same warranty as new.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30663 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
I have no interest in anything bigger than my SE. Might as well carry around my iPad with some of these ridiculously large phones. And $1000? For a phone? I don't think so Tim.

Posts: 20099 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigcrazy7:
Settings -> Battery -> Battery Percentage. Swipe it on.

Is this option no longer available on the X? It's still there in iOS11 on earlier models.

Not on the X, due to space limitations in the top menu area (because of the "notch" in the middle).

Three ways to view battery percentage on the X. Plug it in (or wireless charge) and it shows on the lock screen. Access the Control Center. Ask Siri.

Posts: 10785 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I made it so far,
now I'll go for more
Picture of rbert0005
posted Hide Post
I did it, ordered one today. Should be here by the end of the month.

There will be a 7+ showing up in the classifieds at that time :-)

Bob

I am no expert, but think I am sometimes.

Posts: 4581 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: January 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow.... I feel so out of touch. My 5s is still working!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16087 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
Wow.... I feel so out of touch. My 5s is still working!

You can always do what I did. Put your 5s in the pocket of your swim trunks, do some yard and pool maintenance, go for a swim to cool off.

You'll be buying a new phone the next day, guaranteed.

Posts: 13680 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I made it so far,
now I'll go for more
Picture of rbert0005
posted Hide Post
Rotary phones still work, but no one uses them anymore, get it?

Bob

Posts: 4581 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: January 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rbert0005:
Rotary phones still work, but no one uses them anymore, get it?

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30663 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I made it so far,
now I'll go for more
Picture of rbert0005
posted Hide Post
:-)

CAPT Obvious
Picture of Spiff_P239
posted Hide Post
Had one in hand today. May have to order one in the near future.

Posts: 3519 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
I’m already used to not having the home button

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
Wasn’t really planning to upgrade from my 7+ but went ahead and pulled the trigger. Will be picking it up later today. Got my 7+ free for trading in my 6+ and changing carrier, should be able to sell it for $500 or so which softens the blow some.

Harder to resist when it is available in store for same day pick up!

Interesting that the 64gb model was being quoted as 2-3 weeks for delivery but the 256gb model is readily available if you got a grand to drop on a phone, the extra $150 to quadruple the memory seems like a no brainer to me.

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10937 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mine was delivered last week, 3 weeks early from the preorder estimated date mid dec

So far, I like it.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Live today as if it may be your last and learn today as if you will live forever

Posts: 6226 | Location: New Orleans...outside the levees, fishing in the Rigolets | Registered: October 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
I'm currently evaluating photo editing apps for my "X". Anybody here use Snapped or I found a pretty cool app called Halide, which cost a couple of bucks but has a lot of great in-camera editing stuff? I like the phone though Smile

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Got my 256G last week, but I am waiting for a case before I use it. Using my 6s+ currently while my 7+ that went wonky is being replaced by insurance. In about a week I will have the 6s+ in the classifieds.

"Once abolish the God, and the Government becomes the God." --- G.K. Chesterton

Posts: 3856 | Location: WNY | Registered: April 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Played with my GFs a little bit. Great camera, awesome video. They still have not figured out how to put a back button on these things yet? My phone from 2010 had a back button.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20820 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
Played with my GFs a little bit. Great camera, awesome video. They still have not figured out how to put a back button on these things yet? My phone from 2010 had a back button.

Jesse, are you talking about a physical button on the back of the phone OR a button to return to the previous screen? I know that when Apple Rumors were first posting beta iPhone X's, they did have one plan for a home button located on the back of the phone.

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by just1tym:
quote:

Jesse, are you talking about a physical button on the back of the phone OR a button to return to the previous screen? I know that when Apple Rumors were first posting beta iPhone X's, they did have one plan for a home button located on the back of the phone.

Just being a smartass Apple hater. I have had them for work and that was my biggest gripe. A back button like on internet explorer so you can go to the previous page, last application, previous screen, etc.

For instance on here when I click on someone's provided link I read whatever it is and hit back, it closes that window and returns me to SIGforum. If I click on something from a website that asks me to download an app it takes me to google store (or whatever it's called), I review the app. I can click on reviews read a couple, hit back and it returns me to the download page for app. If I decide I don't want it, hit back one more time and return me to the original web page.

This is one of my biggest reasons I hate the iPhone series, the back button is so useful and a quick way to take you back to what led you somewhere (app, website, link, etc.). There are so many pluses to these phones, they are actually great pieces of tech, but I like my flexibility and back button that I have had for the last 7-8 years using the HTC line.

Got some more video of a match from two weeks back GF shot with her iPhone, between her gimble and the built in stabilization of the iPhone, looks like a pro shot it.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20820 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by just1tym:
quote:

Just being a smartass Apple hater. I have had them for work and that was my biggest gripe. A back button like on internet explorer so you can go to the previous page, last application, previous screen, etc.

For instance on here when I click on someone's provided link I read whatever it is and hit back, it closes that window and returns me to SIGforum. If I click on something from a website that asks me to download an app it takes me to google store (or whatever it's called), I review the app. I can click on reviews read a couple, hit back and it returns me to the download page for app. If I decide I don't want it, hit back one more time and return me to the original web page.

This is one of my biggest reasons I hate the iPhone series, the back button is so useful and a quick way to take you back to what led you somewhere (app, website, link, etc.). There are so many pluses to these phones, they are actually great pieces of tech, but I like my flexibility and back button that I have had for the last 7-8 years using the HTC line.

Got some more video of a match from two weeks back GF shot with her iPhone, between her gimble and the built in stabilization of the iPhone, looks like a pro shot it.

In Safari, swipe right and it goes to the previous page. When you got to a new app from an app, there is a “back” option top left corner to return to previous app. Click on a link in an email it takes you to the web page, upper leg comer is a spot to click that will take you back to email.

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10937 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post