SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    iPhone X — 11/3 Launch Day
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

iPhone X — 11/3 Launch Day Login/Join 
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
I'm an Apple guy, but have yet to hear anything compelling enough to prompt me to move. I'm happy with my SE for now (and the foreseeable future).

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6421 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by italia:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Chowser:
Why do you do this? I'm debating switching back to Android in a year or so, which I used for several years before getting a 7+ a year ago.

I'm strange. I like both systems. I'm still using an old 5S with freedompop's free service to use the aps I bought on Apple.

I was buying a tv for my son's birthday today and looked at the X and 8Plus today. I'm getting the 8 next.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8027 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
LIBERTATEM DEFENDIMUS
Picture of Belgian Blue
posted Hide Post
I had a chance to play with one today at the AT&T store. I really liked it. I think it's finally time for an upgrade. I really don't "need" to upgrade, but I feel like this one has enough going for it to be a worthwhile change from my iPhone 4, which is still running great, other than not being able to run new apps. But I look forward to getting the X when I can.

Posts: 5415 | Registered: October 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
I missed my delivery but I knew I would. Should have it tomorrow

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Copefree:
You jinxed me George!!

It's a gift/\.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12440 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
Face ID blows the finger print out of the water. It’s a great bit of technology. I find it to be extremely fast. Much more convenient to use than the print reader.

My one and only gripe with the phone is the battery indicator. It only shows the stupid battery icon. It doesn’t show the numerical % remaining. To see the actual percent, you have to swipe down the control center...which is dumb.

I found when my battery was running down last night that I was constantly swiping down to check it. If there is only room enough for one, I’d much rather have the numerical % remaining than the worthless battery icon.

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Nah, my 6S+ is still GTG.

Will wait on real X availability and reviews.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
Why the iPhone X?

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stop Talking, Start Doing
posted Hide Post
Went down to FedEx and picked up my iPhone X today.

FaceID = slick!

Really nice. I like the size of the phone, too. Camera is great. Everything is lightning quick. Apple, you'd done good. Again ...

Posts: 5075 | Location: The (R)ight side of Washington State | Registered: August 31, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
For me, these phones are too expensive to upgrade unless I have to. I have a 6S and it is still serving me well so I will hold onto it as long as possible. I do that with everything though, my truck is 15 years old and I won’t replace it until I need to.

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 8668 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
quote:

FaceID = slick!

Really nice. I like the size of the phone, too. Camera is great. Everything is lightning quick. Apple, you'd done good. Again ...

Copefree, I've been scouring YouTube videos watching comparisons between iPhone X's VS the Pixels and many videos show them almost equal. Each phone has strengths with the cameras. I'm mainly interested in the capabilities of the cameras with these smartphones. I'm soon to upgrade from my iPhone 6S and browsing. If you do have some interesting images in the future please post them in the Gallery if you don't mind..would love to see em! Smile

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
So far I like it. The 3D Touch in the browser is giving me trouble not knowing what the things do.

Posts: 17903 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by just1tym:
quote:

FaceID = slick!

Copefree, I've been scouring YouTube videos watching comparisons between iPhone X's VS the Pixels and many videos show them almost equal. Each phone has strengths with the cameras. I'm mainly interested in the capabilities of the cameras with these smartphones. I'm soon to upgrade from my iPhone 6S and browsing. If you do have some interesketing images in the future please post them in the Gallery if you don't mind..would love to see em! Smile

Girlfriend used hers to take some video today. Looks to be pretty good quality, but her iPhone six took good videos/pics too. I'll probably post a video or two at some point since I finished 2nd overall and first limited in today's match. Cool

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20839 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by esdunbar:
Face ID blows the finger print out of the water. It’s a great bit of technology. I find it to be extremely fast. Much more convenient to use than the print reader.

My one and only gripe with the phone is the battery indicator. It only shows the stupid battery icon. It doesn’t show the numerical % remaining. To see the actual percent, you have to swipe down the control center...which is dumb.

I found when my battery was running down last night that I was constantly swiping down to check it. If there is only room enough for one, I’d much rather have the numerical % remaining than the worthless battery icon.

Settings -> Battery -> Battery Percentage. Swipe it on.

Is this option no longer available on the X? It's still there in iOS11 on earlier models.

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8221 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
Girlfriend used hers to take some video today. Looks to be pretty good quality, but her iPhone six took good videos/pics too. I'll probably post a video or two at some point since I finished 2nd overall and first limited in today's match. Cool

Jesse, if she/you happens to snap off any nice images and don't mind, please post some..I'm very interested. I haven't yet shot any video myself on any phone but looking to upgrade my phone and from the You Tube videos I was looking at, the X takes some nice stills and gives you a lot of control over the images to capture some very creative photos!

A main reason to solicit some images is that early this year I sold off all my DSLR gear, mainly because I cannot carry very much around anymore because I'm somewhat health compromised and it takes almost nothing to use a smartphone these days for some good quality images without the extra DSLR baggage. I'd like to upgrade my smartphone to current phones as the camera tech is getting better and better across the board and the various brands all bring some exceptional tech to the table.

Regards, Will G.

Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigcrazy7:
quote:
Originally posted by esdunbar:

Settings -> Battery -> Battery Percentage. Swipe it on.

Is this option no longer available on the X? It's still there in iOS11 on earlier models.

Only when you swipe down the right side.

Posts: 17903 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
Anyone that's upgrading want to give me a good price on your old 6s or 6s+? ATT SIM card version. Big Grin

Posts: 45385 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
You may want to disable the "auto call" setting on the Emergency SOS.

911 operators are not going to be happy.

Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

OLED = decreased life and burn in. Suck it up new users, you will be trading soon. And I intend to wait until that threshold is reached.

Posts: 10790 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mark123:
Anyone that's upgrading want to give me a good price on your old 6s or 6s+? ATT SIM card version. Big Grin
I got one for ya, $750 best price for you, cheap cheap. Big Grin

Seriously, Gazelle has certified 64GB ATT 6S+ for $340-420 depending on color / condition.

https://buy.gazelle.com/buy/us...one-6-plus-64gb-at-t

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post