SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    iPhone X — 11/3 Launch Day
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

iPhone X — 11/3 Launch Day Login/Join 
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
I'm interested. Definitely interested in the camera capabilities and look forward to seeing some images. I've been also reading reviews on the Google Pixel.

For anyone who gets the "X" and snaps off some nice images, please post in the Smartphone thread in the Gallery if you don't mind, would love to hear some reviews too. Likely the "X" is my next buy.

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am definitely interested but decided to go 8+ instead. I was not going to stay up until 3am to try to get one on launch day. Also want to give it a year before I take the plunge. This is Apple’s first phone with zero influence from Steve Jobs so I’m going to give it a minute.

For ME:
DA/SA= Sig 9mm
Striker fired= Glock 9mm
If it's a .45= 1911
Suppressed= HK in .45
I like anything in 10mm

Posts: 1442 | Location: VA | Registered: July 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
My son's 5s battery is tanking. Is there anyone here in the know on price trends for the 6s? Wondering if it's already dropped in anticipation of the X and the shift of all older models to the cheap, or if I should expect a dip in the prices for them soon?

Posts: 11387 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by r0gue:
My son's 5s battery is tanking. Is there anyone here in the know on price trends for the 6s? Wondering if it's already dropped in anticipation of the X and the shift of all older models to the cheap, or if I should expect a dip in the prices for them soon?

The "deals" will be on the 7 and 7+. It was reported that the 8 was made to push out the 7's by Rush )Who is a Huge Apple head)

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8355 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shoots Flies
at Fifty Yards!
Picture of SuhlShooter
posted Hide Post
11/3 for me.

Posts: 3028 | Location: Hit the ground running in Moultrie, GA | Registered: July 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Edmond:
No X for me but if it drops the price of the iPhone 6 then I might get a 6. Big Grin
I feel that! Big Grin

Get the 6s though.

Posts: 45374 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Triggers don't
pull themselves
Picture of mdblanton
posted Hide Post
Mid-December delivery for me as well. Fidgeted a little while before preordering Tuesday.

Will be checking back to read the comments from those of you that receive one tomorrow.

Michael

Posts: 1102 | Location: Petal, MS | Registered: January 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rsd1220
posted Hide Post
I'll pick up the X in Jan/Feb at the ATT store. My 6 is 3 years old in December and it should hold out til then.

__Phase plasma rifle in the 40-watt range__

Posts: 1113 | Location: Pangea | Registered: June 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
Was at phone store today getting another sim card for my son (lost his phone jumping out of a plane) and the guy showed me the boxes of iphone xs in the back. He wasn't allowed to open one and they had no display model. I said meh. I just got my oneplus five this summer and am enjoying it. In two years, I will switch back to Apple and get an 8+. I always switch every two years between Apple and Android. It was Samsung Galaxy, 4S, OnePlus One, 6S, OnePlus 5, 8+? Sounds like it would be next in progression.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8020 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of logrusmaster
posted Hide Post
I picked up an X this morning. Aside from the typical sales crap people tried to force down my throat, pretty easy pleasant experience.

I like it a lot so far. Granted I was ready to throw my 6S out of a moving car...

-------------------------
If not me then who? If not now then when?

Posts: 618 | Location: Earth | Registered: August 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
....I'm still training my iP5.....

**************~~~~~~~~~~
"I've been on this rock too long to bother with these liars any more."
~SIGforum advisor~
"When the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of change, then change will come."~~sigmonkey

Posts: 9854 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peripheral Visionary
Picture of tigereye313
posted Hide Post

Yesss, yessssssss, make the stock price go up.

Posts: 11360 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Normality Contraindicated
Picture of italia
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chowser:
I always switch every two years between Apple and Android. It was Samsung Galaxy, 4S, OnePlus One, 6S, OnePlus 5, 8+? Sounds like it would be next in progression.

Why do you do this? I'm debating switching back to Android in a year or so, which I used for several years before getting a 7+ a year ago.

------------------------------------------------------
Though we choose between reality and madness
It's either sadness or euphoria

Posts: 2988 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: January 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
I'm still happy with my 6S. I may trade up to a 7 if the prices are low enough, just for the increased battery runtime.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tgtshuter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigcrazy7:
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
Read a review from ZDnet and the reviewer said he was disappointed that you have to let it read your face AND swipe your finger to unlock now and the process is not that quick. The on/off button now takes you to the App Store(WTF?) and the process for powering down went from pressing one simple button on the side to pressing one button while simultaneously holding down another.

WTF, Apple.

It is because the power button has taken over many of the home button functions. The second button hold-down was added to prevent accidental shut downs. Besides, it is a rather natural gesture, since pressing two buttons is as simple as squeezing the phone. As little as I ever turn off my phone, I don't see how this is something to complain about. On my iPhone 6, pressing the power button with my thumb requires me to squeeze the phone anyway to keep from dropping the phone.

Much adieu ado about nothing. Like when Apple moved the power button from the top to the side.

As for having to swipe to unlock, would the reviewer rather the phone wake overtime it saw him. Walk by, phone wakes up. To do this, the phone would have to be watching you all the time. Then the privacy and battery life people would be screaming "WTF Apple!!!."

FIFY. Didn't think you were trying to say good-bye Cool

Posts: 711 | Location: SC, USA | Registered: October 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I received notification expected delivery is earlier than predicted by a week this morning 12/1-12/8 instead of 12/11-18

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Live today as if it may be your last and learn today as if you will live forever

Posts: 6226 | Location: New Orleans...outside the levees, fishing in the Rigolets | Registered: October 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I made it so far,
now I'll go for more
Picture of rbert0005
posted Hide Post
I had to got to the store today to put my hands on one.

I will say that there is one in my future.

Bob

I am no expert, but think I am sometimes.

Posts: 4581 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: January 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
I'm still happy with my 6S. I may trade up to a 7 if the prices are low enough, just for the increased battery runtime.

I too have the 6S. When my battery life started to get drained at a fairly fast pace, I purchased the Apple battery case for it. A significant increase in battery life and performance. This case has allowed me to keep the 6S until I'm ready to move to another upgraded phone..like the "X". Though the case will make the 6S a little heavier, the trade off was worth the additional time between charges.

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
quote:
Yesss, yessssssss, make the stock price go up.

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS! Big Grin

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12417 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stop Talking, Start Doing
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Georgeair:
Have they confirmed any level of actual deliveries tomorrow? I've got a number of our owners who have pre-ordered on first day available but aren't optimistic on actual delivery dates after recent press.

You jinxed me George!!

I wrapped up a meeting at 10:30am and quickly went to track my phone.

“Attempted Delivery”

Mad

Son of a BITCH!!!

My wife was home and with the kids and said she didn’t hear anything. The dog didn’t bark either and she always barks at the door. I work from home and didn’t hear anything.

FAAAACKKKK!!!

It’s Apple Day and I don’t even get to revel in it.

The FedEx slip said I could pick the phone up after 6pm tonight but that won’t work. I’ll have to head down there tomorrow morning.

I hope those of you that got it today are enjoying it Frown.

Posts: 5072 | Location: The (R)ight side of Washington State | Registered: August 31, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post