SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    iPhone X — 11/3 Launch Day
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

iPhone X — 11/3 Launch Day Login/Join 
Stop Talking, Start Doing
posted
Who is getting their iPhone X tomorrow? I preordered last week and secured a 256GB model for delivery tomorrow.

I got my case this week and was shocked by how small it is. It’s going to take some getting used to adjusting to a smaller device (coming from an iPhone 7 Plus).

I can’t wait to start messing around with it.

Posts: 5071 | Location: The (R)ight side of Washington State | Registered: August 31, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
Have they confirmed any level of actual deliveries tomorrow? I've got a number of our owners who have pre-ordered on first day available but aren't optimistic on actual delivery dates after recent press.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12402 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ridewv
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Copefree:
Who is getting their iPhone X tomorrow? I preordered last week and secured a 256GB model for delivery tomorrow.

I got my case this week and was shocked by how small it is. It’s going to take some getting used to adjusting to a smaller device (coming from an iPhone 7 Plus).

Think it's about the same size or smaller than a regular iPhone 7? I have a 7 now and really wouldn't be interested in anything larger, preferably smaller if anything.

No car is as much fun to drive, as any motorcycle is to ride.

Posts: 7074 | Location: Northern WV | Registered: January 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Normality Contraindicated
Picture of italia
posted Hide Post
Nope. Hanging on to my 7+. Have already read reports that the face recognition sign-in takes noticeably longer than fingerprint sign-in.

My years of being an early adopter of new models (first year car models, new phone technology ...) are behind me.

------------------------------------------------------
Though we choose between reality and madness
It's either sadness or euphoria

Posts: 2988 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: January 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
7+ for at least one more year.

Posts: 4277 | Location: Peoples Republic of Berkeley | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Georgeair:
Have they confirmed any level of actual deliveries tomorrow? I've got a number of our owners who have pre-ordered on first day available but aren't optimistic on actual delivery dates after recent press.

Mine has been shipped and I have a FedEx tracking number showing a delivery date of tomorrow. Withholding something out of the ordinary, I’ll have it tomorrow.

Posts: 5071 | Location: The (R)ight side of Washington State | Registered: August 31, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
Mine is coming tomorrow too. pretty excited!

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ridewv:
quote:
Originally posted by Copefree:

Think it's about the same size or smaller than a regular iPhone 7? I have a 7 now and really wouldn't be interested in anything larger, preferably smaller if anything.

It’s marginally taller and marginally wider than the IP7 — tenth of an inch wider and two tenths of an inch taller.

Picture of ridewv
posted Hide Post
OK thanks, that's not too bad.

My 7 is working fine for now, may be ready when the iPhone 12 comes out. Big Grin

No car is as much fun to drive, as any motorcycle is to ride.

Posts: 7074 | Location: Northern WV | Registered: January 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Read a review from ZDnet and the reviewer said he was disappointed that you have to let it read your face AND swipe your finger to unlock now and the process is not that quick. The on/off button now takes you to the App Store(WTF?) and the process for powering down went from pressing one simple button on the side to pressing one button while simultaneously holding down another.

WTF, Apple.

Posts: 33768 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had my 7+ stolen... Using a borrowed 6+
Think I'll just go 8+ as I like/need the bigger format (getting old)

Posts: 912 | Location: Tucker, Ga. | Registered: June 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
No X for me but if it drops the price of the iPhone 6 then I might get a 6. Big Grin

Posts: 13093 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’ve got a mid Dec delivery

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Live today as if it may be your last and learn today as if you will live forever

Posts: 6225 | Location: New Orleans...outside the levees, fishing in the Rigolets | Registered: October 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of FlyingScot
posted Hide Post
Nope. Keeping 6s plus until I can check one out in person at the store .... and also make sure any bugs are worked out. Even that, still not fully convinced it is compelling enough for me to switch right now and just wait for next cycle.

“Forigive your enemy, but remember the bastard’s name.”

-Scottish proverb

Posts: 1999 | Location: South Florida | Registered: December 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
Read a review from ZDnet and the reviewer said he was disappointed that you have to let it read your face AND swipe your finger to unlock now and the process is not that quick. The on/off button now takes you to the App Store(WTF?) and the process for powering down went from pressing one simple button on the side to pressing one button while simultaneously holding down another.

WTF, Apple.

It is because the power button has taken over many of the home button functions. The second button hold-down was added to prevent accidental shut downs. Besides, it is a rather natural gesture, since pressing two buttons is as simple as squeezing the phone. As little as I ever turn off my phone, I don't see how this is something to complain about. On my iPhone 6, pressing the power button with my thumb requires me to squeeze the phone anyway to keep from dropping the phone.

Much adieu about nothing. Like when Apple moved the power button from the top to the side.

As for having to swipe to unlock, would the reviewer rather the phone wake overtime it saw him. Walk by, phone wakes up. To do this, the phone would have to be watching you all the time. Then the privacy and battery life people would be screaming "WTF Apple!!!."

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8214 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
I ordered one on the 27th, suppose to be here around Dec. 5 - 11.

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6997 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crossfire fanatic

Picture of mr.sig239
posted Hide Post
I missed the friday delivery but will have one the following week.

phil

Posts: 2383 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: November 03, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
Mine is coming tomorrow. 256 space grey. Already ordered a qi charger and case. I’m hoping Apple releases a smart battery case for it

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dusty78:
Mine is coming tomorrow. 256 space grey. Already ordered a qi charger and case. I’m hoping Apple releases a smart battery case for it

Nice! I forgot to mention I bought a wireless charging mat as well.

Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
I'll buy an iPhone X when I can go into the store and walk out with one. I want to see the frame colors with the phone in my hand before I choose.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8933 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post