SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    It’s snowing!
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

It’s snowing! Login/Join 
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted
We looked outside about 7 pm to let a cat come in, and it was snowing!

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
There you have it. Merry Christmas J.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19186 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
Suppose to get our first snow on Saturday. 1/2-1", so the panic has begun.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36840 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Husband, Father, Aggie,
all around good guy!
Picture of HK Ag
posted Hide Post
Watching what looks like flakes falling in the lights next to us here in Tomball

HK Ag

Posts: 3500 | Location: Tomball, Texas | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
Ha. I checked to make sure there were no posts about this so I posted some pictures, but you beat me to it while I was uploading pictures.

https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...0601935/m/7760092434

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 8668 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
According the life longers, this is the first snow since ‘85.

The one remaining cat from San Diego was dumbfounded.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:
According the life longers, this is the first snow since ‘85.

The one remaining cat from San Diego was dumbfounded.

Austin got 3.6” in 1985 and got 1.6” in 2004, which I was out of state at the time for a conference so I missed it. I remember the snow in 85.

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 8668 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ozarkwoods
posted Hide Post
Yep friends in Bracketville showed snow pics. Guess I will wait until next week to make my way south to the area.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4835 | Location: SWMO | Registered: October 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Take the risk or
lose the chance
posted Hide Post
12 miles from Hays City to the house: Couldn't see the road for the snow. Ten minute trip took a little over an hour. Sure is pretty tho.

----------------------------------------
“The further a society drifts from truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.”

Posts: 1475 | Location: RR12 | Registered: February 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Short. Fat. Bald.
Costanzaesque.

Picture of TexasScrub
posted Hide Post
Back in '85 I was a junior at Trinity in San Antonio. If I remember correctly it was around Valentines day weekend, and a metric buttload of us went to the Refectory and grabbed food trays for tobogganing down the hill near Winn dorm. I'm glad I was there for that, and I'm glad to hear that SA is getting a dusting again!

Enjoy every minute of it because you'll be back in shorts headed to Port A before the month is over.

Posts: 1986 | Location: Victoria, TX | Registered: February 11, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Funny Man
Picture of TXJIM
posted Hide Post
Just got home with my 11 year old from a basketball practice. Snowed on us driving there. When we pulled in to the driveway back at home there was a nice accumulation on the car that had been sitting. I got out and gathered a nice snowball off the hood without him noticing and absolutely smoked him as he rounded the front of the car.....and as they say, that's when the fight started Big Grin we spent about 5 minutes chasing each other around the car gathering snowballs and hurling them while howling and laughing....it was awesome!

Posts: 7093 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: June 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HK Ag:
Watching what looks like flakes falling in the lights next to us here in Tomball

HK Ag
It snowed on us in Tomball in the winter of 1961-2.. It's been a while!

Light bender eye mender

Posts: 412 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: July 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Save an Elephant
Kill a Poacher
Picture of urbanwarrior238
posted Hide Post
Wish we had the snow here. Fires are devastating northern San Diego County right now. 3K acres and over 100 homes so far.

'I am the danger'...Hiesenberg
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
NRA Certified Rifle Instructor
NRA Life Member

Posts: 1376 | Location: Escaped from Kalifornia to Arizona February 2022! | Registered: March 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Definitely global warming..
A most severe case!

"Shoot lower, Sheriff, They're ridin' shetlands"
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?

Posts: 1360 | Location: S.E. Wi. | Registered: October 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
An old farmers belief in my area is that the date in December the first snow falls is the number of snowstorms that will occur during the winter. Looks like 7 for us also.

The “POLICE"
Their job Is To Save Your Ass,
Not Kiss It

The muzzle end of a .45 pretty much says "go away" in any language - Clint Smith

Posts: 2890 | Location: See der Rabbits, Iowa | Registered: June 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Been snowing on and off all day, here in Jerkwater.

Posts: 26904 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peripheral Visionary
Picture of tigereye313
posted Hide Post
Snowing here, but temp is still above feeezing so no accumulation expected.

Posts: 11360 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of msfzoe
posted Hide Post
In this corner of upstate newyorkistan, snowy winters are a fact of life.

Posts: 2422 | Location: newyorkistan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:
We looked outside about 7 pm to let a cat come in, and it was snowing!

Global cooling?? Razz

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sock Eating Golden
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P-220:
Suppose to get our first snow on Saturday. 1/2-1", so the panic has begun.

Not too far from you and they've already brined my road.

Twice.

Nick

"I cannot imagine any condition which would cause a ship to founder. I cannot conceive of any vital disaster happening to this vessel. Modern shipbuilding has gone beyond that."
-Capt. Edward Smith

Posts: 5795 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: November 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post