SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Turkish president Erdogan's bodyguards beat up US protesters in DC - Chutzpah! UPDATE: 19 of the guards have been indicted by the US
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Turkish president Erdogan's bodyguards beat up US protesters in DC - Chutzpah! UPDATE: 19 of the guards have been indicted by the US Login/Join 
Enjoy Computer Living
Picture of LoungeChair
posted Hide Post
Diplomatic immunity doesn't stop the end of a billy club. The cops should have begun whacking the heads of everyone wearing a suit.

-Loungechair

Posts: 674 | Registered: October 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LoungeChair:
Diplomatic immunity doesn't stop the end of a billy club. The cops should have begun whacking the heads of everyone wearing a suit.

It will be interesting to see if anything comes of it. The police issued a statement that they were a little hesitant because the bodyguards were all armed.

http://nymag.com/daily/intelli...c-turns-violent.html

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Why are these people still in my country today? They should have been gone yesterday.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107266 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BamaJeepster:
quote:

It will be interesting to see if anything comes of it. The police issued a statement that they were a little hesitant because the bodyguards were all armed.

Just another example on how you cannot rely on the police to protect you. They were there and they did nothing to protect those people being beaten.

Another strong reason for 2A.

Posts: 103 | Registered: April 19, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The thug/security detail person that the DC cop took his baton to had a gun. You can see it under his cover garment while he is punching a woman who is lying on the ground after being kicked by one of his compatriots. I say bravo to the cop, and there should have been more like him on scene.

Posts: 71 | Location: NoVA | Registered: December 12, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
If you haven't watched the video yourself, you need to. We have never seen this behavior on video before in the USA.

Posts: 18018 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of arabiancowboy
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

outrageous. the same officers who would arrest me for accidentally leaving an empty 30 round magazine in my truck when i drive from VA into DC will stand by while armed foreign thugs beat US citizens in our nations capital for fear of doing something because they're armed. that is a cowardly statement from the DC police and should be shameful to any american

Posts: 2392 | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
186,000 miles per second.
It's the law.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
I don't give a fuck if they're Carthaginians or Etruscans. Get them the fuck out of this country. Today. Pack your shit and get to the airport.

This exactly. Get_them_out.

Erdogan is a modern Mussolini, and Turkey is going down the rathole fast.

Posts: 3248 | Registered: August 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Idiot by birth,
Asshole by choice
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bwl5:
quote:
quote:

Just another example on how you cannot rely on the police to protect you. They were there and they did nothing to protect those people being beaten.

Another strong reason for 2A.

So, foreign Thugs can carry in DC, but US citizens can't.... Well that's just fucking wonderful !!

Posts: 3100 | Location: Georgia... 45 Minutes from everywhere....... | Registered: July 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
I understand feeling the cops should've acted more aggressively, but I can understand their not wanting to trigger a gunfight in the middle of a residential street full of not just thugs, but protesters, passers-by and residents. It's not like those jackasses in suits could be counted on to be disciplined about where or how much they'd fire.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
Beyond legitimate self defense, of which this was not, they have no business acting that way, not here, and particularly not against Americans who were, themselves, peaceful.

Get
The
Fuck
Out

Now.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be Careful What You Wish For...
Picture of Monk
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

I'm sorry, but that's just cowardly.

Georgeair: "...looking around my house this morning, it's not easily defended for long by two people in the event of real anarchy. The entryways might be slick for the latecomers though...."

Posts: 11865 | Location: Hoisting the colors in a strange land | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
quote:
Originally posted by GGF:
Just trying to figure out the rapid and heavy handed response of the Turkish security.

1. They're muslims.

2. They hate the Kurds non-muslims.

FIFY Wink

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8787 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too soon old,
too late smart
posted Hide Post
Sniper up Chuck Norris clones up.

Posts: 4757 | Location: Southern Texas | Registered: May 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dman, I was about to post a Whey comment....

great minds....

quote:
Originally posted by SIGguy229:
quote:
Originally posted by rburg:
I don't agree. We or our guards do the same thing to protect American Embassies abroad. In many of those situations, the government kind of endorses the anti-American protests.

Maybe this should be a limitation of freedom of speech. Not at foreign embassies, and particularly when the foreign head of state is visiting. Sure, that's when its most attractive to the protestors. They need to know a good ass kicking is coming when they do. Sure, they cry and whine because they got hurt. But its also what they wanted.

Disclaimer: I have no positive feelings for the Turks, and I don't even know what a kurd looks like. I even kind of wonder. Is it what little Miss Muffet was eating in the corner? Whey is nasty, but its a protein source.

What does Little Miss Muffet and ISIS in common?

Both have Kurds (curds) in their way (whey)

Posts: 912 | Location: Tucker, Ga. | Registered: June 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
[/QUOTE]
1. They're muslims.

2. They hate the Kurds non-muslims.[/QUOTE]

3. They hate other muslims that don't belong to their particular sect.

Posts: 9456 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post

Here is a different view. Pretty damning to me. I have had enough of Turkey and their shit. I don't care how important they are due to their location. They need to be out of NATO.

Posts: 7721 | Location: West Jordan, Utah | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
And here's an article that provides more information related to Erdogan not only watching but probably personally ordering the attack on protesters:

PJ Media: Erdogan probably ordered attack from his Mercedes

Posts: 18018 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
Amazing display of chutzpah as Turkey summons US ambassador to complain about 'rough treatment' of guards who attacked peaceful protesters on US soil (not on embassy grounds).

Turkey summons US ambassador to protest 'aggressive' handling of Turkish bodyguards

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Amazing display of chutzpah as Turkey summons US ambassador to complain about 'rough treatment' of guards who attacked peaceful protesters on US soil (not on embassy grounds).

Turkey summons US ambassador to protest 'aggressive' handling of Turkish bodyguards

Well, Sec. State Tillerson said they summoned the Turkish Ambassador and expressed their dismay. That's how these breaches of diplomatic decorum are handled.

In practical terms there are also the usual six options. One, do nothing. Two, issue a statement deploring the conduct. Three, lodge an official protest. Four, cut off aid. Five, break off diplomatic relations; and six, declare war.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post