SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Weed Wacker/String Trimmer Line Question
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Weed Wacker/String Trimmer Line Question Login/Join 
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mark123:
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
quote:
Originally posted by mark123:
quote:
Originally posted by Jelly:
Mark123 I was actually having issues with non round line leaving a pronounced hump on some types of cuts. I could not stand the look. Perhaps it's just an OCD issue on my part, don't know. All I know is the hump goes away for me with round line. You might check this out.

I'll check it out. I run a straight shaft (SRM-280) so that may have something to do with me not really noticing much difference.
Can you comment on how good the ugly line is on chain link.
I generally don't take fenced areas at work. I only have about a total of 8' of chain link fence. I can't really offer an opinion.

I use Oregon round regular green gatorline on chain link with pretty good results. I hear the Magnum is even stronger. I would guess I have about 250 yards of fence line.

I do believe chainlink depends on your skill more than anything. If you dig in, anything will break. You want the line to just slightly graze it.

Posts: 17887 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Oz_Shadow:
... I do believe chainlink depends on your skill more than anything. If you dig in, anything will break. You want the line to just slightly graze it.
Yep. If you're digging to bare earth just get some Round Up. And enjoy your crabgrass. Barely graze the links of the fence and digging into it only if there's a difficult blade or two. Best scenario is trying to whack under the links but most are touching the ground.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: mark123,

Posts: 45374 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post