SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    My "kitchen remodel"
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My "kitchen remodel" Login/Join 
My Time is Yours
Picture of davetruong
posted
Remember a month ago when I was starting my kitchen remodel? Well, the kitchen turned into new kitchen, bathroom, floors, stairs, doors and paint! I loved how it came together. Thank you to all the members who reached out to give me pointers and even their appliance discounts!

This is our kitchen when we purchased the house. We purchased this house largely because of this kitchen:
https://64.media.tumblr.com/36...57594fff66978c90.jpg

85% done:

God, Family, Country.

Posts: 6009 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: October 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That looks awesome David! Especially like the flooring color and sheen. It should wear nicely! You definitely lightened everything up, it looks great!

Posts: 345 | Location: Ohio | Registered: September 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Joie de vivre
Picture of sig229-SAS
posted Hide Post
Holy shit batman!! What a huge make over !! That looks great, a kitchen worth waiting for.

Posts: 3850 | Location: 1,960' up in Murphy, NC | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
drop and give me
20 pushups
posted Hide Post
Can not wait and see the pictures of what it looks like after you get moved in and set up. .......... drill sgt.

Posts: 2001 | Location: denham springs , la | Registered: October 19, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be Like Mike
Picture of CEShooter
posted Hide Post
That turned out incredibly sharp. Well done sir. You should be very proud of such a nice house!

Side topic, anyone else scratch their head for awhile trying to figure out why he put vanity lights in his shower? Wink. Just asking for a friend and definitely not me.

---------------
"Structural engineering is the art of moulding materials we don't understand into shapes we cannot precisely analyze, so as to withstand forces we cannot really access, in such a way that the community at large has no reason to suspect the extent of our ignorance." Dr. A. R. Dykes

Posts: 2229 | Location: 500 Miles from the homeland | Registered: February 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Short. Fat. Bald.
Costanzaesque.

Picture of TexasScrub
posted Hide Post
Very nice remodel! Chip n Joanna would be jealous! That being said, you could play hockey on that island (I know nothing about hockey except 'throw the gloves')

Posts: 1983 | Location: Victoria, TX | Registered: February 11, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
Gorgeous! I love the huge island. You can never have too much counter space.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17269 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That is so beautiful, and all the counter space with the island. Okay, I'm a little envious.

Bob

Posts: 1573 | Location: TampaBay | Registered: May 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CEShooter:
That turned out incredibly sharp. Well done sir. You should be very proud of such a nice house!

Side topic, anyone else scratch their head for awhile trying to figure out why he put vanity lights in his shower? Wink. Just asking for a friend and definitely not me.

That’s a reflection from the other side. You can see a toilet at the bottom if you look close.

Posts: 3910 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
Very nice!

Almost to the end Cool

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16676 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
Great looking kitchen. I'd be screwed if I showed those pictures to my wife. Wink

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
When you fall, I will be there to catch you -With love, the floor
posted Hide Post
I don't really cook and I'm impressed.

Richard Scalzo
Epping, NH

http://www.bigeastakitarescue.net

Posts: 5803 | Location: Epping, NH | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
Really, really, nice. And I do love me some big islands, and that one right there meets the definition and then some. Eek

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow, that is not a kitchen island, that is a dance floor.

Posts: 1061 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
I was going to say that’s not an island, it’s a continent.

Posts: 18044 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
I've been watching the progress, damn they did that fast, and it looks gorgeous!

I'm at over a year now, but that is due to COVID/loss of work. Hopefully it will be finished by years end or January.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20815 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redhookbklyn
posted Hide Post
Absolutely beautiful.

May you and your family enjoy it for many, many years.

“There is love in me the likes of which you’ve never seen. There is rage in me the likes of which should never escape."
—Mary Shelley, Frankenstein

Posts: 1930 | Location: South Carolina  | Registered: January 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Casuistic Thinker and Daoist
Picture of 9mmepiphany
posted Hide Post
That really is gorgeous. I'm not much of a cook, but I'm sort of a kitchen remodel addict. I had one done and now can't stop thinking how every kitchen can be improved...it's an addiction I tell you.

I especially like how you have undercouter drawers rather than cabinets and I like how you have stack your cabinets. I want that stove, but I really want that hood over it

No, Daoism isn't a religion

Posts: 14180 | Location: northern california | Registered: February 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bob at the Beach
posted Hide Post
Beautiful, is that Monogram?

Posts: 1473 | Location: Boardwalk, Va Beach | Registered: March 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cruising the
Highway to Hell
Picture of 95flhr
posted Hide Post
Damned man. That looks outstanding.

“Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.”
― Ronald Reagan

Retired old fart

Posts: 6484 | Location: Near the Beaverdam in VA | Registered: February 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post