SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    ICE now has access to a nationwide license plate recognition database
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

ICE now has access to a nationwide license plate recognition database Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Ins might want to know if your going to bars or other risk factors like areas with high rate of stolen vehicles, especially if you own one of the more desirable vehicles

God, Guns, and Guts made this country....let's keep all three

Posts: 495 | Location: TX | Registered: March 09, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
I keep my cell phone location tracking off to save juice, not for privacy reasons. I turn it on only when I need google maps or a website requests it. After which it is turned off again. I just don't like stuff draining my battery. I guess I'm old.

Posts: 4010 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
Do illegals use license plates? I thought they just hand wrote LAF on a piece of paper and taped it to the back window.

Posts: 10938 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
Big Brother is watching you.

Posts: 9509 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by trapper189:
Do illegals use license plates? I thought they just hand wrote LAF on a piece of paper and taped it to the back window.

Printing "fake" paper temp tags is a biggie.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43881 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't like it and I don't care what supposed good it's used for. The negatives outweigh any positives.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3533 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
The problem is not the database, the problem is that the government will abuse it. Count on it.

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember:
so when are we going to see some results?

When the public is conditioned to accept them and they are used to extract revenue from legal citizens.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29696 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm very conflicted about this. I can see three results from the government tracking my plates:

1. "This guy is so cool; I wish I had his life!"

2. "This guy is such a rube; I'm glad I don't live like that!"

3. "Holy Shit! Get a Predator on station and warm up the Hellfires!"

Posts: 783 | Registered: January 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JR78
posted Hide Post
My agency has been using LPR’s for at least 5 years. Stolen vehicles, warrants, etc.

Posts: 1964 | Location: DFW | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
if ICE really wanted to round up the illegals, they could go to every Wal-Mart on Saturday and catch them all (just like Pokemon!!)

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11280 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have not yet begun
to procrastinate
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by roadkill:
Ins might want to know if your going to bars or other risk factors like areas with high rate of stolen vehicles, especially if you own one of the more desirable vehicles

It's none of their business until you make a claim.
If you change zip codes they can adjust your rates. If you keep the same zip code and hang out in a "higher risk" zip code for days on end, it's still none of their damn business.

--------
After the game, the King and the pawn go into the same box.

Posts: 3775 | Location: Central AZ | Registered: October 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would donate my time to drive around for eight hours in one of their camera cars ,

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54637 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post