SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Weeeee! Another stupid, pointless Gun Buy Back!!
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Weeeee! Another stupid, pointless Gun Buy Back!! Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
quote:
said Delabia....
Big Grin

What else did Delabia say?
She said she's glad that her name isn't Vagintina.

Dey is Sistas, same Momma and everything.

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8320 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Means nothing and it won't make a difference except making those who put togetther the program feel like they've "done something", which they actually have not.

Zero- no difference of any kind- won't stop any sort of [FILL-IN-THE-BLANK], but you go ahead with your feel-good pointless bullshit.

Pretty much the Liberal Agenda right there in a nutshell, if you ask me.

March
Gun Buy Back
Protest
Rally against [Fill in the blank]

But they feel good about themselves n' shit!

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8320 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by EasyFire:
I think I can make a 22 sip gun for under $10 easy. How much are they paying? Wonder how many they will take.. Do they need serial number?

Folks have done that before. For example...

Back in 2014, someone made these homemade shotguns from a few bucks worth of parts from the hardware store, then turned them in at a buyback in Fredericksburg, VA for $100 each.

Posts: 32423 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Edmond:
They should have some hippie with an acoustic guitar sing "Give Peace A Chance" at these events. It might be more productive. At the very least it would be more entertaining.

If I could get my choice of any vintage collectable firearms, I would wear a wig and buy a mandolin, and sing "Tip Toe through the Tulips!"

I don't know the chords to "Give Peace a Chance."

My entertainment level is pretty low , sadly.

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Politically offensive
Picture of WarEagle
posted Hide Post
Nothing like making the organizers feel good about themselves but not doing a thing to fix the problem. At least the criminals are able to get rid of the guns they used in crime and get cash in the process. It's a can't lose situation for them.

What a pile of crap.

Regards, WarEagle
NRA Patron Life Member

Posts: 2341 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: October 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted Hide Post
A local police department here was having a gun buyback and posted on Facebook about it. Someone on one of my local Facebook gun pages reported it. The result below is hilarious.

These go to eleven.

Posts: 12406 | Location: Westminster, MA | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances with Wiener Dogs
Picture of XinTX
posted Hide Post

“The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws.” Ayn Rand

“If we relinquish our rights because of fear, what is it exactly, then, we are fighting for?” Sen. Rand Paul

Posts: 8347 | Registered: July 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of zimman20
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
quote:
said Delabia....
Big Grin

What else did Delabia say?
She said she's glad that her name isn't Vagintina.

Or Vaginaka. Big Grin

On a related note, my brother is a Corrections Officer in NJ. They're switching service pistols from (IIRC) H&K to the Smith M&P - and that they destroy the old pistols instead of auctioning them off and bringing some money back into the coffers of a State that is so far in debt that they can't see up.

Makes 'em feel good about themselves tho, I'm sure. Roll Eyes

--------------------------------------------------------------
zman

P229 SAS
Sig 1911 STX

Posts: 936 | Location: Stanley, NC | Registered: September 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
Round here they actually auction off confiscated guns. They even mentioned it on local news and had pictures on a Website. It was the biggest collection of worthless crap I had ever seen. The cops I spoke with told me not to bother going to the auction. They probably would have made more selling them as scrap.

Sidenote. My brother once worked for a smelter, one of his monthly tasks was to melt down all the firearms confiscated by the police.

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
I know I am a broken record, but if a doctor has totally the wrong diagnosis, he will never cure the disease.

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
Probably will net a few from widows that are afraid of guns that their late husbands had.
I doubt it will stop any drive-by's though.

Posts: 9456 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
frayedends, that is beyond perfect. Big Grin

Posts: 17055 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The mayor of Montgomery Alabama was on the tv recently saying that they were going to do a gun buy back but that there was a law against it (not sure if local or state) now they are looking for a way around it. Idiots!

Posts: 1833 | Location: central Alabama | Registered: July 31, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If legal under state law, great time to take some cash to the collection point and see if there are any gems being turned in by people who have no idea of the value of what they're turning in. Who knows what you might find.

Posts: 1313 | Location: Gainesville, VA | Registered: February 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post