SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Weeeee! Another stupid, pointless Gun Buy Back!!
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Weeeee! Another stupid, pointless Gun Buy Back!! Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted
Means nothing and it won't make a difference except making those who put togetther the program feel like they've "done something", which they actually have not.

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/loca...back-event/527963539

Zero- no difference of any kind- won't stop any sort of violence, but you go ahead with your feel-good pointless bullshit.

They can parade all the mamas of dead thugs they want. The gun is not the problem and never was.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107507 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
Seems like a great way to get rid of a murder weapon; I wonder if any "owner" information is collected with the gun...

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15561 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No doubt a waste.

I was thinking about this the other day. What would help stop the violence?

In the really bad areas ... like Baltimore, Memphis, Houston, Chicago, etc you set up specialized courts, holding facilities so 'bad-ass' violent offenders are tried within a week or two of arrest. None of this throwing them in the system where it takes 6 months to a year to go to trial... by that time the witnesses have all disappeared, been threatened, been killed, moved away or whatever. The DAs have forgotten / lost case details and files, cops have moved on to other cases...

You shoot somebody on Wednesday night? Your trial starts Thursday the next week. Good luck. Convicted on Tuesday the following week if you don't plead. In PMITA prison by Friday.

I'm sure legal scholars will tell me why this couldn't happen, but with enough $$ anything is possible.

I just find it interesting we hear all the politicians say 'we must do something whatever the cost' and in turn they do absolutely nothing that makes a difference.

But they think a gun buyback will help.

------------------------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
said Delabia....

Big Grin

What else did Delabia say?

Posts: 17114 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
Crap! Not close enough for me to unload some worthless revolvers I found when we cleaned out of my M-I-L's house. Been looking for one of these buy backs so I could turn that junk into a couple upgrades for my AR-15. Smile

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
quote:
said Delabia....
Big Grin

She said she's glad that her name isn't Vagintina.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107507 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
I actually knew a woman named Doris Delabia.

There is iron in my words of death for all to see.
So there is iron in my words of life.

Posts: 31423 | Registered: February 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
quote:
parabellum
Peace through
superior firepower

posted May 30, 2017 02:36 PM Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
quote:
said Delabia....

She said she's glad that her name isn't Vagintina.

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11106 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
I feel safer already.

Roll Eyes

I wonder if there is any arbitrage that can be played on one of these things? Buy up all the beaters you can and then trade for cash.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20815 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIGforum Official
Eye Doc
Picture of bcereuss
posted Hide Post
Last line of the article:

"They had hoped to raise $100,000 for the effort, but got only about $30,000."

Posts: 2933 | Location: (Occupied) Northern Minnesota | Registered: June 24, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I actually knew a woman named Doris Delabia.

I hear it is a common name in Texas.

Posts: 17226 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When is the car buyback? I know of some people who have actually hurt others while driving one. I have one whose brakes are pretty sketchy.

Posts: 17226 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Objectively Reasonable
Picture of DennisM
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
Crap! Not close enough for me to unload some worthless revolvers I found when we cleaned out of my M-I-L's house. Been looking for one of these buy backs so I could turn that junk into a couple upgrades for my AR-15. Smile

I was thinking along the same lines (except not using guns from your in-law's house, of course.)

I have some REAL junk sitting around.

Posts: 2459 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
but if it keeps 3 y.o. Chiron from getting a gun out of Charolais's purse or from 7 y.o. Wokjolla
from showing dads handgun to his best friend , while the parents are out copping a cig .

then I guess worse things could be going on

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54608 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victim of a Series
of Accidents
posted Hide Post
Buyback? Did they sell them to begin with?
Big Grin

"Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice. Moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue." - Barry Goldwater

Posts: 1971 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: February 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
They should have some hippie with an acoustic guitar sing "Give Peace A Chance" at these events. It might be more productive. At the very least it would be more entertaining.

Posts: 13097 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of EasyFire
posted Hide Post
I think I can make a 22 sip gun for under $10 easy. How much are they paying? Wonder how many they will take.. Do they need serial number?

EasyFire [AT] zianet.com
----------------------------------
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
Colorado Concealed Handgun Permit Instructor
Nationwide Agent for >
US LawShield > https://www.texaslawshield.com...p.php?promo=ondemand
CCW Safe > www.ccwsafe.com/CCHPI

Posts: 1441 | Location: Denver Area Colorado | Registered: December 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They don't have gun "buy backs" around here, but if and when they do, I've got two that have got to go. I have a Helwan 9mm pistol and a Winchester M1400 shotgun both of which have broken parts and the parts are not available. I would gladly sell them at a "buy back". Either that or trash them.

"If you think everything's going to be alright, you don't understand the problem!"- Gutpile Charlie
"A man's got to know his limitations" - Harry Callahan

Posts: 9249 | Location: Indian Territory, USA | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quit staring at my wife's Butt
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
Great place to get rid of crap that's worthless and go buy new. vagintina Big Grin Big Grin

Posts: 5587 | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Round here they actually auction off confiscated guns. They even mentioned it on local news and had pictures on a Website. It was the biggest collection of worthless crap I had ever seen. The cops I spoke with told me not to bother going to the auction. They probably would have made more selling them as scrap.