SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Sears Throwing Free Money Around?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sears Throwing Free Money Around? Login/Join 
posted
So besides a warranty return on a tool I have no set foot inside a Sears in probably 10 years. I do not have an account of any kind and they are not on my radar for anything these days. When I went in to exchange a broken wrench they did ask for some personal info so I have them my junk email account.

Today I get an email from them telling me I had $22.00 in bonus cash I needed to use. I almost nuked it but figured i would wander down the rabbit hole.

I clicked the link, selected a drill bit/driver bit combo and a one other item, total $19.58. I hit "apply bonus cash" and sure enough it zeroed it out to nothing then told me that they would email me when order was ready. I;ll be damned if I did not get an email 45 min later and off I went to pick up my free shit.

I still do not know why I got it but I got 20.00 worth of stuff for free, at no time did they ask for CC number or any other info so I guess thanks!

Posts: 3987 | Location: Peoria, AZ | Registered: November 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
Had nearly the exact thing happen a year ago.

Went into the store and right to the Craftsman area. I think mine was just under $25. The manager thought it was for joining the Craftsman Club many years (decades?) ago and likely an avenue for getting known/reliable buyers back in to buy additional product.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

Posts: 14036 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
I agree that it sounds like an advertising/customer-building promotion.

Enjoy the drill bits.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53121 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Wins
Picture of Micropterus
posted Hide Post
I bought a Craftsman (Husqvarna) garden tractor in September. It was about $2,800. It was delivered with the mowing deck improperly attached. When I called them to complain and tell them to come pick the tractor up, they offered me $461 in in-store credit to keep it. I did keep it, and took the deck off and reattached it properly myself.

Within a week of spending the $461 in in-store credit, I got a notice they were giving me $12 more in bonus cash, which I also promptly spent.

Now I've just gotten an e-mail telling me I have $10 more dollars in bonus cash.

Yeah, they are throwing money around.

Posts: 4285 | Location: In The Swamp | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sailor1911
posted Hide Post
Bait!

Place your clothes and weapons where you can find them in the dark.

“If in winning a race, you lose the respect of your fellow competitors, then you have won nothing” - Paul Elvstrom "The Great Dane" 1928 - 2016

Posts: 3762 | Location: Wichita, Kansas | Registered: March 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
I wanted to buy a fine tooth ratchet set today. No shipping available and pickup in store was something crazy like December 27.

Posts: 17881 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
sick puppy
posted Hide Post
Haven't they announced their going out of business already?

Posts: 7546 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post