SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Meanwhile, in New York, a man is found with gas cans near St Patricks....
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Meanwhile, in New York, a man is found with gas cans near St Patricks.... Login/Join 
half-genius,
half-wit
posted

Posts: 11315 | Location: UK, OR, ONT | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Copycat wackos tend to come out of the woodwork when there's a high profile event that dominates the media.

Posts: 32493 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Unidentified man, would like to see a photo of him. Also NY is FULL of wacko's.

-c1steve

Posts: 4052 | Location: West coast | Registered: March 31, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
There are wackos everywhere.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47397 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
When you fall, I will be there to catch you -With love, the floor
posted Hide Post
No gas stations near that church. Bringing them in by car means trying to find a parking space. .That could take days.

As the sidewalks are crowded in midtown, not being notified carrying gas cans would have been difficult.

Richard Scalzo
Epping, NH

http://www.bigeastakitarescue.net

Posts: 5803 | Location: Epping, NH | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The 2nd guarantees the 1st
Picture of fiasconva
posted Hide Post
The MSM has been pretty quiet about this one. They did show a video of him doing the perp walk on one network, though.

"Even if the world were perfect it wouldn't be." ... Yogi Berra

Posts: 1864 | Location: York County, VA | Registered: August 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dwood4
posted Hide Post
Anyone seen an id on this guy? I have my suspicions on motive but have seen no id of the suspect. It would be like New York to withhold id on someone they want to protect. The media as well...

Posts: 543 | Registered: November 03, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post

Posts: 13486 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Greymann
posted Hide Post
Suspect Marc Lamparello 34 yrs old from Hasbrouck NJ.

Posts: 1551 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: March 21, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
The photo I saw appeared to be a white man in maybe his 50s and a little disheveled.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
This Space for Rent
Picture of ugeesta
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Greymann:
Suspect Marc Lamparello 34 yrs old from Hasbrouck NJ.

Looks like Frank from American Pickers

We will never know world peace, until three people can simultaneously look each other straight in the eye

Liberals are like pussycats and Twitter is Trump's laser pointer to keep them busy while he takes care of business - Rey HRH.

Posts: 5749 | Location: Colorado | Registered: April 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
Someone go slap him silly. Can’t he even dream up his own crime? Copycat.

Posts: 6156 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of msfzoe
posted Hide Post
The Rotten Apple is a concrete jungle with nasty denizens.

Posts: 2422 | Location: newyorkistan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Move Up or
Move Over
posted Hide Post
Ah yes, the nutty professor...

Posts: 4954 | Location: middle Tennessee | Registered: October 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mark_a:
Ah yes, the nutty professor...

Yup.

Quote from DM -

'A New Jersey man who was caught walking into New York's famed St Patrick's Cathedral with gas cans and lighter fluid is a PhD student who once wrote a passionate defense of Donald Trump after he was criticized by the French.

Marc Lamparello, 37, entered the Manhattan church with the two gallon cans of gasoline before being apprehended by security at around 8pm on Wednesday night.

He is a Boston College-educated philosophy professor who has lectured at Lehman College and also held several roles in the Catholic church.

Police say it is too early to say whether the incident was terror related but it comes two days after the Notre Dame Cathedral fire in Paris.

They later added that four cans of gasoline were found in total after searching the suspect's van.'

Posts: 11315 | Location: UK, OR, ONT | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
Yeah, probably a nut case, but did he do anything actually illegal?

I mean, of course he should have been stopped and questioned, but I'd be interested in seeing what, if anything, he's charged with. . .

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21839 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hound Dog:
Yeah, probably a nut case, but did he do anything actually illegal?

I mean, of course he should have been stopped and questioned, but I'd be interested in seeing what, if anything, he's charged with. . .
I predict the police will find something to charge him with. Each of us violate at least a dozen laws every day--that's why there are so many of them, so we can always be charged with something.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post