SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Who is In Charge of Death Threats ?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Who is In Charge of Death Threats ? Login/Join 
posted
I see where according to Oprah, her close friend, CBS's Gayle King has been getting death threats because of an interview she once did about Kobe Bryant. This got me to wondering, who is in charge of all these death threats we hear so much about. Say or do anything controversial and apparently you get death threats. Are there people at home, shut-ins, who have time on their hands and and a phone. Are they like robo-calls? How do they know how to reach the victims of these death threats? How do I get Gayle King's phone number in case on a whim, I feel like making a death threat? Just trying to figure it out.

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When I was a cop, I would occasionally get a death threat. I just felt it was an indicator that I was doing something right.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16070 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
If there's not someone out there that wants you killified, you're not trying hard enough.

Posts: 10913 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NK402:...who is in charge of all these death threats we hear so much about. ...

Them.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43867 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
When I was a cop, I would occasionally get a death threat. I just felt it was an indicator that I was doing something right.

+1.

A person can be judged favorably not only by the people who like you, but the people who dislike you.

quote:
Originally posted by trapper189:
If there's not someone out there that wants you killified, you're not trying hard enough.

Yup. You aren't doing your job or being true to yourself.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
quote:
Originally posted by NK402:...who is in charge of all these death threats we hear so much about. ...

Them.

Yes, those.

Q

Posts: 26350 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Something wild
is loose
Picture of Doc H.
posted Hide Post
If you have no enemies, you have no principles.

"And gentlemen in England now abed, shall think themselves accursed they were not here, and hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks that fought with us upon Saint Crispin's Day"

Posts: 2746 | Location: The Shire | Registered: October 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Are there ever recordings of these threats the liberals claim to get? They would never, ever make something up...

Posts: 15907 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kraquin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sigmund:
Are there ever recordings of these threats the liberals claim to get? They would never, ever make something up...

I guess you're saying YooperSigs is a Liberal???

Ronald Reagan got a death threat. Nearly killed him and he was a Republican!

Posts: 391 | Registered: December 07, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
Most people who make threats aren't the ones you need to be worried about. The quiet ones are the ones that will get you.

I was ambushed by a guy with a shotgun who never said a word until he was 3 feet behind me.

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15712 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
quote:
quote:

Them.

Yes, those.

....and some of the others....

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29683 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
Maybe she slipped and said she was supporting Trump in the next election. Razz

Posts: 9495 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post

Posts: 21097 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you’re asking who has jurisdiction,it depends. If a phone or the mail was used, postal inspectors or FBI. If a federal politician (generally) was threatened, the Secret Service. If a citizen was threatened, the local police. If a military member, probably NCIS or CID. If Oprah’s girlfriend was threatened, obviously the NationalEnquirer.

Posts: 17139 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
What is a threat?

"I'm going to kill you."
Yep, that's a threat.

"I wish for your death."
Maybe. Maybe not. Does person have a special relationship with a genie who grants wishes? If so then yes it's a threat.

"Eat shit and die, mother fracker."
Not nice. But not a threat.

"I disagree with your leftist ideology."
Good God man. This is a true threat. Call the FBI and Just-Us Department. This terrorist needs to go down.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Fenris,

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17460 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
I must be the odd man out... I don't have any enemies and don't hate anyone.... and I don't need to use the 'F" word in my speech or writing to explain it.

Besides it being wrong, last time I checked it is illegal to make a death threat towards someone.

If for some reason I felt the need to, it would not be a threat, it would be a promise.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not an LEO. But I did get several death threats related to my employment before I retired. I had to take them seriously. One manager of an SSA office was shot outside his home from an irate and mentally ill beneficiary while I was working before I retired. Several of the individuals who threatened me had criminal records. On a side note, I was once involved with providing info to the USSS about a wacko who was sending love letters addressed to a US president's daughter. (He was a disability beneficiary.) He started sending angry letters to her because she never responded. There are more bat shit crazy ass holes out there than you might think.

Posts: 1049 | Location: New Jersey  | Registered: May 03, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What I've noticed is that a lot of these things aren't actually "death threats" the way that most of us would think of them. You know, where somebody actually specifically threatens to kill a person. Rather, they're statements that the person should die or deserves to die or whatever.

But hey, never waste an opportunity.

Posts: 5160 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NOT compromised!
Picture of SIGWALLY
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Them.

Giant ants?

Posts: 1527 | Location: Tampa Bay, Florida | Registered: July 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post