SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    2021 F-150's diesel available and 7.2 kw generator built in available
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

2021 F-150's diesel available and 7.2 kw generator built in available Login/Join 
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MRMATT:
So what's the overall price for said f150?

Looks like you have to get the Super Crew Cab, but the base XL two wheel drive with nothing else but the hybrid drive train and 7.2kW package MSRP is $44,500.

Posts: 10938 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Family Man
posted Hide Post
I have a ‘21 F-150 4x4 Powerboost. I primarily bought it because of the improved city mileage (24 claimed). It didn’t hurt that the truck had everything else I wanted.

I didn’t even realize it had the 2.4kw generator when I bought it. I can see a use on a job site or while camping, but not in an emergency situation. I think that much idling would be bad for the engine.

I will say that the power and acceleration are fantastic. It doesn’t hurt that it has 3.73 gearing. The only thing I wish I could do is put in electric only mode, but I understand why they didn’t allow that.

Posts: 987 | Registered: December 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I ran the ford configurator and its $4K to get the generator on a truck that I might buy. That is beyond crazy IMO to get 7KW of power. And the $3.3K for the underlying hybrid will literally never pay for itself for all but a tiny,tiny percentage of drivers.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 11002 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post