SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Have you been contacted by an Amazon seller to change your review???
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Have you been contacted by an Amazon seller to change your review??? Login/Join 
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted
I bought some LED reverse bulbs for the Expedition.
I chose the set that had the most amount of reviews and all were pretty high reviews 4 and 5 star.
My 2 pack arrived and only 1 worked I contacted Amazon and like usual had a new set on the way. I rated them with 3 stars and said the one that worked was exactly as advertised but the 2nd was dead on arrival.
I was contacted by the seller who stated that had shipped me the “upgraded bulbs” to replace what I purchased and would I change my review to 5 stars.

Interesting to see what the “upgraded bulbs” are.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25356 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
That hasn't happened to me yet, but so far I've bought mostly books and haven't reviewed any except for a few of the more obscure ones I've read.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
On eBay, I don't leave any review until after the deal is completely over, which includes giving the seller the opportunity to make it right.

Posts: 4006 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
I don't recall if I was asked to change the review, but I was scolded for not contacting her and was told I didn't know how the review system worked, after leaving her a 1 star review.

The problem was I never received the product. I got an excuse that she was widowed and trying to run a farm by herself.
I filled her in on my own problems, which most of us have, and she shut up and sent the item along w/ some extras.
I didn't change the review.

This was probably 6+ yrs ago.

Posts: 7320 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I never leave reviews on Amazon. I probably should.

Posts: 5082 | Location: Alaska | Registered: June 12, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
It's happened before to me. Product wasn't very good. Seller e-mailed me and offered me a refund if I would change the review. I did change the review but noted it was for giving a refund for the product rather than for the product itself. Didn't give it 5 stars, though, gave it 4 stars.

Then I stopped leaving reviews.

quote:
Originally posted by newmexican:
I never leave reviews on Amazon. I probably should.

I stopped leaving them when I got tired of them censoring or denying my honest reviews. If they're going to censor the truth, then I don't give a damn about their products or sellers.

Posts: 13047 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm having this problem now. I ordered a morale patch from the Amazon.ca site. The product description was "all orders shipped from Canada" and that it had a Velcro backing.
It took weeks for the patch to arrive and it had a customs declaration attached to the envelope with a mailing address from Las Vegas. the patch was also an iron on type.
Their description of the product and their location was a complete lie so I left a "bad" but really just a truthful review and now they wont stop emailing me to change it. I may have to contact Amazon.ca to resolve this.

"Momma say's the pistol is the Devil's right hand."

Posts: 694 | Location: Ontario | Registered: December 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
I recently ordered a Bluetooth 3.5mm Jack to plug in my work vehicle stereo. Used it three times over two months. Past return window, so I left a negative review.

Seller reaches out a day or two later, says he will give me new one at 95% off if I change my review. I replied that's nice, but I won't change my review based on them selling me a heavily discounted replacement for their failed product. I go on to tell him after 6 months if it still works I will change my rating to my thoughts on the replacement.

One day after redeeming his discount code I get an email. He asks why I haven't changed my review. I explain to him I haven't received my replacement and queried if he had read my previous email, no response.

Receive product and another email. New email, please update your review now. Response, NO, please see previous correspondence.

A week or so later, new email. You've now had some time with product, please review. Reply, fuck off, I've told you three times I'll change review once I'm confident product will last, at this point I'm not changing a thing, never contact me again.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20758 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
At least twice.

Once for a backup camera where the seller refunded my money in an attempt to get me to change my review. Then they emailed me about once a week reminding/asking me to change my review.

Eventually I did. I dropped it from two stars down to one, and edited the review saying it was lowered, because of the constant emails.

Posts: 21053 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
Yes.
I ordered Oxo Good Grip knife, got cheap Chinese knock off.
Returned and got refund.
Rated one star and noted it was a "Cheap Chinese Knock Off."
Seller demanded I delete review.
I replied "Fuck you"

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31382 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Twice. One refunded me first, then asked me to change the review. I noted the refund. Another simply demanded I change it. My response was, similarly, "Fuck you." The have deleted reviews of books, so I stopped posting them.

Posts: 17121 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an
opportunity to STFU
posted Hide Post
I purchased a refrigerator water filter which released a bunch of particles that resulted in a $400 repair. The seller of the Chinese part (surprise!) refunded me $40 then asked if I would change the review. I asked if he would refund my repair bill. I haven’t heard from him since.

Never be more than one step away from your sword-Old Greek Wisdom

Posts: 2294 | Location: SE Mich-- USA | Registered: September 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
Happened twice. Once for a car phone charger and the other for a leather steering wheel cover. Neither was changed. It would’ve been dishonest to do so.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3955 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
I would have no issue in changing the review, to something along the lines:

"Ordered set of 2, only 1 worked, requested replacement set was sent, DOA, seller then asked me to change my review in exchange for "upgraded bulbs", so here is the changed review. Zero stars for unprofessional business practices."

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43810 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
I avoid ordering from Amazon if Amazon is not the seller. This avoids this situation.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53118 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
I've had this happen before a few times and now I do what jhe888 does. Nothing is bought by me if the seller isn't Amazon.

To correct the issues when you have them, we need to contact Amazon customer service and provide the email exchanges these shady sellers are having with us. Advise Amazon that you cannot "in good faith" purchase from AMAZON if the business practice is allowed to continue. Complain. Fight and scrap for anything they give you. Make Amazon pick and choose whom they allow to conduct business through their website. I have made it known that if the problem persists, I'll not renew my membership. If nobody speaks up; then we are complicit with these shady business practices.

Posts: 2824 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
Chinese eBay seller sent me ethernet connectors that were too big. I noted that problem in feedback. They begged me to change my review, making it sound like half the country would suffer great hardship if I didn't. I tried but couldn't change my review. They continued for some weeks with the pleading.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8310 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dsiets:
and was told I didn't know how the review system worked, after leaving her a 1 star review.

To be fair, that's not how the Amazon Review system is supposed to work.

On Amazon.com, reviews are for the product itself. It lets interested buyers learn about the product itself. Is it a quality item/Is it useful/Does it work as intended/etc.

It's frustrating to be reading reviews about a product, which most folks have rated at 4 or 5 stars because it's a good product that works well, but having to wade through a bunch of 1 star reviews stating "Item never arrived" or "It came broken" or "Seller never sent me a tracking number" or "Seller was rude".

Those have nothing to do with the item itself, and should have been left as feedback on the seller instead.

Amazon states:
quote:
Customer Reviews and Questions and Answers should be about the product. Feedback about the seller, your shipment experience, or packaging can be shared at www.amazon.com/feedback or www.amazon.com/packaging. Comments about pricing, product availability or alternate ordering options are also not about the product and should not be shared in Customer Reviews

There's a separate seller feedback system for issues with third party seller communication, slow shipping, items not arriving, etc. Amazon states that these seller feedback ratings are for your buying experience, including:

quote:
• How satisfied were you with how your order was packaged and shipped? (for products)
• How was the work quality and professionalism of the provider? (for services)
• Did you get good customer service and prompt resolution? (if applicable)
• Would you buy from this third-party seller again?
• What could have been improved about your experience?

But as stated already, if you stick to just items sold by Amazon itself and avoid third party sellers, you shouldn't have to worry about stuff like that. On the off chance that something does go wrong with something from Amazon itself, Amazon will go above and beyond to correct it.

Posts: 32430 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am an ass, i do not leave reviews.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
I don't leave product reviews all that often. The product has to be either really good or really bad to get me to leave a review. I just skip leaving 3/4 star reviews, since it doesn't do much good to be the eleventy-hundredth person stating basically "It worked as expected".

But if something work really well, much better than expected, I leave the occasional 5 star review with specific on why it's so good. Similarly, if something works really poorly, or is really bad quality, I'll leave the occasional 1 or 2 star review with specifics.

On the other hand, while I rarely buy from third party sellers, when I do, I typically leave seller feedback.

Posts: 32430 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post