SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Note to self: If I make a video calling out my black Soldiers, DON'T post it on Facebook....
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Note to self: If I make a video calling out my black Soldiers, DON'T post it on Facebook.... Login/Join 
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^ HOMERUN!!!!

Posts: 20098 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Haveme1or2
posted Hide Post
If a black woman said it about white women it would get picked up by news and broadcasted to hail her as a power standing up strongly against a wrong.
It is true blacks can get away with it.
Black privilege, white cave to social loudness.

Posts: 1002 | Location: Mint Hill NC | Registered: November 26, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Haveme1or2:
If a black woman said it about white women it would get picked up by news and broadcasted to hail her as a power standing up strongly against a wrong.
It is true blacks can get away with it.
Black privilege, white cave to social loudness.

In your theoretical race-reversal scenario, the msm may hail her for speaking out, but the USAF would still come down hard on them. It wouldn't necesarily make it into the national news, but it would be dealt with at the squadron/group/wing level.

The USAF has no choice but to hammer this dimwit because of the bad PR aspect, but they never would have tolerated this even if it hadn't gone viral.

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21844 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bionic218:
quote:
Originally posted by RichardC:
Bad chess move.

Pawn to E-2.

More like E-Civilian in short order.

She'll be drummed out within weeks or months.

Posts: 33794 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is circumspective
Picture of vinnybass
posted Hide Post
TSgt Lovely, I find most people get the respect they deserve. It's probably true in your case as well. BTW, do you know any big words?

"We're all travelers in this world. From the sweet grass to the packing house. Birth 'til death. We travel between the eternities."

Posts: 5479 | Location: Las Vegas, NV. | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
fugitive from reality
Picture of SgtGold
posted Hide Post
Well isn't that just Lovely. Wink

Posts: 7073 | Location: Newyorkistan | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The 2nd guarantees the 1st
Picture of fiasconva
posted Hide Post
I can see an assignment to the most remote outpost in the world in her future.

"Even if the world were perfect it wouldn't be." ... Yogi Berra

Posts: 1865 | Location: York County, VA | Registered: August 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There used to some really great radar sites you could wind up being stationed at if you fooked up.
Or Thule, Greenland.
Or Shemya, AK.
Maybe they no longer do that.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16086 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
There used to some really great radar sites you could wind up being stationed at if you fooked up.
Or Thule, Greenland.
Or Shemya, AK.
Maybe they no longer do that.

Slight thread drift:

AFAIK, Shemya is still open but operated by contractors, not sure about Thule. Hound Dog should know the answers.

For sure Clear (AK) is still open, I drove thru it last summer. But it's not as remote as the others.

Posts: 15907 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
Thule and Clear are still there for Active Duty, but they wouldn't want her, either.

She's poison, and has shown really lousy character.

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21844 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
Air Force liaison to Seal Team 6.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
https://www.airforcetimes.com/...charged-online-rant/

Air Force punishes Nellis airman for racially charged online rant

By: Stephen Losey   2 days ago

An airman who posted a profane Facebook video in which she made racially charged comments has been punished, officials at Nellis Air Force Base said.

“In accordance with the Uniform Code of Military Justice, Geraldine Lovely was held accountable for her actions,” Maj. Christina Sukach, chief of public affairs for the 99th Air Base Wing at Nellis, said in a statement Wednesday. “While specifics on this case can’t be released, 99th Air Base Wing leadership is satisfied with the outcome.”

Tech. Sgt. Geraldine Lovely of the 99th Force Support Squadron at the Nevada air force base posted a video of her in-uniform rant Jan. 26, in which she claimed black female airmen and noncommissioned officers had attitude problems.

“It pisses me the [expletive] off that they [black female airmen] have no [expletive] respect and constantly having an attitude,” Lovely said in the video. “What the [expletive] is up with that? ... Why is it that every time I encounter, you know, my subordinates that are black females, they have a giant [expletive] attitude?”

The Facebook Live video, which was originally broadcast within a secret group for Nellis airmen, went viral within days after it was reposted on the unofficial Air Force amn/nco/snco Facebook page.

At the time, Sukach commented on the video, calling it “inappropriate and unacceptable behavior,” especially for someone in uniform, and said leadership at the base was taking action.

Lovely was soon removed from her supervisory role and placed under investigation.

It remains unknown whether Lovely is still a technical sergeant. Sukach’s original statement did not refer to Lovely by her rank. When asked what rank Lovely is now, Sukach replied with another statement that also did not refer to her by rank.

“A military member’s administrative record is protected by the Privacy Act of 1974, hence the specifics of this case cannot be release,” Sukach said.

When asked if Lovely is now in a supervisory role, Sukach said, “Geraldine Lovely was removed from her supervisory role and was held accountable for her actions.”

Maj. Gen. Peter Gersten, commander of the U.S. Air Force Warfare Center at Nellis, released a stern memo shortly after the video’s release, saying such behavior is unacceptable.

“Yesterday, one of our fellow airmen decided to part with our core values and posted an unprofessional video which has no place in our Air Force,” Gersten said in the memo. “A decision by one airman has detracted from the Air Force’s proud 71 year history of breaking cultural barriers and has caused airmen to hurt, lose faith and be distracted from the mission. Let me be completely clear when I say that any type of activity that disparages anyone because of their race, religion, gender or sexual orientation will not be tolerated. Toxic workplaces and toxic leaders will not be tolerated. Teamwork, grit and getting it done through integrity, service and excellence is the Air Force way. Anything less is unacceptable and shortchanges our core values.”

In this week’s statement, Sukach appeared to make a comment about the interest Lovely’s case has attracted online.

“These cases are not tried in social media but handled through the fair and due process afforded to military members under public law and regulations,” Sukach said.

“Nellis Air Force Base leadership emphasizes that any activity which disparages anyone because of their race, religion, gender, or sexual orientation will not be tolerated,” Sukach said. “Service members are responsible for their own actions, to include social media.“

Posts: 15907 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This gal is definitely in the wrong profession.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"And it's time that particularly, some of our corporations learned, that when you get in bed with government, you're going to get more than a good night's sleep."
- Ronald Reagan

Posts: 5785 | Location: Pegram, TN | Registered: March 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ms.Lovely needs to engage her brain-----before opening her mouth. She certainly deserves whatever shit she gets.

"Once abolish the God, and the Government becomes the God." --- G.K. Chesterton

Posts: 3856 | Location: WNY | Registered: April 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
Bye, Felicia.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When you work for any government entity, just shut your mouth! Think whatever you want, just shut your pie hole. I learned this lesson early in my Navy career. Thank you Master Chief Kalwoski for teaching me “eyes and ears open, mouth shut!!

Posts: 507 | Registered: February 14, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Karpteach:
When you work for any government entity, just shut your mouth! Think whatever you want, just shut your pie hole...

This LEO got fired over in IL, about 1.5 hours SW of me:

http://www.pjstar.com/news/201...e-social-media-posts

Peoria police officer fired for inappropriate social media posts

Journal Star public safety reporter

Posted Feb 22, 2018 at 3:55 PM
Updated Feb 22, 2018 at 9:29 PM

PEORIA — A Peoria police officer has been fired over inappropriate use of social media.

A police spokeswoman wouldn’t comment on details but did say that Officer Jeremy Layman is no longer working for the department. He has worked for the department for 17 years and received a letter of commendation, a life-saving certificate and a combat valor award, the latter two both coming in 2009.

Terry Burnside, head of Peoria Community Against Violence, which is affiliated with the Don’t Shoot program, is also a member of the advisory committee on police-community relations. He said he was told Thursday about the termination.

“We were told that he was terminated based on the social media post he made,” Burnside said, without stating what the post was. “The conduct, we were told, wasn’t acceptable or tolerable.”

Rita Ali, chairwoman of the committee, said “police officers deal with the public on a day to day basis and have to be sensitive to all races and color.” She added that it’s difficult for the public to accept officers who aren’t.

Layman could not be reached for comment Thursday.

Layman drew attention for several potentially controversial or racially insensitive posts on Facebook. Local activist Chama St. Louis was one of many who went before the advisory committee last month to voice their displeasure.

“I think it’s important to highlight when our Peoria Police Department takes the appropriate measures to do the right thing in the best interest of the community,” she wrote on her Facebook page. “I think it’s decisions like this, that moves us in the right direction toward building more trust and creating more transparency between law enforcement and community. I think this sends a message to other officers that bias and racism will not be tolerated. That your oath to serve and protect includes people of every race.”

Several people who attended this month’s meeting of the advisory committee said Layman’s Facebook posts included a picture of a shirt that said “Baby Daddy Removal Team.”

Layman and two other officers were charged in Peoria County Circuit Court with official misconduct in connection with a May 3, 2008, beating. Those charges were dropped against Layman and another officer after the third officer was acquitted at trial.

Andy Kravetz can be reached at 686-3283 or akravetz@pjstar.com. Follow him on Twitter @andykravetz.

Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
The most informative part of this article? "NOTHING" is hidden on the internet and there are NO hidden/secret groups that are truly hidden/safe.

The Facebook Live video, which was originally broadcast within a secret group for Nellis airmen, went viral within days after it was reposted on the unofficial Air Force amn/nco/snco Facebook page.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12328 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post