SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Handgun in car in OR - locked container in backseat okay?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Handgun in car in OR - locked container in backseat okay? Login/Join 
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
Trust me, with the laws around here, I'm very used to them not making sense Smile

I'm just trying to meet the letter of the law without over exposing myself to risk. For example:

1) if allowed, I'd prefer to keep the handgun in a locked container in the compartment vs the trunk

2) if allowed, I'd prefer to keep loaded mags with the handgun (but not inserted I guess) rather than empty mags.

It's just challenging to determine what is allowed, especially given non-nonsensical, inconsistencies.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12714 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Casuistic Thinker and Daoist
Picture of 9mmepiphany
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by konata88:
I understand but hence my confusion:

1) makes no sense to have different allowances for SUV vs car with trunk. If one allows for passenger compartment, why not all?

Your confusion stems from looking at it from the wrong perspective.

The original law was very simple: Guns have to be locked in the trunk. The variance comes about as an accommodation for vehicles without a separate trunk: hence the locked container within the passenger compartment.

They'd still prefer that the gun be in the trunk, so they didn't change the original law

No, Daoism isn't a religion

Posts: 14180 | Location: northern california | Registered: February 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
Still makes no sense; if they allowed for vehicles w/out a trunk, they should have at that time made the same allowance for cars with trunks.

The only way this makes sense is if the intent of the law has no real basis. Just more arbitrary shit from the left.

Last time I was in OR, seems like a very high mix of non-trunk vehicles relative to other areas like metro CA.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12714 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post