SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Prayers for a friend please
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Prayers for a friend please Login/Join 
To Do What is
Right and Just
posted
So I have two people outside of family and my gf that I consider close friends. We all know the type you can say anything to and call any hour. Well my friend Ang just got the shaft in life hard this past week. A little back story first about her. She's the type to always listen and try to help. A single mom who decided to keep her child after being raped instead of abort, lives with a fucked up hip thats had her on oxy (prescribed and doesnt abuse) for almost 4 years, runs her own horse lesson business and a side business on etsy making custom wedding invations and the like. Basically refuses to live off the government even though most weeks is pay check to pay check. So well start with the least worst thing this week for her that happened second.

I get a call saying she is leaving our neighboring county's booking center. She got a dui. Not the end of the world but it was the piling on. Her light was green, went and got hit. Long story short, she gets hit with a dui since she popped an oxy after hitting her head in the accident and fucking her hip up more. Only probably cause was the cop seeing the bottle and her saying she did. So using up my favors to the local dui attorney that has a great track record of winning. She'd be a great choice for ard (no priors in anything), but it costs a ton and if she said she wasn't impaired at the time then I believe her (she didn't know that I know the attorneys I do and wasnt asking for help, was only venting when she told ke it).

The big one. She got diagnosed with breast and cervical cancer two days before the dui. Not much else I can say other than that.

I rarely show emotion, don't cry, tend to be cynical in just about everything, but hell if it isn't hard to actually keep it together and be my normal abrasive self around her. Thats the reason we always got along so well but would never think about dating. Even my gf asked one time when hanging out when all of us were there. We looked at her and basically said that'd be like fucking your sister. She's about as awful as human being as me and even when she was raped I think I said, well I had to wake up early today so yea I didnt have a good day either but do you hear me whining. Thats what got her to laugh. Just the normalcy, but this go around is just worse.

I know I'm rambling. Just a hell of a hand she got dealt at once, and wanted to give some back story to one of the few I've always considered a friend.

Posts: 2439 | Location: Usually Somewhere | Registered: July 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sound and Fury
Picture of Dallas239
posted Hide Post
Prayers sent for your friend Ang.

"I've spoken of the shining city all my political life, but I don't know if I ever quite communicated what I saw when I said it. But in my mind it was a tall proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, wind-swept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace, a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity, and if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here." -- Ronald Reagan, Farewell Address, Jan. 11, 1989

Si vis pacem para bellum
There are none so blind as those who refuse to see.
Feeding Trolls Since 1995

Posts: 18039 | Registered: February 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
Prayer sent for her. Hope it all works out well for her.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19111 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Prayers sent.

Silent

Posts: 1019 | Registered: February 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Prayers for Ang. I thought I had a rough week.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20756 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
God help her.

Posts: 26852 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
Of course. Added to my daily prayer.

Posts: 21829 | Registered: October 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cogito Ergo Sum
posted Hide Post
Prayers sent.

Posts: 5691 | Registered: August 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Our prayers as well....

Bill Gullette

Posts: 1523 | Location: Behind the Pine Curtain  | Registered: March 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
Done.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12743 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cat Whisperer
Picture of cmr076
posted Hide Post
wow that's a hell of a lot to deal with, it sounds like if anyone can work through it, it's her though.

------------------------------------

├┼┼╕
246R

Posts: 3901 | Location: SE PA | Registered: November 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted Hide Post
Prayers said for her.

Posts: 6687 | Registered: September 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jeriel
posted Hide Post
God bless her. Prayers sent

Posts: 1461 | Registered: January 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
To Do What is
Right and Just
posted Hide Post
Thank you to all. Will update as I can.

I know it sounds dark and heartless, but the best way I can say it is, she got her 3 minutes of sympathy from me to know that I care. Then it was on to cancer jokes. She reminded me I've been calling her a cancer on society for years. Just our dark sense of humor and probably the only way I'll get her to laugh.

Doctors appointment next week again to find out more.

Posts: 2439 | Location: Usually Somewhere | Registered: July 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of katndog
posted Hide Post
I am sorry for your friend, and for you. Prayers sent.

My sister was diagnosed with stage 4 metastatic breast cancer when she was 40. Very aggressive - the cancer had spread to the brain. She got a good local doctor who she trusts. She has been doing well for two years now- better than I thought she could, and I am a physician.

I share my sister's story only so you/your friend don't give up hope. It a terrifying time, but there will be good moments with the tears and fears.

Posts: 2629 | Location: CT | Registered: October 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gone but Together Again.
Dad & Uncle
Picture of h2oys
posted Hide Post
done

Posts: 3697 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: November 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Joie de vivre
Picture of sig229-SAS
posted Hide Post
I'm sorry to hear what she, and you are going through, prayers and good thoughts on the way.

Posts: 3848 | Location: 1,960' up in Murphy, NC | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post