SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Rotating your vehicle tires..Is it necessary?
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Rotating your vehicle tires..Is it necessary? Login/Join 
Shit don't
mean shit
posted Hide Post
I drive big SUVs and rotate in a modified X pattern per the owners manual. I rotate tires and change oil every 5k miles.

Posts: 5754 | Location: 7400 feet in Conifer CO | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Washing machine whisperer
Picture of Appliance Brad
posted Hide Post
I have mine rotated when I change oil. I run Mobil 1 in my daily driver and change oil at 10k miles. I drive about 32k miles per year on mixed gravel and paved roads. After driving full size pick ups and SUV's for decades, I've found I get about 60k from a set of tires rotating at oil changes.

Posts: 11219 | Location: below the palm tree line of Michigan | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not necessary, but I do it to get even wear. I’m already putting on snow tires in November anyways, so it’s not extra work. I have directional all weather tires so they only go front to back, none of that criss cross, front to back nonsense

Posts: 186 | Registered: April 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
Dont rotate, then your fronts on a front wheel drive car will wear more. Than just buy two new tires. Put the back tires on the front, put the new tires on the back as required. Then when your front tires are worn, buy two new tires, rotate the back used tires to the front as required, put the new tires on the back. Wash, repeat.

Posts: 6660 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post