SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Funniest Twitter thread ever: lunch stolen and victim goes to HR and asks to watch the CCTV video. Hilarity ensues.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Funniest Twitter thread ever: lunch stolen and victim goes to HR and asks to watch the CCTV video. Hilarity ensues. Login/Join 
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted
Twitter link: stolen shrimp fried rice

Posts: 18017 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
nothing like that ever happens in my office....

oh wait, I work by myself...

damn

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53086 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of craigcpa
posted Hide Post
Simply awesome.

==========================================
Just my 2¢

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right ♫♫♫

Posts: 7731 | Location: Raleighwood | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of C-Dubs
posted Hide Post
That was good.

We had someone rifling through our R&D benches at night. My co-worker (coincidentally another SF member that seldom checks in) brought in a trail cam.
Two days later, my co-worker shows me a photo he had printed from his cam catching the guy in the act, clear as day. He printed the photo off and taped it above his bench. Another two days later, he shows me a picture of the same guy going through his bench, with the printed photo hanging less than a foot away in the same photo. Big Grin

“I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.”

Posts: 2863 | Location: SE WI | Registered: October 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I hate lunch thieves, some basterd stole my sandwich one night and since I was working a 3rd shift I had no way of going out and getting something to eat. I was really tempted to plant a sandwich in the fridge laced with rat poison but decided it wasn't worth killing someone over a stolen sandwich.

Posts: 1618 | Location: USA | Registered: December 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
I had to remove the cameras from the lunchroom. Someone complained it was an intrusion. They felt they had the right to eat without "big brother" looking on. I put two dummy cameras in other locations, taking down the live ones. Smile I have no idea what came next. No one ever complained about the dummy's or they didn't see them. Go figure.

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18385 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by calugo:
I hate lunch thieves, some basterd stole my sandwich one night and since I was working a 3rd shift I had no way of going out and getting something to eat. I was really tempted to plant a sandwich in the fridge laced with rat poison but decided it wasn't worth killing someone over a stolen sandwich.

My exwife worked a AD agency some years ago. Her lunch was frequently taken by a couple who worked there. Take the sandwich from the agencies fridge and eat it. Pissed off my wife. Pissed off me too, 'cause I made her lunch.

One day I made a mustard spiced dog food sandwich for her to take to work. (Cadillac dog food) Put in the fridge, 'cause it did stink.

It was eaten by a couple who worked there.

Wife told me later, female who ate half the sandwich got the shits and went home early. Females BF who are the other half complained of heartburn.

Ex never had her lunch stolen thereafter.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
The idea of stealing other people's food from the office fridge is simply beyond comprehension...I simply don't get the motivation, or the decision making that leads up to something like that...

Posts: 13046 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

A high school friend cured another guy's candy-stealing habit by putting out Ex-Lax that looked like (and apparently tasted like) chocolate. Ten or twenty pieces got the job done, figuratively speaking. Cool

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9127 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative Behind
Enemy Lines
Picture of synthplayer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aeteocles:
The idea of stealing other people's food from the office fridge is simply beyond comprehension...I simply don't get the motivation, or the decision making that leads up to something like that...

I found what you said riveting.

Posts: 10696 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rinehart
posted Hide Post
We had that problem once and it seemed to get worse and worse (person was eating the food).
One good generous lacing with some most excellent peppers solved that problem.
It didn't take Hercule Poirot to figure out the culprit.

Posts: 1507 | Location: PA | Registered: March 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We have the most amazing technology in the history of mankind and and we're trolling shrimp fried rice thieves.

We had a food thief at a previous employer. A coworker made a cat food sandwich which resolved the problem. I don't advocate this approach but it did work.

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13386 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
A lady who worked for me had a carryout roasted chicken purloined by three of the porters in a car dealership for their lunch, they literally tore it to pieces and shoved it back into the lunchroom refrigerator. She found it when leaving that afternoon as she had out of town visitors. The trio were from what my Hispanic co-workers said were illegal but the dealer was working on getting them legal so they were "indebted" to him (mid to late 1980's)

A little sleuthing when my assistant and I found some witnesses, a couple of techs that saw them "hide" the evidence in the foil bag, like nobody would ever see it.

As these were the dealer's "pets" and could not do anything wrong I charged another chicken off to the lot expense account. Reason for charge off at the bottom of form said "feeding of Ruben's pets". That got a couple of snickers in the office.

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8066 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
Anyone caught stealing my lunch is getting shot.

I work from home

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37931 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
More than 30 years ago I worked in the service department of a car dealership. I'd take my lunch and put it away in the company fridge as we all do. Someone started stealing my sandwiches, and I decided to fight theft with lube. They used to have this grease that looked like mustard, so I made a ham/grease sandwich. Around lunch my sammie was gone, so I started walking around looking for the culprit. Never found him, but did find the remnants of the half-eaten lube-laden concoction in a trash can. Never had another issue.

Posts: 1892 | Location: KY | Registered: April 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted Hide Post
quote:

Lots of hot pepper?

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I once dusted a tuna salad sandwich with Cayenne pepper in a heavy enough layer it looked like it was seasoned with Paprika. I mean a layer of pepper at least 1/32 inch thick. The thief took one bite and after about 15 seconds ran howling for the water fountain. Never again did anyone have a problem with their food being stolen.

I've stopped counting.

Posts: 5621 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yew got a spider
on yo head
Picture of DoctorSolo
posted Hide Post
Finally, social media has an upside.

Apparently the victim pissed off a straight-up stone-cold gangster.

Posts: 5101 | Location: Colorado Springs | Registered: April 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
Another indicator of the depth of decadence, erosion of culture, and decline of civilization things have come to.

I won’t say such puerile antics never occurred when I was working, but I never heard of anything like that, in an office of ~150 employees with many bringing lunch daily ~40 years ago. We had a lunch room, refrigerator, even an early microwave. I don’t doubt that firing would be the inevitable result of gettng caught.

At another office in the ‘90’s, with several small business tenantemployees sharing those facilities, we did have some problems with lunch theft, and put a stop to it.

Pretty pathetic.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ozarkwoods
posted Hide Post
I have a story this is not a stealing story but fits. As told by my Grandfather as we milked cows in Kettle River, MN 48 years ago. My grandfather would always pound a can of Copenhagen on his hand and open it up offer it to a 12 year old grandson helping him during the summer. I always refused, he said that in his younger days he worked at the Hormel meat Company in South St. Paul. They were allowed to chew. Every day when he pounded the can and open it up for a pinch, he had a coworker who worked beside him would always bum a pinch off of him.....never to return the favor. After a couple of weeks of this. My Grandfather during break was in the men’s room at the urinal trough when the coworker lined up beside him. After my Grandfather was done pissing, he pulled the can of Copenhagen out of his pocket opened it up and shook the last few drips into the can and closed it up and put the can back in his pocket. Noticed the look on the guys face and said it was getting a bit dry, then left. After that day his coworker never bummed another pinch, and refused it even when asked......I miss that guy.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4810 | Location: SWMO | Registered: October 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post